[NEohioPAL]Olokumi African Arts Collective

Najaa Young naj at prodigy.net
Thu Mar 7 10:27:01 PST 2002

------=_NextPart_000_0061_01C1C5C7.86865980

This copy is for those who cannot open the attachment from my previous =
message about Olokumi.=20

=20
Experience African Culture

Have you always wanted to learn more about African music, dance and =
culture? Educators are you looking for innovative ways to teach your =
students how to think critically and creatively? Then Olokumi African =
Arts Collective is the organization for you.

Olokumi African Arts Collective is made up of independent artists and =
groups who are dedicated to preserving and promoting African cultural =
arts around the world. Combined we have over 75 years experience in the =
arts. We have studied collectively and individually abroad and in the =
United States, with master dancers, singers, musicians and folklorists. =
Our professional artists have themselves taught numerous workshops and =
performed extensively in the tri-state area. We have combined our =
efforts to better serve the needs of the community by offering you a one =
stop shop for African culture.=20

Meet the Artists

Yetunde Obasola - Master cultural artist with over 30 years experience =
who specializes in African folklore, songs and music. Yetunde is also a =
choreographer and lyricist who has performed her original works at =
universities, theatres, and clubs throughout the United States.

Najaa Young - With a BA in Theatre Arts from Chatham College Najaa has =
directed and performed in numerous productions. She has taught drama, =
creative writing, African dance, and hip hop workshops for people of all =
ages.=20

Olokumi - Not your typical African dance company Olokumi not only dances =
but acts and sings. They perform traditional dances and songs from West =
Africa, as well as from the Caribbean, South America and the United =
States.=20

Babalawo Ifasina Adelana - Ifasina is a young man who traveled to =
Nigeria, West Africa to be initiated into the Yoruba priesthood of Ifa. =
He is a youth activist who helped to coordinate the Million Youth March =
in Harlem, New York. He is also a hip-hop artist and former associate =
vice president of Black Wax Records.=20

Custom Designed Programming to Fit Your Needs

=20

We will design a program to fit your needs, whether it is a performance =
for school-aged audiences or a residency with one of our artists. =
Resource material is provided at no additional cost at your request. =
Olokumi African Arts Collective provides the following services: African =
storytelling, dance workshops, drama workshops, creative writing =
workshops, plays for children and adults, lectures, and musical =
performances. So whether you need dancers to perform at your wedding or =
a lecture on African religious practices in the New World we are the =
organization for you!

Creating Priceless Memories Inexpensively=20

Our fees are based on our years experience in our respective art forms =
and the current industry standards. Therefore, there are set prices for =
certain services that we offer that are listed on the back. But, if you =
have any questions feel free to contact us.=20

Prices

African Storytelling                     $75 for 45 min.

Lecture/Demonstration             $75 for 1 hr.=20

Workshops                                $75 for 1hr.

Performances                            $300 for 30 min.

Residencies are available starting at $500 a week with a maximum of 3 =
hours of instruction per day.=20

Programs outside of Northeast Ohio may be subject to additional charges. =

We also offer a variety of services that most arts collectives do not =
such as professional development workshops for educators and youth =
crisis/gang intervention. Prices for these services are at the =
discretion of the instructors.=20

If you do not see you particular need listed above do not worry, we will =
customize or design a program to fit your needs. The price is =
negotiable.=20

Contact Us

E-mail Address=20

Naj at Prodigy.net

=20

=20

Click here for Free Video!!
http://www.gohip.com/free_video/

------=_NextPart_000_0061_01C1C5C7.86865980

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<META content=3D"MSHTML 5.00.2314.1000" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>This copy is for those who cannot open the =
attachment from my=20
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT> </DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2><B><FONT color=3D#808000 face=3D"Century =
Gothic">
<P align=3Dcenter>Experience African Culture</P></B></FONT><FONT=20
face=3D"Century Gothic" size=3D3>
<P align=3Djustify></P>
<P align=3Djustify>Have you always wanted to learn more about African =
music, dance=20
and culture? Educators are you looking for innovative ways to teach your =

students how to think critically and creatively? Then </FONT><FONT=20
face=3D"Matisse ITC" size=3D3>Olokumi African Arts Collective =
</FONT><FONT=20
face=3D"Century Gothic" size=3D3>is the organization for you.</P>
<P align=3Djustify></P></FONT><FONT face=3D"Matisse ITC" size=3D3>
<P align=3Djustify>Olokumi African Arts Collective </FONT><FONT=20
face=3D"Century Gothic" size=3D3>is made up of independent artists and =
groups who=20
are dedicated to preserving and promoting African cultural arts around =
the=20
world. Combined we have over 75 years experience in the arts. We have =
studied=20
collectively and individually abroad and in the United States, with =
master=20
dancers, singers, musicians and folklorists. Our professional artists =
have=20
themselves taught numerous workshops and performed extensively in the =
tri-state=20
area. We have combined our efforts to better serve the needs of the =
community by=20
offering you a one stop shop for African culture. </P>
<P align=3Djustify></P><B><FONT color=3D#ff0000 face=3D"Curlz MT" =
size=3D6>
<P align=3Dcenter>Meet the Artists</P></FONT><FONT face=3D"Century =
Gothic" size=3D2>
<P align=3Dcenter>Yetunde Obasola </B>- Master cultural artist with over =
30 years=20
experience who specializes in African folklore, songs and music. Yetunde =
is also=20
a choreographer and lyricist who has performed her original works at=20
universities, theatres, and clubs throughout the United =
States.</P></FONT><FONT=20
color=3D#808080 face=3DWingdings size=3D3>
<P align=3Dcenter>n</P></FONT><B><FONT face=3D"Century Gothic" size=3D2>
<P align=3Dcenter>Najaa Young </B>- With a BA in Theatre Arts from =
Chatham College=20
Najaa has directed and performed in numerous productions. She has taught =
drama,=20
creative writing, African dance, and hip hop workshops for people of all =
ages.=20
</P></FONT><FONT color=3D#808080 face=3DWingdings size=3D3>
<P align=3Dcenter>n</P></FONT><B><FONT face=3D"Century Gothic" size=3D2>
<P align=3Dcenter>Olokumi </B>- Not your typical African dance company =
Olokumi not=20
only dances but acts and sings. They perform traditional dances and =
songs from=20
West Africa, as well as from the Caribbean, South America and the United =
States.=20
</P></FONT><FONT color=3D#808080 face=3DWingdings size=3D3>
<P align=3Dcenter>n</P></FONT><B><FONT face=3D"Century Gothic" size=3D2>
<P align=3Dcenter>Babalawo Ifasina Adelana </B>- Ifasina is a young man =
who=20
traveled to Nigeria, West Africa to be initiated into the Yoruba =
priesthood of=20
Ifa. He is a youth activist who helped to coordinate the Million Youth =
March in=20
Harlem, New York. He is also a hip-hop artist and former associate vice=20
president of Black Wax Records. </P><B><FONT color=3D#7f7f00=20
face=3D"Century Gothic">
<P align=3Dcenter>Custom Designed Programming to Fit Your Needs</P>
<P align=3Dcenter></B></FONT><FONT face=3D"Century Gothic" =
size=3D3> </P>
<P align=3Djustify>We will design a program to fit your needs, whether =
it is a=20
performance for school-aged audiences or a residency with one of our =
artists.=20
Resource material is provided at no additional cost at your request.=20
</FONT><FONT face=3D"Matisse ITC" size=3D3>Olokumi African Arts =
Collective=20
</FONT><FONT face=3D"Century Gothic" size=3D3>provides the following =
services:=20
African storytelling, dance workshops, drama workshops, creative writing =

workshops, plays for children and adults, lectures, and musical =
performances. So=20
whether you need dancers to perform at your wedding or a lecture on =
African=20
religious practices in the New World we are the organization for=20
you!</P></FONT><B><FONT color=3D#808000 face=3D"Century Gothic">
<P align=3Dcenter>Creating Priceless Memories Inexpensively =
</P></B></FONT><FONT=20
face=3D"Century Gothic" size=3D3>
<P>Our fees are based on our years experience in our respective art =
forms and=20
the current industry standards. Therefore, there are set prices for =
certain=20
services that we offer that are listed on the back. But, if you have any =

questions feel free to contact us. </P><B><FONT color=3D#808000=20
face=3D"Century Gothic">
<P align=3Dcenter>Prices</P></B></FONT><FONT face=3D"Century Gothic" =
size=3D2>
<P align=3Djustify>African Storytelling     =
   =20
            $75 for 45 =
min.</P>
<P=20
align=3Djustify>Lecture/Demonstration      =
       $75=20
for 1 hr. </P>
<P align=3Djustify>Workshops       =20
            =
   =20
        $75 for 1hr.</P>
<P=20
align=3Djustify>Performances       &nb=
sp;           &nbs=
p;       =20
$300 for 30 min.</P>
<P align=3Djustify>Residencies are available starting at $500 a week =
with a=20
maximum of 3 hours of instruction per day. </P>
<P align=3Djustify>Programs outside of Northeast Ohio may be subject to =
additional=20
charges. </P>
<P align=3Djustify>We also offer a variety of services that most arts =
collectives=20
do not such as professional development workshops for educators and =
youth=20
crisis/gang intervention. Prices for these services are at the =
discretion of the=20
instructors. </P>
<P align=3Djustify>If you do not see you particular need listed above do =
not=20
worry, we will customize or design a program to fit your needs. The =
price is=20
negotiable. </P></FONT><B><FONT color=3D#808000 face=3D"Century Gothic">
<P align=3Dcenter>Contact Us</P></B></FONT>
<DIR><FONT face=3D"Century Gothic" size=3D3>
<P align=3Dcenter><STRONG>E-mail Address </STRONG></P>
<P align=3Dcenter></P>
<P align=3Dcenter><A=20
href=3D"mailto:Naj at Prodigy.net"><STRONG>Naj at Prodigy.net</STRONG></A></P>
<P align=3Dcenter> </P>
<P> </P></DIR></FONT><FONT size=3D2>
<P align=3Dcenter> </P>
<P align=3Dcenter> </P>
<P></FONT><B><FONT face=3D"Century Gothic" size=3D7> </P>
<P =
align=3Dcenter></FONT></B></FONT></FONT></FONT></FONT> </P></DIV>
<DIV><FONT =
here for Free Video!!<BR><A=20
href=3D"http://www.gohip.com/free_video/">http://www.gohip.com/free_video=
/</A><BR></FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>