[NEohioPAL]OH related LEADS from Mitch Berlingeri (BERLIN-jerry)

Not spam..it's M-A-B! NOW-U-KNOW at rocketmail.com
Tue May 28 10:50:01 PDT 2002

--0-161477481-1022600243=:34820

I'm writing because I'm producing a short film and music video TV show in
Columbus to air on WHOO 53 here. I'm looking for good music videos. Know of
any Cinci bands with good ones?

Thanks. Hope all is well.

- Noreen

Noreen Compton
COMPTON CREATIVE
Producer/Publicist/Writer
614-268-6760

____________________________

Women in the Director's Chair, AICP, and IFP/Chicago present

"Female Commercial Directors"

Abby Dix and Barbara Freeman will discuss their experience in commercial
filmmaking, the challenges of telling a story in a minute or less, and how
it has influenced other areas of their filmmaking experience.

Moderated by CBS/WBBM's Jenniffer Weigel, this evening is sure to be an
informative exploration into an area of filmmaking that can be as much art
as commerce.

Speaker Bios

Abby Dix is a popular spot director for such diverse categories as Kids, Real People, and Celebrity Dialogue.  Her work has spanned from similarly diverse clients as Pillsbury, the NCAA, and Wal-Wart.  She has worked with numerous celebrities on camera including:  Joan Rivers, Muhammed Ali, Oprah Winfrey, and many others.
In addition to her commercial work, she has shot documentaries that have taken her to locations as remote as Inner Mongolia for Land's End. Abby was a recipient of the 1997 Women in Film Lifetime Achievement Award for being one of the first female commercial directors in the business.

Barbara Freeman
Barbara is the owner of Freeman Pictures, Inc., an eleven year-old local film and video production company.  Freeman produces television commercials, corporate videos, and documentaries, and educational videos. Clients have included Abbott Labs, Amoco, McDonalds, Baxter, and many others.  Barbara has won over 30 first place awards from national and international film festivals and has been honored by GLAMOUR magazine as one of the country's "Ten Outstanding Working Women."

Wednesday, June 5, 7 pm
$3 for WIDC/IFP Members
$5 for non-members

Women in the Director's Chair
Preston Bradley Center
941 W. Lawrence, 5th Floor

WIDC is one block east of Sheridan and 1.5 blocks west of Lake Shore Drive. There is a small parking lot just east of the building. WIDC is 3 blocks east of the
Lawrence stop on the CTA Red Line.

___________________________

June IFP/Chicago Membership Meeting

Wednesday, June 19
6 pm - 8 pm

Old State of Illinois Building
160 N. LaSalle
5th Floor

The 1st Assistant Director:  Running a Tight Set

Join us as we discuss the role of the 1st AD on a set and how they are responsible for the smooth operation of the set.  Chicago 1st ADs Cliff Grant ('Til the End of Time) and Bruce Terris (Stolen Summer) may join us for the discussion and share their expertise.

Designed to be informal, these meetings will allow members to meet one another and discuss issues among themselves that they find important. The agenda of each meeting is up to the members themselves! To suggest a topic for discussion or a potential speaker, please call the IFP/Chicago office at 312-435-1825 OR E-MAIL US AT INFOIFPMW at AOL.COM.

Non-IFP Members are welcome to attend on a trial one-time basis.   Free event.

_____________________

Volunteers Need to assist in some TASK FORCES that are organizing the
CFC and our operations.

We need people to help with :
PROMOTION (contact Noreen Compton ncompton at columbus.rr.com)
EDUCATION (contact Ross ross at thecfc.org)
FUNDRAISING (Dick Ellis cfcmarketing at aol.com)
NON PROFIT FILING (Brandy LeClaire brandy at thecfc.org)
MEMBERSHIP/BENFITS (Brandy LeClaire brandy at thecfc.org)
HANDBOOK (Doug Huff Continentrebirth at aol.com)

________________________

The 2003 International Screenplay Competition, sponsored by the American Screenwriters Association and Writer's Digest, is now open! Your chance to win $10,000 in prizes including a free trip to L.A., promotion to producers and agents, and much more is just a script entry away!! For complete details visit the ASA web site at www.goasa.com. Deadline is October 15, 2002 (late entry deadline October 31, 2002).

_____________

FOR CLEVELAND FILMS:

GET SHORTY Film Showcase & Tour 2002 Sponsered by Stoli Vodka... "5 Minutes, 5 Cities, 5 Flavors!" Featuring the best short films on Earth...under 5 Minutes. Period. A platform solely dedicated to the art of the shortest Short Films. Get Shorty will provide a MONTHLY forum to showcase the most creative short films from around the world! We truly believe that there are filmmakers in this world who can be brilliant in FIVE minutes or less. We offer Filmmakers great venues, relaxed social settings & an outlet to screen their work for thier peers and industry executives. No judges, no exorbitant entry fees & no B.S. Only the toughest audience & “industry” invited guests an open bar can buy.(wink) Oh and we almost forgot to mention...some kick-ass prizes. Get Shorty Films will launch the first annual Get Shorty Film Showcase & Tour on June 18th 2002 @ 8pm in New York City @ Sugar, 311 Church Street (Bet. Walker & Lispenard Sts.) in TriBeCa. The showcase will continue on tour monthly to L.A, Chicago, Austin and Miami. The national finals will be presented in November in New York City. Please get your submissions in soon. Late deadline will be June 10th for first round. All late submissions will still be eligible for screenings in other cities. Please email getshortyfilms at yahoo.com for more information. An official entry form can be found at http://rsvpnycity.com/GetShortyForm.html

GET SHORTY Film Showcase & Tour 2002 Made Possible by Stoli Vodka... "5 Minutes, 5 Cities, 5 Flavors!" Entry: http://rsvpnycity.com/GetShortyForm.html

SO FOCUSED and STILL makin' things happen!

http://TheAnswer.mustbehere.com

A fansite with over 5,556+ friends, pics, FREE MP3's, video and MORE!

©1991 The MAB/EG--------The MAB/EG  ©2002

--0-161477481-1022600243=:34820

<P><FONT face="Courier New">I'm writing because I'm producing a short film and music video TV show in<BR>Columbus to air on WHOO 53 here. I'm looking for good music videos. Know of<BR>any Cinci bands with good ones?<BR><BR>Thanks. Hope all is well.<BR><BR>- Noreen<BR><BR>Noreen Compton<BR>COMPTON CREATIVE<BR>Producer/Publicist/Writer<BR>614-268-6760</FONT></P>
<P><FONT face="Courier New">____________________________</FONT></P>
<P>Women in the Director's Chair, AICP, and IFP/Chicago present<BR><BR>"Female Commercial Directors"<BR><BR>Abby Dix and Barbara Freeman will discuss their experience in commercial<BR>filmmaking, the challenges of telling a story in a minute or less, and how<BR>it has influenced other areas of their filmmaking experience.<BR><BR>Moderated by CBS/WBBM's Jenniffer Weigel, this evening is sure to be an<BR>informative exploration into an area of filmmaking that can be as much art<BR>as commerce.<BR><BR>Speaker Bios<BR><BR>Abby Dix is a popular spot director for such diverse categories as Kids, Real People, and Celebrity Dialogue.  Her work has spanned from similarly diverse clients as Pillsbury, the NCAA, and Wal-Wart.  She has worked with numerous celebrities on camera including:  Joan Rivers, Muhammed Ali, Oprah Winfrey, and many others.<BR>In addition to her commercial work, she has shot documentaries that have taken her to locations as remote as Inner Mongolia for Land's End. Abby was a recipient of the 1997 Women in Film Lifetime Achievement Award for being one of the first female commercial directors in the business.<BR><BR>Barbara Freeman<BR>Barbara is the owner of Freeman Pictures, Inc., an eleven year-old local film and video production company.  Freeman produces television commercials, corporate videos, and documentaries, and educational videos. Clients have included Abbott Labs, Amoco, McDonalds, Baxter, and many others.  Barbara has won over 30 first place awards from national and international film festivals and has been honored by GLAMOUR magazine as one of the country's "Ten Outstanding Working Women."  <BR><BR>Wednesday, June 5, 7 pm<BR>$3 for WIDC/IFP Members<BR>$5 for non-members<BR><BR>Women in the Director's Chair<BR>Preston Bradley Center<BR>941 W. Lawrence, 5th Floor<BR><BR>WIDC is one block east of Sheridan and 1.5 blocks west of Lake Shore Drive. There is a small parking lot just east of the building. WIDC is 3 blocks east of the<BR>Lawrence stop on the CTA Red Line.</P>
<P>___________________________</P>
<P>June IFP/Chicago Membership Meeting<BR><BR>Wednesday, June 19<BR>6 pm - 8 pm<BR><BR>Old State of Illinois Building<BR>160 N. LaSalle<BR>5th Floor<BR><BR>The 1st Assistant Director:  Running a Tight Set<BR><BR>Join us as we discuss the role of the 1st AD on a set and how they are responsible for the smooth operation of the set.  Chicago 1st ADs Cliff Grant (<I>'Til the End of Time</I>) and Bruce Terris (<I>Stolen Summer</I>) may join us for the discussion and share their expertise. <BR><BR>Designed to be informal, these meetings will allow members to meet one another and discuss issues among themselves that they find important. The agenda of each meeting is up to the members themselves! To suggest a topic for discussion or a potential speaker, please call the IFP/Chicago office at 312-435-1825 OR E-MAIL US AT INFOIFPMW at AOL.COM.<BR><BR>Non-IFP Members are welcome to attend on a trial one-time basis.   Free event.</P>
<P><FONT face="Courier New">Volunteers Need to assist in some TASK FORCES that are organizing the <BR>CFC and our operations. <BR><BR>We need people to help with :<BR>PROMOTION (contact Noreen Compton ncompton at columbus.rr.com)<BR>EDUCATION (contact Ross ross at thecfc.org)<BR>FUNDRAISING (Dick Ellis cfcmarketing at aol.com)<BR>NON PROFIT FILING (Brandy LeClaire brandy at thecfc.org)<BR>MEMBERSHIP/BENFITS (Brandy LeClaire brandy at thecfc.org)<BR>HANDBOOK (Doug Huff <A href="mailto:Continentrebirth at aol.com">Continentrebirth at aol.com</A>)</FONT></P>
<P><FONT face="Courier New">________________________</FONT></P>
<P>The 2003 International Screenplay Competition, sponsored by the American Screenwriters Association and Writer's Digest, is now open! Your chance to win $10,000 in prizes including a free trip to L.A., promotion to producers and agents, and much more is just a script entry away!! For complete details visit the ASA web site at www.goasa.com. Deadline is October 15, 2002 (late entry deadline October 31, 2002). </P>
<P>FOR CLEVELAND FILMS:</P>
<P>GET SHORTY Film Showcase & Tour 2002 Sponsered by Stoli Vodka... "5 Minutes, 5 Cities, 5 Flavors!" Featuring the best short films on Earth...under 5 Minutes. Period. A platform solely dedicated to the art of the shortest Short Films. Get Shorty will provide a MONTHLY forum to showcase the most creative short films from around the world! We truly believe that there are filmmakers in this world who can be brilliant in FIVE minutes or less. We offer Filmmakers great venues, relaxed social settings & an outlet to screen their work for thier peers and industry executives. No judges, no exorbitant entry fees & no B.S. Only the toughest audience & “industry” invited guests an open bar can buy.(wink) Oh and we almost forgot to mention...some kick-ass prizes. Get Shorty Films will launch the first annual Get Shorty Film Showcase & Tour on June 18th 2002 @ 8pm in New York City @ Sugar, 311 Church Street (Bet. Walker & Lispenard Sts.) in TriBeCa. The showcase will continue on tour monthly to L.A, Chicago, Austin and Miami. The national finals will be presented in November in New York City. Please get your submissions in soon. Late deadline will be June 10th for first round. All late submissions will still be eligible for screenings in other cities. Please email getshortyfilms at yahoo.com for more information. An official entry form can be found at http://rsvpnycity.com/GetShortyForm.html<BR><BR>GET SHORTY Film Showcase & Tour 2002 Made Possible by Stoli Vodka... "5 Minutes, 5 Cities, 5 Flavors!" Entry: http://rsvpnycity.com/GetShortyForm.html</P><BR><BR><P align=center><FONT face=Verdana><STRONG>SO FOCUSED </STRONG>and <STRONG><U>STILL</U> </STRONG>makin' things happen!</FONT></P>
<P align=center><FONT face=Verdana><A href="http://theanswer.mustbehere.com/"><STRONG>http://TheAnswer.mustbehere.com</STRONG></A></FONT></P>
<P align=center><FONT face=Verdana><FONT size=1><STRONG>A fansite with over 5,556+ friends, pics, FREE MP3's, video and <U>MORE</U>! </STRONG></FONT></P>
--0-161477481-1022600243=:34820--