[NEohioPAL]Linda Eisenstein's April-May plugmobile

Linda Eisenstein herone at en.com
Sat Apr 27 07:25:12 PDT 2002

--=====================_38677232==_.ALT

Hi cyberpals:

During the next few weeks, my plate is spilling over:

- Stockyard Theatre Projects' production of RUNNING FROM THE RED GIRL is
getting another look in Chicago, this time as a featured one-act in
Bailiwick Repertory Theatre's 1st Lesbian Arts Festival. The show runs for
2 more performances: April 27 & 28, at the Bailiwick Arts Center, 1229 W
Belmont Ave., Chicago, IL. Reservations: 773-883-1090. More info at:
http://www.bailiwick.org

         In this seriocomic dance/theatre piece, a woman discovers that her
ever-present anger may have a deeper root: her shamanic therapist reveals
that Jackie has been inadvertently attracting an ancient vampire goddess.

- Here in town at Cleveland Public Theatre, my newest musical DISCORDIA
(co-written with James A. Levin) opens next weekend for a two-week open
workshop. CPT has continued to provide us with marvelous development
opportunities, including an unusually generous extended rehearsal-workshop
period since April 1, during which we've continued to rewrite. The show
runs May 3-5 and May 10-12, Fri/Sat. at 8 pm, Sun at 3 pm, with audience
discussions after most shows. Cleveland Public Theatre, 6415 Detroit Ave.,
Cleveland, OH. Reservations: 216-631-2727. More info/graphic at:
http://www.cptonline.org/seasoncalendar/event.cfm?eventid=51&eventdateid=175

         This satiric musical retelling of the innocent Percival's quest
for the Holy Grail takes place in an Arthurian kingdom in disarray that may
seem oddly familiar: with Knights of the Benevolent Nation enforcing
homeland security, greedy barons, and Grails For Sale at the Castle Mall.
Guided by a seen-it-all-before prophetess named Cassandra, the audience is
led on a mythic musical journey that eventually brings us right back home
again.

         We've got a terrific cast -- Dan Folino as Percival, Ali Hernan as
Cassandra, and as our "cast of thousands" ensemble: Denise Astorino, Sean
Booker, Rebecca Borgers, Jeff Glover, Tim Hnat, Holly Holsinger, Nick
Koesters, & Clyde Simon.  Please come and see the work they're doing.

- In Kansas City, the Actor Training Studio is presenting 2 of my pieces in
an evening of monologues: ACME TEMPORARY SERVICES -- a comic orientation
session with the world's most cynical personnel recruiter -- and an excerpt
from THE CASSANDRA COMPLEX -- yes, I have yet another work dealing with
this accurate but ignored proto-feminist seer. The show runs May 2, 3, 4 at
the Quality Hill Playhouse in Kansas City, MO.

- The Actor's Alliance of San Diego is presenting A COCK. A DREAM. A TRUE
STORY., a comic monologue recounting a ribald anxiety dream about a male
partner, during its annual actors showcase -- at St. Cecilia's Playhouse,
May 6-19 (specific dates TBA), San Diego, CA.

If you're able to attend any of these, do let me know. I'll be here at
DISCORDIA during every performance -- look me up if you're able to make it.

Cheers,
Linda
---
Linda Eisenstein plays at lindaeisenstein.com www.lindaeisenstein.com

Running from the Red Girl, Lesbian Arts Festival, Bailiwick Repertory
Theatre, Chicago, IL, April 25, 27, 28, http://www.bailiwick.org
Acme Temporary Services and The Cassandra Complex, Actor Training Studio,
Quality Hill Playhouse, Kansas City, MO, May 2, 3, 4
Discordia, Cleveland Public Theatre, Cleveland, OH, May 3-12, www.cptonline.org
A Cock. A Dream. A True Story., The Fritz, San Diego, CA, May 6-19
The Last Red Wagon Tent Show in the Land, Teaneck New Theatre, NJ, fall '02

--=====================_38677232==_.ALT

Hi cyberpals:<br><br>
During the next few weeks, my plate is spilling over:<br><br>
- Stockyard Theatre Projects' production of <b>RUNNING FROM THE RED
featured one-act in <b>Bailiwick Repertory Theatre</b>'s 1st Lesbian Arts
Festival. The show runs for 2 more performances:
Center, 1229 W Belmont Ave., Chicago, IL. Reservations: 773-883-1090.
More info at:
</u></font><x-tab>        </x-tab>In
this seriocomic dance/theatre piece, a woman discovers that her
ever-present anger may have a deeper root: her shamanic therapist reveals
that Jackie has been inadvertently attracting an ancient vampire goddess.
- Here in town at <b>Cleveland Public Theatre</b>, my newest musical
<b>DISCORDIA</b> (co-written with James A. Levin) opens next weekend for
a two-week open workshop. CPT has continued to provide us with marvelous
development opportunities, including an unusually generous extended
rehearsal-workshop period since April 1, during which we've continued to
rewrite. The show runs <font color="#0000FF">May 3-5</font> and
with audience discussions after most shows. Cleveland Public Theatre,
6415 Detroit Ave., Cleveland, OH. Reservations: 216-631-2727. More
info/graphic at:
<x-tab>        </x-tab>This satiric musical retelling of the innocent Percival's quest for the Holy Grail takes place in an Arthurian kingdom in disarray that may seem oddly familiar: with Knights of the Benevolent Nation enforcing homeland security, greedy barons, and Grails For Sale at the Castle Mall. Guided by a seen-it-all-before prophetess named Cassandra, the audience is led on a mythic musical journey that eventually brings us right back home again. <br><br>
<x-tab>        </x-tab>We've got a terrific cast -- Dan Folino as Percival, Ali Hernan as Cassandra, and as our "cast of thousands" ensemble: Denise Astorino, Sean Booker, Rebecca Borgers, Jeff Glover, Tim Hnat, Holly Holsinger, Nick Koesters, & Clyde Simon.  Please come and see the work they're doing. <br><br>
If you're able to attend any of these, do let me know. I'll be here at DISCORDIA during every performance -- look me up if you're able to make it. <br><br>
Cheers,<br>
Linda<br>
---<br>
</a></font><x-sigsep><p></x-sigsep>