[NEohioPAL]Seeking actors to put on creative show for corporate employees

Christina.T.Winans at sherwin.com Christina.T.Winans at sherwin.com
Thu Aug 1 16:07:25 PDT 2002

--=_alternative 006F871485256C08_=

To all actors interested in putting on a daytime show to spark creative
thinking in Sherwin-Williams Headquarters employees:

Sherwin-Williams is in the planning phase of a new program called "Food
for Thought". "Food for Thought" is a voluntary program open to all
Sherwin-Williams corporate employees, designed to promote creativity in
our employee body. By choosing to spend an hour or two engaged in a
creative project, show or outing wholly separate from their jobs, we hope
employees will be able to return to their jobs refreshed, bringing with
them a new perspective and creative mindset. Sample events include a
pumpkin carving contest, performances by live musicians, making get-well
cards for hospitalized children and assembling or decorating holiday
gifts.

For our November event, we are hoping to bring in a group of actors
(preferrably 3-5, although we are certainly open to other ideas at this
stage in our planning). These actors would put on a 1 hr show (perhaps
somewhat interactive with the audience) that would in some way spark
creativity in the viewers. This show would probably not be designed from
scratch just for the one viewing at Sherwin-Williams. Some of you probably
already have some of this type of material in your repertoire. Here are
some of our ideas so far:
1) A couple scenes of Shakespeare, intercut with explanations on how to
interpret and act Shakespeare
2) A couple scenes using only a few props and costumes, using these things
in different ways as the show progresses. For example, a long piece of
blue cloth could represent a river in one scene and a cape in the next.
3) A comedy whose content is by nature creative

We are interested in hearing about all of your ideas. One factor to
consider, however, is that our corporate facilities do not include a
stage. We would probably show this in the auditorium, which has a podium
and open space in the front. The open space is about 12 ft by 9ft.

Compensation depends on the number of people, preparation time and expense
and credentials of the actors.
It is entirely negotiable.

Please reply to this email with the following information:
1) Your ideas on what the show could entail
2) Number of people in your group
3) Pay range for putting on the 1-hr show (as a total package, including
any expenses you may incur)
4) Schedule availability in November during weekdays at around noon
5) Contact information

Please email Christina.T.Winans at sherwin.com or call my direct line
(216.566.2970).

Thank you!