[NEohioPAL]Solution (workaround) to NEohioPAL "digest" html gruel problem...

FSternfeld at aol.com FSternfeld at aol.com
Tue Aug 14 08:32:01 PDT 2001

--part1_80.ea00242.28aa816b_boundary

Hi

As of yet, Hostway doesn't appear to have a good solution to the problems
with the "digest" version.

The feedback I have gotten is that the people who select "digest" version
over "individual" messages do so because they find it disruptive to receive
e-mails all day long at their regular e-mail address. My solution is to use
"individual" e-mails but create your own digest version by setting up a
separate e-mail address.

Here is a "workaround" to solve the problem of html gruel in the digest
version of NEohioPAL:

1. Set up a separate e-mail address for NEohioPAL. There are many free
internet e-mail systems like Microsoft's Hotmail: <A HREF="www.hotmail.com">www.hotmail.com</A>. AOL 6.0
allows for up to seven e-mail addresses.

2. Subscribe to NEohioPAL selecting "individual" message setting, not
"digest."

3. The messages will accumulate in this dedicated e-mail address and you can
check them as often or as little as you like. The inbox, effectively, will be
your table of contents.

I will update you if Hostway solves the problem with the "digest" style...

Warm Regards,
Fred Sternfeld

PS -- NEohioPAL currently has 931 subscribers --  818 receiving "individual"
messages and 113 receiving the "digest" style.

--part1_80.ea00242.28aa816b_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=2>Hi
<BR>
<BR>As of yet, Hostway doesn't appear to have a good solution to the problems
<BR>with the "digest" version.
<BR>
<BR>The feedback I have gotten is that the people who select "digest" version
<BR>over "individual" messages do so because they find it disruptive to receive
<BR>e-mails all day long at their regular e-mail address. My solution is to use
<BR>"individual" e-mails but create your own digest version by setting up a
<BR>separate e-mail address.
<BR>
<BR>Here is a "workaround" to solve the problem of html gruel in the digest
<BR>version of NEohioPAL:
<BR>
<BR>1. Set up a separate e-mail address for NEohioPAL. There are many free
<BR>internet e-mail systems like Microsoft's Hotmail: <A HREF="www.hotmail.com">www.hotmail.com</A>. AOL 6.0
<BR>allows for up to seven e-mail addresses.
<BR>
<BR>2. Subscribe to NEohioPAL selecting "individual" message setting, not
<BR>"digest."
<BR>
<BR>3. The messages will accumulate in this dedicated e-mail address and you can
<BR>check them as often or as little as you like. The inbox, effectively, will be
<BR>your table of contents.
<BR>
<BR>I will update you if Hostway solves the problem with the "digest" style...
<BR>
<BR>Warm Regards,
<BR>Fred Sternfeld
<BR>
<BR>PS -- NEohioPAL currently has 931 subscribers --  818 receiving "individual"
<BR>messages and 113 receiving the "digest" style.
<BR>
<BR>
<BR></FONT></HTML>

--part1_80.ea00242.28aa816b_boundary--