[NEohioPAL]"OZ" AUDTIONS AT FINE ARTS REMINDER

JanLeap at aol.com JanLeap at aol.com
Fri Sep 6 07:50:18 PDT 2002

--part1_89.1d6e2c0e.2aa9f703_boundary

A NOTE AND REMINDER FROM THE DIRECTOR
ABOUT "THE WIZARD OF OZ" AUDITIONS AT FINE ARTS

Hello All.
       Janet Shank here with a reminder and a heads up about what I'm looking
for in the "OZ" auditions coming up this Monday and Tuesday, Sept. 9 & 10 at
7:00 PM in the Corning Theatre at The Fine Arts Association in Willoughby.
(Call Ann Hedger at 440 951-7500 for an appointment.) Monday - Thursday
rehearsal schedule.  Production dates are Nov. 22 through Dec. 15.  Friday
nights, Saturday and Sunday afternoons only.  No Saturday nights unless we
have a complete sell out. (Which is possible as Peter Pan has sold out the
last two years.)     And..........

 The heads up on what I'm looking for:

1.  ALL roles are open!
2.  Adults and teens to play principal roles.
3.  Children, ages 8-14 and/or Adult Little People to play Munchkins.
4.  This will be a traditional production following the film as closely as
        possible with a few exceptions.
5.  One of the exceptions is the need for 3 very tall drag queens.
6.  Large chorus needed for Emerald City Residence and the Winkies (it helps
if
        you have your own emerald green clothing.)
7.  The Flying Monkeys!  Mustn't forget the flying Monkeys. (What is it with
me
       and monkeys.  The last time was "Inherit The Wind".... Don't answer
that
       question!)
       ZFX will be doing
       the flying once again.  All ages considered for these roles, but size
and
       strength will be a factor as they must fly through the air and pick up
        Dorothy and fly out with her.  Along with the Monkeys, Glinda, The
Wicked
        Witch, and The Wizard also fly.
8.    And I don't know what the heck I'm doing about Toto yet.  Budget is
tight,
       as always, so hiring a professionally trained dog is not an option.

       I guess that about covers it. If you have any questions just respond
to this e-mail and I'll do my best to get back to you.  As always, thanks for
all your time and talent.
Janet Shank

--part1_89.1d6e2c0e.2aa9f703_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><P ALIGN=CENTER><FONT  COLOR="#0000ff" SIZE=2><B>A NOTE AND REMINDER FROM THE DIRECTOR
<BR>ABOUT "THE WIZARD OF OZ" AUDITIONS AT FINE ARTS
<BR></B>
<BR><P ALIGN=LEFT>Hello All.
<BR>       Janet Shank here with a reminder and <B><U>a heads up about what I'm looking for</B></U> in the "OZ" auditions coming up this Monday and Tuesday, Sept. 9 & 10 at 7:00 PM in the Corning Theatre at The Fine Arts Association in Willoughby. (Call Ann Hedger at 440 951-7500 for an appointment.) Monday - Thursday rehearsal schedule.  Production dates are Nov. 22 through Dec. 15.  Friday nights, Saturday and Sunday afternoons only.  <B><U>No Saturday nights</U> <U>unless</B> </U>we have a complete sell out. (Which is possible as Peter Pan has sold out the last two years.)     And..........
<BR>
<BR> The heads up on what I'm looking for:
<BR>
<BR>1.  ALL roles are open!
<BR>2.  Adults and teens to play principal roles.
<BR>3.  Children, ages 8-14 and/or Adult Little People to play Munchkins.
<BR>4.  This will be a <B><U>traditional</U> production following the film as closely as</B>
<BR>        <B>possible</B> with a few exceptions.
<BR>5.  One of the exceptions is the need for 3 <U>very tall </U>drag queens.
<BR>6.  Large chorus needed for Emerald City Residence and the Winkies (it helps if
<BR>        you have your own emerald green clothing.)
<BR>7.  The <B><U>Flying</U> </B>Monkeys!  Mustn't forget the flying Monkeys. (What is it with me
<BR>       and monkeys.  The last time was "Inherit The Wind".... Don't answer that
<BR>       question!)
<BR>       ZFX will be doing
<BR>       the flying once again.  All ages considered for these roles, but size and
<BR>       strength will be a factor as they must fly through the air and pick up
<BR>        Dorothy and fly out with her. <B> Along with the <U>Monkeys, Glinda, The Wicked
<BR></U>        <U>Witch, and The Wizard also fly.</B>
<BR></U>8.    And I don't know what the heck I'm doing about Toto yet.  Budget is tight,
<BR>       as always, so hiring a professionally trained dog is not an option.
<BR>
<BR>       I guess that about covers it. If you have any questions just respond to this e-mail and I'll do my best to get back to you.  As always, thanks for all your time and talent.
<BR>Janet Shank</P></P></FONT></HTML>

--part1_89.1d6e2c0e.2aa9f703_boundary--