[NEohioPAL]Cleveland Play House Summer Classes

Bill Hoffman bhoffman at clevelandplayhouse.com
Thu Apr 25 14:11:08 PDT 2002

CLEVELAND PLAY HOUSE
Six week summer classes for Adults

Monday Nights    June 11 - July 16

Commercial Acting       Mondays 6:30-8:30pm     Fee: $100
Instructor: Greg Violand
Make commercial copy come alive before the camera and learn how to present
yourself confidently. This class also covers the business of marketing
oneself, auditioning, and call-back etiquette. Limited enrollment.

Intermediate Acting II  Mondays 6:30-8:30pm     Fee: $100
Instructor: Mark Gates
This class includes scene work involving text, character analysis, and
learning to work with a director.  Limited enrollment.

Scriptwriting   Mondays 6:30-8:30pm     Fee: $100
Instructor: Bob Noll
The first half of this class explores the form and content of dramatic
scripts for the stage, film and television as you are guided in your
writing.  Learn and discuss basic scriptwriting theory.  The second half of
the class continues as a workshop where students share their writing of
works-in-progress and explore the wonderful world of rewrites

Tuesday Nights  June 12 - July 17

Auditioning                             Tuesday 6:30-8:30pm     Fee: $100
Instructor: Bill Hoffman
The process of auditioning can be terrifying!  This class will train the
actor to meet the challenge of auditioning and prepare him/her for what's
expected both in professional and community theatres.  The students should
bring two contrasting monologues to the first class.

Introduction to Acting II               Tuesday 6:30-8:30pm     Fee: $100
Instructor: Kat McIntosh
Learn basic acting skills through vocal and physical training, imagination
exercises and theatre games. This course will give you a fun and
entertaining look behind the scenes at the world of the actor.

Tuesday Nights  June 11 - July 16

Acting on Film          Tuesday 6:30-8:30pm     Fee: $100
Instructor: David Manocchio
The film actor requires a different technique and mentality than the stage
actor.  This course focuses on developing the student's ability to act for
that most truthful and discerning of all audiences - the camera.  Limited
enrollment.

General Information

Adult Classes run June 10 - July 16 on Mondays and Tuesdays from 6:30-8:30pm.

Class Location
The Cleveland Play House, 8500 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, Ohio 44106.

Questions? Call (216) 795-7000, ext. 252.

Fees
All Adult summer classes cost $100.00.  Course and registration fees must
be paid in full at registration. The fee includes a non-refundable
registration fee of $25. Do not apply an additional $25 to the printed
fee.   Payment plans are available.

Registration
Register via mail by sending in the Registration Form with check, money
order or credit card information.  Register via phone by calling (216)
795-7000, ext. 252.  Please have your credit card number available.  A
minimum deposit of $25.00 is due at registration.  Late registration is
available subject to the approval of the instructor or workshop director.

Refund Policy
No refunds will be given after the first week of the term.  No credit will
be given for missed classes.

Cancellation of Classes
We reserve the right to cancel any class for which there is insufficient
registration.

Camp Cleveland Play House
The Performance Camp for Children & Teens
The exciting world of theatre comes alive in this six-week performance
camp.  From auditioning to final performance, students learn how to put on
a show.  We also offer, for our younger students, two three-week sessions
of Creative Drama. We look forward to seeing you this summer.

Creative Drama Camp
Ages 5-7                        Fee: $150 per three-week session
Monday  Thursday                Time: 10AM  1PM
Two-Three Week Sessions Session One: June 17  July 4 (No class on July 4)
Session Two: July 8  July 25

The theatre is a collaborative art form.  Exercises and theatre games used
in CREATIVE DRAMA encourage children to use their own imagination and to
work with each other.  This class will emphasize the discipline of
performance, culminating in a show preformed in our Studio One
Theatre.  These classes are stimulating, challenging, and fun!  Limited
enrollment.

Morning Camp    Ages 8-12
June 17 - July 25 (No Class on July 4)  Fee: $300
Six Weeks       Monday  Thursday                Time: 10AM  1PM
Performance Workshop    Or      Musical Performance Workshop

Students spend five weeks rehearsing and a week performing a show in our
Studio One Theatre.  Past productions have included: Charlie and the
Chocolate Factory, The Emperor's New Clothes, Macbeth, Story Theatre and
musicals ranging from reviews to original works.  Casting will take place
during the first week of camp. Students should sign up for either the
Performance Workshop or the Musical Performance Workshop.

Afternoon Camp  Teens (Ages 13  17)
June 17 - July 25  (No Class on July 4) Fee: $300
Six Weeks       Monday  Thursday                Time: 1PM  4PM

Students will spend five weeks rehearsing and performing a show in our
Studio One Theatre.  Productions include singing, acting, and
movement.  Past productions have included: Volpone, Fractured Fairy Tales,
Dogg's Macbeth and The Ten Minute Hamlet A Twelfth Night's Dream, Seuss is
Loose!, and original works written by the students.  Casting will take
place during the first week of camp. Limited Enrollment.

General Information

Class Location
The Cleveland Play House, 8500 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, Ohio 44106

Office Hours
Monday-Friday, 10:00AM - 5:00PM Telephone: (216) 795-7000, ext. 252

Staff
Our teaching staff is comprised of Professional Actors and Directors,
because of this The Cleveland Play House reserves the right to substitute
teachers as necessary.  For a current list of instructors and any
additional information, please call (216) 795-7000, ext. 252.

Fees
Course and registration fees must be paid in full July 18. The fee includes
a nonrefundable registration fee of $50.  Do not apply an additional $50 to
the printed fee. Payment plans are available.

Registration
Register by mail by sending in the Registration Form with check, money
order or credit card information. Register by phone by calling (216)
795-7000, ext. 252. Please have your credit card number available. A
minimum deposit of $50 per student is due at registration.  Late
registration is available subject to the approval of the instructor or
workshop director.

Refund Policy
No refunds will be given after the first week of the term.  No credit will
be given for missed classes.

Cancellation of Classes
We reserve the right to cancel any class for which there is insufficient
registration.

William F. Hoffman
Director of Education
The Cleveland Play House