[NEohioPAL]Best New Talent inquiries

Luvin Life luvinlifemi at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 26 16:19:18 PDT 2002

To everyone who inquired or is interested in the Best New Talent Award show
- I did a little research, and found their Better Business Bureau report.  I
had already decided to not participate - but this clinched my decision.
This is a public report - and you can actually go to the link:
http://www.bbbsouthland.org/howtoreport.html - choose "Click Here to search
for a company", then  Enter the name "Best New Talent" and you'll get a copy
of the report. I have copied and pasted the plain text version below:

P W Productions Inc.

who also does business under the name

Best New Talent of the Year

This Report was developed from various sources, including the business,
governmental agencies, and the experience of the company's customers.

For further information contact the Better Business Bureau of the Southland
315 N. La Cadena, Colton, CA, 92324
(909) 825-7280

P W Productions Inc.
27517 Santa Clarita Road
Saugus CA 91350

Business Started: 12/01/99
File Open Date: 08/06/01
Last Report Date: 06/03/02
Principal Contact: Lynn Vanturela

Phone: (800) 877-7701
Fax: (661) 263-6048
EMail: BestNewTalent at aol.com
Web Address: http://www.bestnewtalentawards.com

Bureau ID: 13157356

  Nature of Business
This company's business produces showcase talent events.

   Bureau File Experience

We rate this company as having an unsatisfactory business performance record
based a pattern of complaints alleging difficulty obtaining refunds and
failure to conform to the Cooling-Off Rule. Complainants allege they paid an
advance registration fee for their children to participate in a talent
showcase. All complainants opted to cancel their children's participation
before the showcase, and did not receive refunds. One complainant alleges
failure to post a resume and photo after collecting payment. The company
responds by advising customers their contract allows five days to cancel or
offered a chance to compete in an upcoming event. The company contends the
customers failed to cancel within the five day period or provide proof. Some
complaints remain unresolved, meaning the customers are not satisfied with
the company's responses. One complainant was offered a refund. One complaint
is unanswered. Consumers should be aware that State and Federal consumer
protection laws provide three day rescission rights on all home solicitation
contracts offered outside the place of normal business for products and
services totalling $25 or more. This means you have three business days to
change your mind and request a refund. The company should provide a written
notice of cancellation at the time of the sale which explains cancellation
procedures. If a written cancellation form and/or notice is not provided,
the three-day cancellation period begins after the form is received. The
Better Business Bureau does not endorse, recommend or disapprove of any
company, product or service.

   Additional Phone Numbers

(661)  803 - 7728

   Additional Trade names