[NEohioPAL]Auditon Notice for "Our Country's Good" at Tree City Players

JHerman312 at aol.com JHerman312 at aol.com
Sun Jun 30 18:28:06 PDT 2002

--part1_84.2a95ce54.2a50e141_boundary

For immediate release:

TREE CITY PLAYERS
announces that they will be holding auditions for

OUR COUNTRY'S GOOD
a play by
Timberlake Wertenbaker

Directed by
Alex J. Nine

Auditions for Our Country's Good will be Sun July 14 and Mon July 15 at 7:00.
 At the Kent Stage.  175 E. Main Street in Kent, Ohio.

We are looking for 6-8 men and 4-6 women, of all ages.  Please come prepared
to read from script.

Synopsis of the Play:

It is the true story of the first theatrical performance in Australia.  In
June 1789 in the penal colony that was later to become the city of Sydney, a
marine lieutenant decides to put on a play to celebrate the King's birthday.
He cast the play with the English convicts who populate this distant
Australian prison camp.  Few of them can read, let alone act, and the play is
being produced against the background of food shortages and barbaric
punishments.  Brilliantly juxtaposed against the civilizing influence of
theatrical endeavor.  Not only a thought provoking production but one with
humor and heart.

--part1_84.2a95ce54.2a50e141_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=2 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0"><B>For immediate release:</B><BR>
<BR>
</FONT><FONT  COLOR="#ff0000" style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=4 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0"><B>TREE CITY PLAYERS</FONT><FONT  COLOR="#000000" style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=2 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0"></B><BR>
announces that they will be holding auditions for <BR>
<BR>
</FONT><FONT  COLOR="#000000" style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=3 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0"><B>OUR COUNTRY'S GOOD</FONT><FONT  COLOR="#000000" style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=2 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0"></B><BR>
a play by<BR>
Timberlake Wertenbaker<BR>
<BR>
Directed by <BR>
<B>Alex J. Nine</B><BR>
<BR>
Auditions for <B><I>Our Country's Good</B></I> will be Sun July 14 and Mon July 15 at 7:00.  At the Kent Stage.  175 E. Main Street in Kent, Ohio.  <BR>
<BR>
We are looking for 6-8 men and 4-6 women, of all ages.  Please come prepared to read from script.<BR>
<BR>
Synopsis of the Play:<BR>
<BR>
It is the true story of the first theatrical performance in Australia.  In June 1789 in the penal colony that was later to become the city of Sydney, a marine lieutenant decides to put on a play to celebrate the King's birthday.  He cast the play with the English convicts who populate this distant Australian prison camp.  Few of them can read, let alone act, and the play is being produced against the background of food shortages and barbaric punishments.  Brilliantly juxtaposed against the civilizing influence of theatrical endeavor.  Not only a thought provoking production but one with humor and heart.<BR>
<BR>
</FONT></HTML>
--part1_84.2a95ce54.2a50e141_boundary--