[NEohioPAL]SECOND ANNUAL DIY FILM FESTIVAL CALL FOR ENTRIES

It ain't SPAM, it's Mitch! NOW-U-KNOW at rocketmail.com
Sun Aug 25 20:45:13 PDT 2002

--0-1929045455-1030294913=:10035

Here's some info. sent to me that I thought Cleveland Filmmakers could use to their advantage!

Mitch Berlingeri (BERLIN-jerry)

SECOND ANNUAL DIY FILM FESTIVAL CALL FOR ENTRIES

HOLLYWOOD, CA (AUG. 24, 2002)_ The 2003 DIY Film Festival has issued a call for entries for its annual awards program highlighting the top independent films and filmmakers on the cutting-edge of innovation.

The DIY Film Festival will honor the best independently-produced dramatic, documentary, animation, comedy films and screenplays created after Jan. 1, 2001. Winners will be honored from Feb. 4-8 in Hollywood as part of the annual DIY Convention: Do It Yourself in Film, Music & Books. The grand prize winners will be screened at the DIY Convention's gala opening party on Friday, Feb. 7th.

The DIY Convention is a one-day seminar that teaches aspiring musicians, directors, authors and entrepreneurs how to create, promote, protect and distribute independent film, music and books. Individuals submitting to the DIY Film Festival will be admitted to the DIY Convention at no charge. Those attending the convention will enjoy a comprehensive series of panels, exhibits and workshops that
feature top artists and executives revealing the secrets of DIY success.

All films submitted to the festival will be reviewed by our judges in The DIY Reporter, our online hub which covers news and information from the world of independent film, music and books.

ELIGIBILITY

Films shot in DV, Beta, HDTV, 16mm or 35mm are eligible for prizes. All entries must be created using commonly-available tools of independent filmmaking without financing from a major film studio or corporate backer.

CATEGORIES:

Films must be classified in the following categories.

1) Drama (shorts/features)

2) Comedies (shorts/features)

3) Animation (shorts/features)

4) Documentaries (shorts/features)

5) Screenplays (produced or unproduced)

Winners will be honored in each category. From the entries, the
following awards will be given:

1) Best Director

2) Best Cinematography

3) Best Feature Film

4) Best Short Film

5) Best Screenplay

PRIZES

Grand prize winner for The DIY Film Festival's best film will be
awarded a two-week camera package with sound. Other prizes include a
Final Cut Pro/Avid editing course; Final Draft screenplay software;
and copies of the Hollywood Creative Directory.

CRITERIA

DIYFF entries will be judged by a panel of industry experts using the
following criteria:

1) The filmmaker's passion for telling a good story;

and

2) The unique use of DIY resources to create a compelling film
experience.

Judges reserve the right to determine the eligibility of any work for
any category.

FESTIVAL RULES

DIYFF submissions should be on VHS-NTSC and cannot be returned.Submission deadline is Jan. 24, 2003. Winners will be notified by phone and e-mail and officially announced on the DIY Film Festival site on Feb. 1, 2003. If your film is selected, original format prints will be due at DIYFF offices no later than Feb. 3, 2003. All shipping and handling costs must be handled by entrants.

Submissions will be acknowledged within 72 hours of arrival at the DIYFF offices. We're sorry, but because of the anticipated high volume of entries, we can only respond by e-mail to queries.

TO ENTER

Entry forms are available online at www.diyfilmfestival.com.
Applications must be accompanied by a non-refundable entry fee check,money order or PayPal online payment of $35 in U.S. dollars for short film entries, $50 for screenplays, and $50 for features. Students who submit proof of their status can enter in any category for $20 (status will be verified).

Multiple submissions are permitted but each entry must be on a separate VHS tape and must be accompanied by a separate entry fee and submission form.

Deadline for those paying by check is Jan. 15, 2003 in order to allow time for processing.

All entries should be mailed to:

The DIY Film Festival
JM Northern Media LLC
7095 Hollywood Boulevard
Suite 864
Hollywood, CA 90028-0893

We're sorry, but entries must be mailed and cannot be dropped off at the DIY Film Festival offices.

The DIY Film Festival is co-sponsored by Moviola, Final Draft Screenplay Software, Lone Eagle Press/IFilm.com, Alcasid.com and the DIYReporter.com

SO FOCUSED and STILL makin' things happen!

http://TheAnswer.mustbehere.com

A fansite boasting over 6,700+ friends and a mystery is revealed: "Fall of 2002"!!!

©1991 The MAB/EG--------The MAB/EG  ©2002