[NEohioPAL]NWT AUDITIONS LAVISH MUSICAL PRODUCTION OF "SCROOGE"

RNavisjr at aol.com RNavisjr at aol.com
Tue Aug 20 07:02:11 PDT 2002

--part1_91.21cf0a5b.2a931bf2_boundary

NEAR WEST THEATRE AUDITIONS A LAVISH, ENCHANTING MUSICAL VERSION OF DICKENS'
HAUNTED CHRISTMAS CLASSIC
        SCROOGE   Directed by Bob Navis Jr.
   (this is the stage play of the  70's movie hit by
      the same name, which is best known for
       ALBERT  finney's portrayal of scrooge and the
       song "thank you very much!")
auditions are sept 3, 4 and 5.
 6-7:30pm for children ages 7-12
 8:00-10:30pm FOR TEENS AND
   ADULTS. COME 15 MINS. before
   the starting time to register.
       CALL NWT'S OFFICE AT 621-1919 FOR MORE INFO.

      All are invited to experience the nwt
difference and come out for the musical
"scrooge" by leslie bricusse (composer of dr. jekyl and mr hyde....roar of
the greasepaint, etc)  Our theater is dedicated to providing all interested
individuals with a
true ensemble audition and rehearsal process.  divas not encouraged here.

the moment you walk in the door you will experience a welcoming, inclusive,
creative atmosphere.  our audition for teens and adults takes a few hours. it
is a group audition, no preparation necessary. the director will lead the
AUDITIONEES in a series of games, movements, improvisations and singing.  you
will have multiple opportunities and ways to express yourself.
rule #1 IS....RELAX, PLAY AND LET GO.

ALL ROLES ARE OPEN AND WE ARE CASTING A LARGE SINGING, ACTING AND DANCING
CHORUS OF CHILDREN, TEENS AND ADULTS.
OUR CHORUSES ARE NOT JUST                          BACKGROUND. WE TAKE
SERIOUSLY THEIR FULL INTEGRATION INTO THE PIECE. LOTS OF ATTENTION IS PAID TO
EXPLORING THE THEMES AND MEANINGS OF THE PLAY AND USING THE ACTING PROCESS TO
FORM A CLOSE COMPANY OF PLAYERS, PRINCIPALS AND CHORUS MEMBERS ALIKE.

COME FIND OUT WHY NEAR WEST THEATRE HAS BEEN AROUND FOR 25 YEARS AND HAS
LEGIONS OF LOYAL FANS, WHO CONSIDER THEMSELVES "FAMILY".

SCROOGE  opengs nov 21 and plays thru
december 8. thursdays, fridays and saturdays at 7:30pm and Sundays at 3pm.
no performance on thanksgiving.

Feel free to Call the Director, Bob Navis Jr
at 216-281-6879.

--part1_91.21cf0a5b.2a931bf2_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><BODY BGCOLOR="#408080"><FONT  COLOR="#ff0080" SIZE=4 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0"><B>NEAR WEST THEATRE AUDITIONS A LAVISH, ENCHANTING MUSICAL VERSION OF DICKENS' HAUNTED CHRISTMAS CLASSIC<BR>
        </FONT><FONT  COLOR="#ff0080" style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #408080" SIZE=6 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0">SCROOGE   </FONT><FONT  COLOR="#ff0080" style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #408080" SIZE=3 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0">Directed by Bob Navis Jr.<BR>
</FONT><FONT  COLOR="#ff0080" style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #408080" SIZE=5 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Copperplate Gothic Bold" LANG="0"></B>   </FONT><FONT  COLOR="#ff0080" style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #408080" SIZE=3 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Copperplate Gothic Bold" LANG="0">(this is the stage play of the  70's movie hit by<BR>
      the same name, which is best known for <BR>
       ALBERT  finney's portrayal of scrooge and the<BR>
       song "thank you very much!")</FONT><FONT  COLOR="#ff0080" style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #408080" SIZE=5 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Copperplate Gothic Bold" LANG="0"><BR>
auditions are sept 3, 4 and 5.<BR>
 6-7:30pm for children ages 7-12<BR>
 8:00-10:30pm FOR TEENS AND<BR>
   ADULTS. COME 15 MINS. before               <BR>
   the starting time to register.<BR>
       CALL NWT'S OFFICE AT 621-1919 FOR MORE INFO.<BR>
</FONT><FONT  COLOR="#ff0080" style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #408080" SIZE=4 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Copperplate Gothic Bold" LANG="0"><B><BR>
      All are invited to experience the nwt<BR>
difference and come out for the musical <BR>
"scrooge" by leslie bricusse (composer of <I>dr. jekyl and mr hyde....roar of the greasepaint</I>, etc)  Our theater is dedicated to providing all interested individuals with a<BR>
true ensemble audition and rehearsal process.  divas not encouraged here.<BR>
<BR>
the moment you walk in the door you will experience a welcoming, inclusive, creative atmosphere.  our audition for teens and adults takes a few hours. it is a group audition, no preparation necessary. the director will lead the AUDITIONEES in a series of games, movements, improvisations and singing.  you will have multiple opportunities and ways to express yourself.<BR>
rule #1 IS....RELAX, PLAY AND LET GO.<BR>
<BR>
ALL ROLES ARE OPEN AND WE ARE CASTING A LARGE SINGING, ACTING AND DANCING CHORUS OF CHILDREN, TEENS AND ADULTS.<BR>
OUR CHORUSES ARE NOT JUST                          BACKGROUND. WE TAKE SERIOUSLY THEIR FULL INTEGRATION INTO THE PIECE. LOTS OF ATTENTION IS PAID TO EXPLORING THE THEMES AND MEANINGS OF THE PLAY AND USING THE ACTING PROCESS TO FORM A CLOSE COMPANY OF PLAYERS, PRINCIPALS AND CHORUS MEMBERS ALIKE.<BR>
<BR>
COME FIND OUT WHY NEAR WEST THEATRE HAS BEEN AROUND FOR 25 YEARS AND HAS LEGIONS OF LOYAL FANS, WHO CONSIDER THEMSELVES "FAMILY".<BR>
<BR>
<I>SCROOGE</B></I>  opengs nov 21 and plays thru<BR>
december 8. thursdays, fridays and saturdays at 7:30pm and Sundays at 3pm.<BR>
no performance on thanksgiving.<BR>
<BR>
Feel free to Call the Director, Bob Navis Jr <BR>
at 216-281-6879.</FONT></HTML>

--part1_91.21cf0a5b.2a931bf2_boundary--