[NEohioPAL]Reminder: Ensemble Theatre Auditions for "Anton in Show Business"

Maysie929 at aol.com Maysie929 at aol.com
Sat Feb 23 10:13:06 PST 2002

Just a reminder that auditions will be held Sunday, February 24 and Tuesday,
February 26 from 6:00 to 8:00PM for Jane Martin's ANTON IN SHOW BUSINESS at
Ensemble Theatre in Cleveland Heights, directed by Sarah May.

    The Cleveland premiere of this hilarious theatrical romp will run from
May 9 thru May 26.  I am looking for an ensemble of seven versatile and
energetic women (including one African American actress) to play multiple
roles in telling the story of a theatre in Texas that sets out to produce
Chekhov's THREE SISTERS, featuring a soap opera star.  (Kinda like Greater
Tuna meets Infinite Regress of Human Vanity!)

This surprise hit of the 2000 Humana Festival, written by Jane Martin
(TALKING WITH,  KEELY AND DU, etc......and generally believed to be a
pseudonym for Jon Jory) has lots of insights on the state of our theatre and
should be great fun to tackle!
    Come prepared to read from the script.....monologues are okay, too, but
not necessary.....Equity and Non-Equity welcome.  I'm not really sure yet
about the age range of the ensemble until I hear some readings.......20 to 50
sounds pretty safe.

    I am also looking for a group of students/interns to assist on the
production and help facilitate many quick set and costume changes.  Any
questions? Call me!

                            Love, Sarah  (216-321-8833)