[NEohioPAL]Linda Eisenstein's fall plugmobile

Linda Eisenstein herone at en.com
Thu Sep 26 14:40:02 PDT 2002

--=====================_15021161==_.ALT

Hi cyberfriends:

Here's a brief plugmobile for a *very* brief upcoming play:

- My short-short "Taste It" is being included in the 2nd Annual Feast of
One-Page Plays by Abydos/The Director's Theatre, which previews tonight at
the ODC Theatre, 3153 17th Street (@ Shotwell), San Francisco, CA.  It runs
September 26-October 6, 2002, 8pm.  Call 415-863-9834 for reservations;
tickets are $15-18.  I wrote this comedy this summer when I was being
plagued by carpal tunnel syndrome -- which has now happily gone away.  I'd
appreciate hearing from anybody in the Bay Area who has a chance to see it.

Meanwhile, I'm looking foward to several spring productions:
- The East Coast premiere of my musical THE LAST RED WAGON TENT SHOW IN THE
LAND takes place this spring at Teaneck New Theatre (Teaneck, NJ), directed
by C. Edwin Shade.  This chamber musical about 3 women in the 1950's whose
lives are changed by a traveling circus  is a sentimental favorite -- my
first musical -- and collaborator Teddi Davis & I are both eagerly looking
forward to seeing it on stage again.
- Cincinnati's New Edgecliff Theatre will produce my full-length play THREE
THE HARD WAY in March.  This makes the 11th US production for this ensemble
comedy/drama, about 3 offbeat sisters dealing with their gambler father's
funeral in Reno.

As for current projects:
- With collaborators Patti McKenny and Doug Frew, I'm still at work on our
new George Sand/Sarah Bernhardt musical.  We hope to present another
excerpt at a Chicago event upcoming soon.
- And James Levin and I are at work at revisions to our musical DISCORDIA,
scheduled for Cleveland Public Theatre's 2003 season.  We now have a demo
CD available with 10 songs from the score, if any are interested in hearing it.

Cheers, all --
Linda Eisenstein

--
Linda Eisenstein   herone at en.com     www.lindaeisenstein.com

Taste It, Abydos/The Directors Theatre, ODC, San Francisco, CA, Sept.
26-Oct. 6, www.abydostheater.org
The Last Red Wagon Tent Show in the Land, Teaneck New Theatre, Teaneck, NJ,
spring '03
Three the Hard Way, New Edgecliff Theatre, Cincinnati, OH, Mar. '03
--=====================_15021161==_.ALT

Hi cyberfriends:<br><br>
Here's a brief plugmobile for a *very* brief upcoming play:
- My short-short "Taste It" is being included in the 2nd Annual
Feast of One-Page Plays by Abydos/The Director's Theatre, which previews
tonight at the ODC Theatre, 3153 17th Street (@ Shotwell), San Francisco,
CA.  It runs September 26-October 6, 2002, 8pm.  Call
415-863-9834 for reservations; tickets are $15-18.  I wrote this
comedy this summer when I was being plagued by carpal tunnel syndrome --
which has now happily gone away.  I'd appreciate hearing from
anybody in the Bay Area who has a chance to see it.<br><br>
Meanwhile, I'm looking foward to several spring productions:  <br>
- The East Coast premiere of my musical THE LAST RED WAGON TENT SHOW IN
THE LAND takes place this spring at Teaneck New Theatre (Teaneck, NJ),
directed by C. Edwin Shade.  This chamber musical about 3 women in
the 1950's whose lives are changed by a traveling circus  is a
sentimental favorite -- my first musical -- and collaborator Teddi Davis
& I are both eagerly looking forward to seeing it on stage
again.<br>
- Cincinnati's New Edgecliff Theatre will produce my full-length play
THREE THE HARD WAY in March.  This makes the 11th US production for
this ensemble comedy/drama, about 3 offbeat sisters dealing with their
gambler father's funeral in Reno.  <br><br>
As for current projects:<br>
- With collaborators Patti McKenny and Doug Frew, I'm still at work on
our new George Sand/Sarah Bernhardt musical.  We hope to present
another excerpt at a Chicago event upcoming soon.  <br>
- And James Levin and I are at work at revisions to our musical
DISCORDIA, scheduled for Cleveland Public Theatre's 2003 season.  We
now have a demo CD available with 10 songs from the score, if any are
interested in hearing it.<br><br>
Cheers, all --<br>
Linda Eisenstein<br>
<x-sigsep><p></x-sigsep>
--<br>
Linda Eisenstein   herone at en.com
<i>Taste It</i>, Abydos/The Directors Theatre, ODC, San Francisco, CA,
Sept. 26-Oct. 6,
<i>The Last Red Wagon Tent Show in the Land</i>, Teaneck New Theatre,
Teaneck, NJ, spring '03<br>
<i>Three the Hard Way</i>, New Edgecliff Theatre, Cincinnati, OH, Mar.
'03</html>