[NEohioPAL]The 2002 Park Bench Tour - I'm Not Rappaport from Charenton

James Mango jamesmango2002 at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 21 22:41:24 PDT 2002

   2002 Park Bench Tour:
	I’m Not Rappaport

**Free Outdoor Theater**

Opens Friday June 28th

Charenton Theater Co. brings live professional theater
out into the public as no one else can.  This Summer
we take to the streets, parks, and boats with Herb
Gardner’s hilarious tale of aging and friendship – I’m
Not Rappaport.  The set is a park bench – all that we
ask is that you bring a lawn chair and an appreciation
for our great city and its amazing artistic and
natural resources.

I’m Not Rappaport:
Directed by- Gregory M. Vovos

Nat and Midge, two aging men of opposite races, find
that life is anything but a walk in the park in Herb
Gardner's comedy of character.  In an attempt to raise
the stature of their existences, Nat concocts a series
of tales that may lose Midge his job, Nat his family
and compromise both of their lives.  But it's hard to
argue with an eighty-year-old man who dons a homburg
as he fights for justice against a Cowboy drug dealer
on the dusty plains of Central Park.

Starring: Bernard Canepari as Nat,  and Van Jackson as
Midge - this production brings some of the finest
established and up-and-coming talent Cleveland has to
offer including:  Nan Wray, Andrew Narten, Meg
Santisi, Perrin Hedderson, and everyone’s favorite
cowboy – Kato Buss.

The production will visit seven unique outdoor
locations over six weeks:

June 28 - 29
The Fine Arts Garden at The Cleveland Museum of Art

July 5 - 6
Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard
	Friday - Rockefeller Park at E.105th St. Lagoon
   	Saturday - Sam Miller Park at The Cleveland
Greenhouse

July 12 - 13
Lincoln Park in conjunction with the Tremont Art Walk

July 19 - 20
Steamship William G. Mather

July 26 - 27
Archmere Park in Brooklyn

August 3 - 4
Edgewater Park

Performances will be Friday and Saturday evenings at
7:00.  Reservations are not necessary; however, we ask
that you bring a lawn chair or blanket for your
comfort.

For Directions Please Call: 216.781.9987
Or visit us on the web at www.charenton.org