[NEohioPAL]The Will Rogers Follies Opens BST's 45th Season!

John Nolan JMNolan at bw.edu
Mon Jun 17 23:18:10 PDT 2002

	Berea Summer Theatre opens its 45th season on Wednesday, June 19 with =
The Will Rogers Follies: A Life in Revue.  Steve Higgenbotham reprises =
his role as the show's protagonist, legendary poet laureate Will Rogers. =
 Told in the style of a Ziegfeld Follies revue, the show follows the =
life of Will from small-town Oklahoma to the glitz of New York City in =
the 1920s and beyond.  The production contains a variety of songs, =
ranging from show-stopping dance numbers such as Will-A-Mania and Our =
Favorite Son to charming ballads such as Never Met a Man I Didn't Like.  =
The show is full of lush costumes, glamorous showgirls, and intricate =
rope tricks, yet still remains true to a simple human theme.  Says =
third-time director Lora Workman, "Though The Will Rogers Follies is not =
the "typical" musical of today, this show is an attempt to portray the =
life and career of this timeless entertainer and the Ziegfeld touch that =
was so dominant in the twenties and thirties; but more importantly, in =
this day and age when it seems more and more people are divided because =
of their differences, Will Rogers reminds us to take a look at people =
and accept them as they are, while staying true to yourself."  The Will =
Rogers Follies is a feel-good show for the entire family!

For more information about our shows and schedules, visit our website at =
www.bw.edu/resources/bst <http://www.bw.edu/resources/bst>.  For =
tickets, call our box office at (440)826-2240 or stop by in-person!=20
Hours: Wednesday-Saturday: 10 am-10 pm
	Sunday: 1 pm - 5 pm=20