[NEOhioPAL]Playwright Seeks Composer/Collaborator

Tempest1013 at aol.com Tempest1013 at aol.com
Wed Jul 4 09:54:39 PDT 2001

I'm a N.E. Ohio playwright who is working to bring to life an original
contemporary musical. I'm looking for a composer/collaborator to write the
score. I've worked on the script (thinking it would be a play) on and off for
the for the last four years, but I've recently decided it will be more
impactful as a musical. This script is an adaptation of another play, which
was presented five years ago in a staged reading (directed by me.) In
addition to writing the play, I also am writing the libretto and the lyrics.

However, I'm not a total control freak.

I'm looking for a collaborator-partner who can bring a great deal of musical
creativity to the project. In my mind, the play is suited to a variety of
music styles: rock, blues, reggae, Latin.  There could be more. I am open for
suggestions.

Right now,  this is a part-time project. I have financial responsibilities,
so I also have a "real job."

There are also "real" issues, business issues to be discussed, and I need to
find someone who is as committed as I am to getting this work produced and
noticed.  There's also an opportunity to produce and release the music
separately. Whatever happens, it's important that this partner and I work out
the details to maintain the rights to whatever is eventually
produced/performed/recorded.

Something about me: I have more than 20 years' experience as a journalist and
writer. I've worked at the Buffalo News, Kansas City Star, Detroit Free Press
and had PR jobs at the University of Southern California and a pr firm in
Detroit. I received a Press Club of Cleveland Excellence in Journalism Award
for some magazine pieces I wrote. I have a B.A. from Indiana University
(Bloomington) and an M.S. from Columbia University. Both degrees are in
journalism. In hindsight, I probably should have majored in theater, but
that's another story.

To reply, please e-mail me at tempest1013 at aol.com.

Thanks.