[NEohioPAL]Book on Chris/Dick Howey

JSM7250 at aol.com JSM7250 at aol.com
Sun Jun 16 23:42:02 PDT 2002

--part1_c6.d1f239e.2a3eb685_boundary

For those who know Chris(tine) Howey (formerly known as Dick Howey, a
successful local writer and actor) you may be interested in attending a talk
and booksigning by her daughter, Noelle Howey.  Noelle's book, Dress Codes,
tells the story of her Dad's struggle with gender identity and eventual
transsexual operation from Dick to Christine in the early 1990s. She bills it
as a story of three girlhoods - mine, my mother's and my fathers.

I've read it, and it is a very open, sensitive, often funny and quite
fascinating story!  Even if you have never known Chris/Dick, you'd enjoy it.

The talk and signing will be at Joseph-Beth Booksellers at Shaker Square
Monday, June 24 at 7 p.m.

Thought you'd like to know.

Jean Sycle Martin

--part1_c6.d1f239e.2a3eb685_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=2>For those who know Chris(tine) Howey (formerly known as Dick Howey, a successful local writer and actor) you may be interested in attending a talk and booksigning by her daughter, Noelle Howey.  Noelle's book, <B><I>Dress Codes</B></I>, tells the story of her Dad's struggle with gender identity and eventual transsexual operation from Dick to Christine in the early 1990s. She bills it as a story of three girlhoods - mine, my mother's and my fathers.
<BR>
<BR>I've read it, and it is a very open, sensitive, often funny and quite fascinating story!  Even if you have never known Chris/Dick, you'd enjoy it.
<BR>
<BR>The talk and signing will be at Joseph-Beth Booksellers at Shaker Square Monday, June 24 at 7 p.m.
<BR>
<BR>Thought you'd like to know.
<BR>
<BR>Jean Sycle Martin