[NEohioPAL]Registration Deadline: "Chuck Patterson's Scene Study & Monologue Master Class"

Wakeup4664 at aol.com Wakeup4664 at aol.com
Sat Dec 8 17:35:02 PST 2001

--part1_67.1e391116.294384c9_boundary

IMPORTANT Reminders & Updates from the Sue Johnson WAKE UP And LIVE's Actors'
Studio.

ITEM:     REGISTRATION DEADLINE:  TUESDAY, DECEMBER 11th  . . .

                                 for
"Scene Study and Monolgues . . . . Chuck Patterson, Style."
Thursday, Dec. 13th & Dec. 2oth, 6:30 PM - 9:30 PM

Call Tri-C: (216) 987- 3075, to register.  Course #: 88785

For Immediate Release

       Chuck Patterson is back.  Once, again, area actors will have an
opportunity to study with Chuck Patterson, New York actor/director who will
teach actors how to: Make 'good' Monologue choices; Create a 'process' to
approach your work and discover your character; Solve 'actors problems' which
arise in Monologues and Scene Work.

       the Sue Johnson WAKE UP And LIVE's Actors' Studio and Cuyahoga
Community College's Department of Continuing & Professional Education present
"Scene Study and Monologues:  A Master Acting Class . . .  Chuck Patterson
Style"

       This 2-session workshop for serious actors will be held at Tri-C
Eastern, 4250 Richmond Road, Highland Hills. East 2 Building, Room 230,
Thursday, Dec. 13th & 20th, 6:30 PM - 9:30 PM. Fee:  $65.00.
Course # 88785.

       Many of you know Chuck for his recent Cleveland Playhouse performances
as Dr. William Chumley in Harvey and Juror 10 in Twelve Angry Men. As
Associate Artist at CPH the past two seasons, Chuck directed the highly
acclaimed Two Trains Running and Blues for an Alabama Sky.   This year, he is
directing the Amen Corner, featuring several local actors and gospel singers.

       Chuck's extensive Broadway, off-Broadway, national & regional stage,
TV & film credits include Death of a Salesman (w/George C. Scott), The Five
Heartbeats (opposite Diahann Carroll), Law & Order, New York Under Cover, and
the award-winning AMC special, The Royale.  Chuck's many acting/directing
credits include his works at The New Federal Theater, the Lambs Theater, The
Negro Ensemble Company and the Medicine Show Theater. Chuck was Artistic
Consultant and Resident Director for Theater of Universal Images, Newark, New
Jersey for three years, serving as Artistic Director for two.  While there,
his directorial credits include, Ain't Supposed To Die A Natural Death, and
Crispus! A Musical, which he also co-authored.

       Chuck is looking forward to being a Guest Artist Instructor and
working with the many talented local actors and acting students from the Sue
Johnson WAKE UP And LIVE's Actors' Studio.  When asked about the content of
his Scene Study and Monologues Master Class, Chuck says that "I will be
sharing my own approach based on my many years as an actor, and more recently
as a director."  He tells actors, "You will learn how to create a process to
approach your work.  Utilizing scene text, you will discover your character
--  who you are & what your style is."

TO REGISTER: call Tri-C, (216) 987-3075.  Visa/MC & Discover accepted.
(Course #: 88785)

For information: call the Sue Johnson WAKE UP And LIVE's Actors' Studio
(216) 561-8608

REMINDER:   Actors' Career Development Workshops Continue:

You can still register for the following Actors' Career Development Workshops

. Tues. Dec. 11th   Marketing & Business Basics
                               Breaking into the business: There's more to
being an actor than acting.  You will have to know about the following to
increase  your chances of being successful  --  Freelancing, Agencies,
Contracts, "Scams," Casting Directors, Producers & Directors, Unions, and
Being an Independent Contractor, Record keeping: Income & Expenses.

. Sat. Dec. 15th   Marketing: "Getting Your Big Break, Get Work, Get Paid"
                               Learn the  - Who - What - When - Where - Why -
& - How - to make that Leap from Cleveland to NYC, Chicago, LA & other major
talent markets. Everything from  - Audition - to - Acting Classes - to -
Apartments, Resources, Networking & other "Survival skills." All about
"Showcases" and developing your own "One Man/Woman Show" to get noticed & to
get work.

Fee:  $25.00 per session.
         $20.00 per session for 3 or more sessions.

Call (216) 561-8608 to register & for information.

Reminder

The Open Studio sessions resumed,  Saturday, December 1st, at their regular
times - 10:30 AM - 12:30 PM.

        The Open Studio provides experienced and inexperienced actors,
playwrights & directors the opportunity to learn and/or hone their craft as
well as learn the business & marketing side of being an artist.  Open Studio
sessions cover such Craft & Business Skills and Techniques as: Cold Readings;
Interpreting & Analyzing Copy; Monologues; Character Development; Scene work;
Improv; Audition Techniques; Marketing.

       If you would like to attend, please call (216)561-8608 for
information, to RSVP & for location.
       Registration: $25.00 per session.  (VISA/MC, AMEX, Discover accepted.)

--part1_67.1e391116.294384c9_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=2><B>IMPORTANT Reminders </B>& <B>Updates</B> from <I>the</I> Sue Johnson <B>WAKE UP And LIVE's <I>Actors' Studio.<BR>
<U><BR>
</B></I></U>  <B><I>       <BR>
</I><U>ITEM:</U>     REGISTRATION DEADLINE:  <U>TUESDAY, DECEMBER 11th  .</U> . .<U><BR>
</U>              <I><U><BR>
</I></U>                                 for<I><U><BR>
</I></U>"Scene Study and Monolgues . . . . Chuck Patterson, Style." <BR>
Thursday, Dec. 13th & Dec. 2oth, 6:30 PM - 9:30 PM<BR>
<BR>
Call Tri-C: (216) 987- 3075, to register.  Course #: 88785<I><U><BR>
</I><BR>
<P ALIGN=CENTER>For Immediate Release<I></U><BR>
<P ALIGN=LEFT><BR>
</B></I>       Chuck Patterson is back.  Once, again, area actors will have an opportunity to study with Chuck Patterson, New York actor/director who will teach actors how to: Make 'good' Monologue choices; Create a 'process' to approach your work and discover your character; Solve 'actors problems' which arise in <B>Monologues and Scene Work.</B><BR>
<BR>
      <I> the </I>Sue Johnson <B>WAKE UP And LIVE's <I>Actors' Studio</I> </B>and Cuyahoga Community College's Department of Continuing & Professional Education present <B>"Scene Study and Monologues:  A Master Acting Class . . .  Chuck Patterson Style"  <BR>
<BR>
       This 2-session workshop for serious actors will be held at Tri-C Eastern, 4250 Richmond Road, Highland Hills. East 2 Building, Room 230, Thursday, Dec. 13th & 20th, 6:30 PM - 9:30 PM. Fee:  $65.00.<BR>
Course # 88785.</B><BR>
<BR>
       Many of you know Chuck for his recent Cleveland Playhouse performances as Dr. William Chumley in <I>Harvey </I>and Juror 10 in <I>Twelve Angry Men.</I> As Associate Artist at CPH the past two seasons, Chuck directed the highly acclaimed <I>Two Trains Running</I> and <I>Blues for an Alabama Sky.</I>   This year, he is directing the <I>Amen Corner</I>, featuring several local actors and gospel singers.<BR>
<BR>
       Chuck's extensive Broadway, off-Broadway, national & regional stage, TV & film credits include <I>Death of a Salesman</I> (w/George C. Scott), <I>The Five Heartbeats (</I>opposite Diahann Carroll), <I>Law & Order, New York Under Cover,</I> and the award-winning AMC special, <I>The Royale.</I>  Chuck's many acting/directing credits include his works at The New Federal Theater, the Lambs Theater, The Negro Ensemble Company and the Medicine Show Theater. Chuck was Artistic Consultant and Resident Director for Theater of Universal Images, Newark, New Jersey for three years, serving as Artistic Director for two.  While there, his directorial credits include, <I>Ain't Supposed To Die A Natural Death,</I> and <I>Crispus! A Musical, </I>which he also co-authored.<BR>
<BR>
       Chuck is looking forward to being a Guest Artist Instructor and working with the many talented local actors and acting students from <I>the </I>Sue Johnson <B>WAKE UP And LIVE's <I>Actors' Studio</I>. </B> When asked about the content of his <B>Scene Study and Monologues Master Class</B>, Chuck says that "I will be sharing my own approach based on my many years as an actor, and more recently as a director."  He tells actors, "You will learn how to create a process to approach your work.  Utilizing scene text, you will discover your character  --  who you are & what your style is." <B><I><BR>
</B></I><BR>
T<B>O REGISTER: call Tri-C, (216) 987-3075.  Visa/MC & Discover accepted.  (Course #: 88785)<BR>
</B><BR>
For information: call <I>the S</I>ue Johnson <B>WAKE UP And LIVE's <I>Actors' Studio <BR>
</I>(</B>216) 561-8608 <BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<B><U>REMINDER: </U>  Actors' Career Development Workshops Continue:<U><BR>
</B></U><BR>
You can <I>still r</I>egister for the following Actors' Career Development Workshops<I><BR>
</I><BR>
<B>. Tues. Dec. 11th   Marketing & Business Basics<BR>
</B>                               Breaking into the business: There's more to being an actor than acting.  You will have to know about the following to increase  your chances of being successful  --  Freelancing, Agencies, Contracts, "Scams," Casting Directors, Producers & Directors, Unions, and Being an Independent Contractor, Record keeping: Income & Expenses.<BR>
<B><BR>
. Sat. Dec. 15th   Marketing: "Getting Your Big Break, Get Work, Get Paid" <BR>
</B>                               Learn the  - Who - What - When - Where - Why - & - How - to make that Leap from Cleveland to NYC, Chicago, LA & other major talent markets. Everything from  - Audition - to - Acting Classes - to - Apartments, Resources, Networking & other "Survival skills." All about "Showcases" and developing your own "One Man/Woman Show" to get noticed & to get work.<B><BR>
</B><BR>
Fee:  $25.00 per session. <BR>
         $20.00 per session for 3 or more sessions.<BR>
<BR>
Call (216) 561-8608 to register & for information.<BR>
<BR>
<B><U>Reminder</B></U><BR>
<BR>
The <B>Open Studio </B>sessions resumed,  Saturday, December 1st, at their regular times - 10:30 AM - 12:30 PM.<BR>
<B><I><BR>
</B></I>        The<B><I> </I>Open Studio </B>provides experienced and inexperienced actors, playwrights & directors the opportunity to learn and/or hone their craft as well as learn the business & marketing side of being an artist.  Open Studio sessions cover such Craft & Business Skills and Techniques as: Cold Readings; Interpreting & Analyzing Copy; Monologues; Character Development; Scene work; Improv; Audition Techniques; Marketing.<BR>
       <BR>
       If you would like to attend, please call (216)561-8608 for information, to RSVP & for location.  <BR>
       Registration: $25.00 per session.  (VISA/MC, AMEX, Discover accepted.)<B><I><BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>