[NEohioPAL]Cleveland Opera Auditions

Marin Venturi venturi at clevelandopera.org
Fri Mar 8 15:11:03 PST 2002

AUDITIONS

Cleveland Opera will be holding auditions for paid Chorus and Supporting
Roles for its 2002-2003 season.

AUDITION DATES.
Saturday, April 13, 2002 6:00p--10:00p AND
Sunday, April 14, 2002 6:00p-10:00p

LOCATION. The auditions will be conducted at the State Theatre East
Rehearsal Room.  Please use the STAGE DOOR located at 1650 Chester,
Cleveland, Ohio 44115.

AUDITIONS ARE BY APPOINTMENT ONLY.  If you are interested in auditioning
and would like to schedule an appointment, please call the Cleveland
Opera Production department at (216) 575-0903 x306 or email Susie
McGarry at mcgarry at clevelandopera.org.  Please specify if you will be
auditioning for chorus, small roles, or both.

CHORUS AUDITIONS.  Prepare two selections of two minutes each.  One
selection must be in English, the other selection may be in Italian or
German.  An accompanist will be provided.

SUPPORTING ROLE AUDITIONS.  In addition to Chorus, we will be
auditioning for the following supporting roles.  We require presentation
of the role.   Specifics are listed at the end of this email.

Tosca:  Jailer (Bass); Shepherd Boy  (Adult Sopranos or Mezzos only)

Julius Caesar:  Nireno (Baritone/Bass)

Don Pasquale:  Notary (Tenor, Baritone, or Bass)

The Magic Flute:  Papagena (Soprano); Priest/1st Man (Tenor);1st, 2nd, &
3rd Spirits (Petite Sopranos and Mezzos)

CLEVELAND OPERA'S 2002-2003 SEASON.

Tosca
Performance Dates:   Oct. 18-20, 2002
Student Preview:   Oct. 16, 2002
Chorus Rehearsals Begin:  Sep. 28, 2002

Julius Caesar
Performance Dates:   Dec. 6-8, 2002
Chorus Rehearsals Begin:  Nov. 19, 2002

Don Pasquale
Performance Dates:   Feb. 21-23, 2003
Chorus Rehearsals Begin:  Feb. 4, 2003

The Magic Flute
Performance Dates:   Apr. 11-13, 2003
Student Preview:   Apr. 9, 2003
Chorus Rehearsals Begin:  Mar. 18, 2002

MATERIALS TO PREPARE FOR SUPPORTING ROLES.

Show
Role (Voice Type)
Piano Vocal Score & Page Numbers

Tosca:
Jailer (Bass)
Schirmer 261-262

Tosca:
Shepherd Boy (Soprano or Mezzo)
Schirmer 254-256

Julius Caesar:
Nireno (Baritone or Bass)
Bärenreiter 37-39

Don Pasquale:
Notary (Tenor, Baritone, or Bass)
Ricordi 103-105

The Magic Flute:
Papagena (Soprano)
Schirmer Dialogue p.123 & Music 156-158

The Magic Flute:
2nd Priest/1st Man  (Tenor)
Schirmer Dialogue p.85 & Music 134-135

The Magic Flute:
1st, 2nd, & 3rd Spirits (Petite Sopranos or Petite Mezzos)
Schirmer 124-126 (2nd system)

· All Music should be memorized
· Dialogue must be spoken in German / Dialogue may be read from the
score

Thank you for considering Cleveland Opera. Please share this information
with anyone you think may be interested in singing with us.  We look
forward to hearing from you.

--
Marin Venturi
Production Coordinator