[NEohioPAL]EVITA AUDITIONS AT NEAR WEST THEATRE

RNavisjr at aol.com RNavisjr at aol.com
Mon Feb 18 13:39:07 PST 2002

NEAR WEST THEATRE IS HOLDING AUDITIONS FOR THE
WEBER/RICE MUSICAL SENSATION....EVITA
All roles are open.
As the Director, I am inspired to create a "new take" on Eva Peron. One not
so
simplistic and sarcastic as this musical is written. I will be exploring
various artistic ways to shift emphasis in the show...to express the true mix
of myth and fact which surrounds her life...weave into the story a more
balanced sense of her life's journey and her accomlishments. My hope is to
explore her actions and life's  journey with more attention to her humanness
and her inner dichotomies.
AUDITIONS ARE BEING HELD AT OUR THEATRE SPACE, W 38TH AND BRIDGE AVE THIS
WEEK, FEB 19, 20 AND 21. That's Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.
Auditions begin each evening at 7:30pm. Please arrive 15 minutes early to
register.
No preparation is needed.  The audition will last until 10pm. The entire
group of auditionees will be together the whole time and you will have
multiple opportunities to
express yourself through song, movement and theater games.
FEEL FREE TO CALL ME AT 281-6879 WITH ANY QUESTIONS.
EVITA will be performed the first three weekends in May.
I am looking forward to creating an exciting new production of this long-time
favorite.
Sincerely yours,
Bob Navis Jr.

THE NEAR WEST THEATRE OFFICE PHONE # IS: 216-621-1919