[NEohioPAL]WAKE UP And LIVE's Actors' Studio Workshop Reminders

Wakeup4664 at aol.com Wakeup4664 at aol.com
Fri Aug 17 18:37:05 PDT 2001

--part1_cf.aeb37c2.28ae746d_boundary

8/17/01

As we get ready to close out the summer, we are reminding you about the
following workshop sessions.

1.  REMINDER

WAKE UP And LIVE's Actors' Studio

Saturday, August 18th.  1:00 PM - 3:00 PM

"The National Black Theatre Festival Review:  A 'Living Legends' Conference."

If you're pursuing a legitimate theatre, film or TV career, you should know
Ossie Davis (& Ruby Dee), Cicely Tyson, Joseph Marcell, Malcolm Jamal Warner,
and many others who attended the NBTF. Learn about the contributions these
and other 'Living Legends' such as Barbara McNair, Woodie King, Jr., Mikki
Grant, and Bill Duke have made to Theatre, Film & TV. Learn how these
international actors, directors and playwrights use Networking & Showcases to
market themselves, get exposure to their special projects and productions,
and look for new talent

Sue Johnson, actor/director, will help you explore & expand your options to
showcase your acting, directing or playwriting on the national level the way
that the 'Living Legends' do.

Saturday, August 18th, 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM
Space limited.  Must call (216) 561-8608 to RSVP.  Donation.

2.  REMINDER

The Sue Johnson WAKE UP And LIVE's Actors' Studio offers its "Tricks of the
Trade" Open Studio sessions.

Actors should come prepared to work on:
. Cold readings, Character development, Monologues & Scene work
. acting techniques for On-stage, On-camera (commercial, industrial, film) &
Voiceover
. audition techniques that get results.
. resources, networking & other 'survival skills'

  Fee:  $25.00 per session.              Call (216) 561-8608 to register.
  Saturdays, thru September 29th.   10:30 Am - 12:30 PM

3. REMINDER

Mon. Aug. 20th:    "Creating Your 'Signature Style' Career Game Plane "

Are you ready to do what it takes to be an actor who gets auditions & work?
This workshop shows you how to use specific physical, mental, emotional &
spiritual techniques to prepare yourself to be an actor on-stage, on-camera &
voiceover.

6:30 PM - 8:00 PM.
Fee:  $25.00. Advanced Registration Required.
Call (216) 561-8608.

4.  NEW ITEM

"Tricks of the Trade:  Diction, Dialogue & Speaking Techniques for On-stage,
On- camera & Voiceover"

Do you 'Swallow' your words?  Have you been called a 'Mush Mouth?'  Have you
been asked to 'Slow down?' Professionals pay attention to the details -
pacing, "t's, d's, & ings."  Learn to play with language and your voice:
enunciation, articulation, intonation, inflection, etc. to give your
character more flavor.  Great session for singers & comedians, too.

Saturday, August 25th, 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM
Fee:  $20.00. Call (216) 561-8608 in advance to register.

--part1_cf.aeb37c2.28ae746d_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=2>8/17/01
<BR>
<BR>As we get ready to close out the summer, we are reminding you about the
<BR>following workshop sessions.
<BR>
<BR><B><U>1.  REMINDER
<BR></B></U>
<BR><B>WAKE UP And LIVE's <I>Actors' Studio
<BR></B></I>
<BR><B>Saturday, August 18th.  1:00 PM - 3:00 PM</B>
<BR>
<BR><B>"The National Black Theatre Festival Review:  A 'Living Legends' Conference."</B>
<BR>
<BR>If you're pursuing a legitimate theatre, film or TV career, you should know
<BR>Ossie Davis (& Ruby Dee), Cicely Tyson, Joseph Marcell, Malcolm Jamal Warner,
<BR>and many others who attended the NBTF. Learn about the contributions these
<BR>and other 'Living Legends' such as Barbara McNair, Woodie King, Jr., Mikki
<BR>Grant, and Bill Duke have made to Theatre, Film & TV. Learn how these
<BR>international actors, directors and playwrights use Networking & Showcases to
<BR>market themselves, get exposure to their special projects and productions,
<BR>and look for new talent
<BR>
<BR>Sue Johnson, actor/director, will help you explore & expand your options to
<BR>showcase your acting, directing or playwriting on the national level the way
<BR>that the 'Living Legends' do.
<BR>
<BR><B>Saturday, August 18th, 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM
<BR>Space limited.  Must call (216) 561-8608 to RSVP.  Donation.</B>
<BR>
<BR><B><U>2.  REMINDER
<BR></B></U>
<BR><I>The </I>Sue Johnson <B>WAKE UP And LIVE's <I>Actors' Studio </B></I>offers its <B>"Tricks of the
<BR>Trade" Open Studio sessions.
<BR></B>
<BR>Actors should come prepared to work on:
<BR>. Cold readings, Character development, Monologues & Scene work
<BR>. acting techniques for On-stage, On-camera (commercial, industrial, film) &
<BR>Voiceover
<BR>. audition techniques that get results.
<BR>. resources, networking & other 'survival skills'
<BR>
<BR>  <B>Fee:  $25.00 per session.              Call (216) 561-8608 to register.
<BR>  Saturdays, thru September 29th.   10:30 Am - 12:30 PM
<BR></B>
<BR><B><U>3. REMINDER</B></U>
<BR>
<BR><B>Mon. Aug. 20th:    "Creating Your 'Signature Style' Career Game Plane "</B>
<BR>
<BR>Are you ready to do what it takes to be an actor who gets auditions & work?
<BR>This workshop shows you how to use specific physical, mental, emotional &
<BR>spiritual techniques to prepare yourself to be an actor on-stage, on-camera &
<BR>voiceover.
<BR>
<BR><B>6:30 PM - 8:00 PM.
<BR>Fee:  $25.00. Advanced Registration Required.
<BR>Call (216) 561-8608.</B>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR><B><U>4.  NEW ITEM
<BR>
<BR></U>"Tricks of the Trade:  Diction, Dialogue & Speaking Techniques for On-stage,
<BR>On- camera & Voiceover"</B>
<BR>
<BR>Do you 'Swallow' your words?  Have you been called a 'Mush Mouth?'  Have you
<BR>been asked to 'Slow down?' Professionals pay attention to the details -
<BR>pacing, "t's, d's, & ings."  Learn to play with language and your voice:
<BR>enunciation, articulation, intonation, inflection, etc. to give your
<BR>character more flavor.  Great session for singers & comedians, too.
<BR>
<BR><B>Saturday, August 25th, 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM
<BR>Fee:  $20.00. Call (216) 561-8608 in advance to register.</B>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR></FONT></HTML>