[NEohioPAL]Workshop Players to stage open reading of new play

WSPAmherst at aol.com WSPAmherst at aol.com
Fri Feb 15 22:28:01 PST 2002

--part1_151.902f39f.299f0805_boundary

Attention all actresses:  Workshop Players is preparing to present
the World Premier of the two woman show MAMA'S VEIL by our own Teresa
Lee Jenkins, to be directed by Dave Cotton.  If you think you might be
interested in trying out for this production but would like more information
about the storyline, the
theatre is holding an open reading of the script on Friday,  February
22 at 7:00 at the theatre at 44820 Middle Ridge Rd. in Amherst.  This reading
is for informational purposes only-- It is not an audition.  The
director and the author would like to hear the play being read for the
purpose of script analysis.    Auditions will be held in early March.
We will depend on the folks attending that evening to help with the
reading.
      The play, set in Bowling Green, KY,  is a two woman show that
focuses on the changing relationship between a mother and her daughter.
The story begins when the daughter is 10 and the mother is in her late
30's and  spans 30 years.  We might use two young women to play the
daughter: a teen ager for the school age scenes and a young adult for
the later scenes.  Come and meet the author and director and see what the
show is
about.

"If the whole world's a stage, I demand better lighting"

--part1_151.902f39f.299f0805_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=2 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0">Attention all actresses:  Workshop Players is preparing to present<BR>
the World Premier of the two woman show MAMA'S VEIL by our own Teresa<BR>
Lee Jenkins, to be directed by Dave Cotton.  If you think you might be interested in trying out for this production but would like more information about the storyline, the<BR>
theatre is holding an open reading of the script on Friday,  February<BR>
22 at 7:00 at the theatre at 44820 Middle Ridge Rd. in Amherst.  This reading<BR>
is for informational purposes only-- It is not an audition.  The<BR>
director and the author would like to hear the play being read for the<BR>
purpose of script analysis.    Auditions will be held in early March.<BR>
We will depend on the folks attending that evening to help with the<BR>
reading.<BR>
      The play, set in Bowling Green, KY,  is a two woman show that<BR>
focuses on the changing relationship between a mother and her daughter.<BR>
The story begins when the daughter is 10 and the mother is in her late<BR>
30's and  spans 30 years.  We might use two young women to play the<BR>
daughter: a teen ager for the school age scenes and a young adult for<BR>
the later scenes.  Come and meet the author and director and see what the show is<BR>
about.<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
</FONT><FONT  COLOR="#800080" style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=3 FAMILY="SERIF" FACE="Book Antiqua" LANG="0"><BR>
<BR>
</FONT><FONT  COLOR="#800080" style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=3 FAMILY="SERIF" FACE="Book Antiqua" LANG="0">"If the whole world's a stage, I demand better lighting"</FONT></HTML>

--part1_151.902f39f.299f0805_boundary--