[NEohioPAL]Our Sentimental Journey @ NCP

Cheryl M Petrovic cpetrovic at juno.com
Sun Jul 28 17:42:32 PDT 2002

Just want to express many gratitudes and appreciation to those who
supported "Our Sentimental Journey", a nostalgic 1940's musical revue and
memorial, either through involvement as a cast member, promotional
efforts or patronage.

To update, it closed Sat, July 27, and was considered to be a huge
success at the North Canton Playhouse.  Though it started out in the
intimate setting of McManaway Studio, with 42 seats, houses soon filled
and were oversold, walk-in patrons often leaving disappointed that they
couldn't get a ticket.  Because demand became so overwhelming and houses
were sold to capacity, the decision was made to move the final 3
performances to the Main Stage area, which could accommodate about
100-120 patrons.

My devoted and dedicated cast came several hours early the first time, to
adjust to the new environs before performance.  We'd performed sans
microphones in the intimate setting and had to now try to do the same in
the bigger venue with extremely different acoustics and little time,
since that stage was also being used for rehearsing another show to open
shortly.  The cast terribly missed the connection they felt they'd made
with  audiences in the intimate setting, part of the magic that made the
show work so well.  However, they were  committed to still putting on the
best show possible in the wake of all the changes, God bless them.

In spite of some of the technical glitches, which became a learning curve
and were remedied by the final performance, our full-house audiences
still seemed forgiving enough to enjoy the first 2 shows there and
express gratitude at post-show receptions for our moving it so they could
attend.  Our final performance was rewarded with a standing ovation that
started before and kept going through our curtain call song, which again,
we'd become used to in the smaller venue.

The show, on a fairly conservative budget, brought in box receipts
several times over that.  Mega thanks to all who helped make my concept
and venture a grander success than I could ever have imagined.  After 2
years of toil and admittedly hard work, I got to see it come to life,
something I'd always dreamed of achieving before I journeyed on to that
big concert theater in the sky.  Now, back to my real life, and perhaps a
little relaxation to enjoy other shows in the area as a patron.  Thanks
again, everyone !

Cheryl M Petrovic
Creator, Director & Co Musical Director of "Our Sentimental Journey"

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.