[NEohioPAL]42nd St. Auditions at SCT

Becky Summers rsummers at kent.edu
Thu Sep 5 08:55:07 PDT 2002

--------------BBE2E239D63D59B50DABF290

Auditions Announced for SCT's 42nd St.

The Streetsboro Community Theatre has announced auditions for it's fall
musical, 42nd St.  The show will open the theatre's 15th season. This
tap dance extravaganza is the timeless story of a girl trying to make it
on Broadway, only to be fired from her first job in the chorus.  An
injury suffered by the leading lady gives her the needed big break and
leads to the fairy tale ending of a brand new star.  The show features
well-know songs Shuffle Off to Buffalo, I Only Have Eyes for You,
Lullaby of Broadway and We're In the Money.  SCT is thrilled to be able
to offer the show that is currently on Broadway.

Auditions will be held Sunday, September 8 from 4:00 - 8:00; Monday,
September 9 from 7:00 - 9:00; and Wednesday, September 11 from 7:00 -
9:00 at the Streetsboro Municipal Building, 9184 State Route 43.  The
show will be performed November 22, 23, 29, 30, and December 1, 6 & 7.
There are 6 male leads, age range from teens to 60's, and 8 female
leads, age range from teens to 60's, plus a tap dancing chorus for ages
13 and up. Teens must look mature.   Not all leads/characters require
dancing.  Please bring a current photo and a resume to auditions.
Appointments are not required.  We will also be auditioning for members
of the orchestra.  Needed are reeds, horns and piano.

SCT's Artistic Director Rebecca Summers will serve as the show's
director/choreographer with Pat Kulow as the co-director.  Kristin Beltz
will be the assistant to the director.  Cheryl Sage as the vocal music
director will work with Jeremy Bright as the orchestra director.  Tom
Wilschutz will produce the show and Sheryl Puette will work as the stage
manager.  For more information, please call 330-928-4192 or
216-570-4838.

[...]

up. Teens must look mature.   <b>Not all leads/characters require
dancing.</b>  Please bring a current photo and a resume to auditions.