[NEohioPAL]Actors' Summit announces 500% increase in Subscriptions

Thackaberr at aol.com Thackaberr at aol.com
Fri Sep 20 14:24:59 PDT 2002

--part1_81.219962ba.2abcbc8e_boundary

For Immediate Release
For additional information contact:
Neil Thackaberry 330-342-0800

Hudson, Ohio
September 21, 2002

Actors' Summit Theater tops 300 in season subscription, coupon book sales

As the September 28 season subscription deadline nears, Actors' Summit
Theater has generated just over $38,000 in sales of 227 full season
subscriptions and 80 discount coupon books.

In making the announcement, Artistic Director A. Neil Thackaberry celebrated
the achievement a sure sign of the theater's continuing growth as it begins
its second season at 86 Owen Brown Street in downtown Hudson.

"We've come a long way from where we were last year, when our season
subscriptions totaled 48," Thackaberry said. "Anytime you can post a nearly
500% increase in subscribers, it's a good thing for the theater."

Season subscribers can save up to 28 percent off regular ticket prices and
can count on the same seats for all performances. Other subscriber benefits
include advance notification of special events and children's programs and a
flexible ticket-exchange program. Subscriptions for the eight show season
cost $95 to $150 for adults and $80 to $125 for senior citizens and students.

The most popular subscriptions are for Thursday preview performances, which
allow senior citizens and students to see eight shows at $10 a show.
Subscriptions for second Sunday performances are the next most popular.

Good Time Any Time Coupon books, which will be available through the end of
October, offer up to 24 percent savings on Friday and Saturday ticket prices
and usage flexibility. Books of 10 coupons cost $190. Books of six coupons
cost $120.

"People are realizing that the Good Time Any Time Coupon books are a real
savings over the full ticket price," Thackaberry said.

He said a mass mailing of 15,000 pieces about the eight-show season was
helpful in the campaign, which also produced $5,000 in gifts to Actors'
Summit in addition to the $38,000 in sales.

Season subscriptions and coupon books may be purchased at performances of the
Actors' Summit musical revue, A Grand Night for Singing, which runs through
Sept. 29 at 8 p.m. Thursday, Friday and Saturday, and 3:30 p.m. Sunday, or by
calling 330-342-0800.

Web site
Actors Summit Theater can be found on the web at www.actorssummit.org.
Actors' Summit is a professional, not for profit, 501-c-3 professional arts
organization. We are seeking volunteers and board members. For more details
please call MaryJo or Neil at 330-342-0800.

Actors' Summit is a member of PACT, The Professional Alliance of Cleveland
Theaters.

Actors' Summit is working under a developmental agreement with Actors' Equity
Association (the Union of professional Actors and Stage managers).

--part1_81.219962ba.2abcbc8e_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=2>For Immediate Release
<BR>For additional information contact:
<BR>Neil Thackaberry 330-342-0800
<BR>
<BR>Hudson, Ohio
<BR>September 21, 2002
<BR>
<BR>Actors' Summit Theater tops 300 in season subscription, coupon book sales
<BR>
<BR>As the September 28 season subscription deadline nears, Actors' Summit Theater has generated just over $38,000 in sales of 227 full season subscriptions and 80 discount coupon books.
<BR>
<BR>In making the announcement, Artistic Director A. Neil Thackaberry celebrated the achievement a sure sign of the theater's continuing growth as it begins its second season at 86 Owen Brown Street in downtown Hudson.
<BR>
<BR>"We've come a long way from where we were last year, when our season subscriptions totaled 48," Thackaberry said. "Anytime you can post a nearly 500% increase in subscribers, it's a good thing for the theater."
<BR>
<BR>Season subscribers can save up to 28 percent off regular ticket prices and can count on the same seats for all performances. Other subscriber benefits include advance notification of special events and children's programs and a flexible ticket-exchange program. Subscriptions for the eight show season cost $95 to $150 for adults and $80 to $125 for senior citizens and students.
<BR>
<BR>The most popular subscriptions are for Thursday preview performances, which allow senior citizens and students to see eight shows at $10 a show. Subscriptions for second Sunday performances are the next most popular.
<BR>
<BR>Good Time Any Time Coupon books, which will be available through the end of October, offer up to 24 percent savings on Friday and Saturday ticket prices and usage flexibility. Books of 10 coupons cost $190. Books of six coupons cost $120.
<BR>
<BR>"People are realizing that the Good Time Any Time Coupon books are a real savings over the full ticket price," Thackaberry said.
<BR>
<BR>He said a mass mailing of 15,000 pieces about the eight-show season was helpful in the campaign, which also produced $5,000 in gifts to Actors' Summit in addition to the $38,000 in sales.
<BR>
<BR>Season subscriptions and coupon books may be purchased at performances of the Actors' Summit musical revue, A Grand Night for Singing, which runs through Sept. 29 at 8 p.m. Thursday, Friday and Saturday, and 3:30 p.m. Sunday, or by calling 330-342-0800.
<BR>
<BR>Web site
<BR>Actors Summit Theater can be found on the web at www.actorssummit.org. Actors' Summit is a professional, not for profit, 501-c-3 professional arts organization. We are seeking volunteers and board members. For more details please call MaryJo or Neil at 330-342-0800.
<BR>
<BR>Actors' Summit is a member of PACT, The Professional Alliance of Cleveland Theaters.
<BR>
<BR>Actors' Summit is working under a developmental agreement with Actors' Equity Association (the Union of professional Actors and Stage managers).
<BR></FONT></HTML>

--part1_81.219962ba.2abcbc8e_boundary--