[NEohioPAL]Actors' Summit Extends A GRAND NIGHT FOR SINGING

Thackaberr at aol.com Thackaberr at aol.com
Thu Sep 26 18:15:41 PDT 2002

--part1_123.174dc04d.2ac4ed4f_boundary

For Immediate Release
For additional information contact:             September 26, 2002
Neil Thackaberry 330-342-0800

A GRAND NIGHT FOR SINGING
Extended at Actors' Summit!
Four performances added.

Actors' Summit, a professional theater, has extended the run of A GRAND NIGHT
FOR SINGING. An additional week of four performances have been scheduled for
October 3, 4, 5 & 6. Thursday, Friday, & Saturday performances begin at 8:00
PM, with Sunday matinees at 3:30 PM.  The current run continues through
Sunday, September 29, 2002.

"The great reviews in the Plain Dealer and the Beacon Journal have really
increased interest in the show," said artistic director, Neil Thackaberry.
"In fact, we played to as many people in our first eight performances this
year as we played to in our first sixteen performances last year."

The Critics
Kerry Clawson in the Beacon Journal said: "Actors' Summit's Rodgers and
Hammerstein revue, A Grand Night for Singing, ... is full of romantic,
nostalgic classics that make for a pleasant evening. . . . The Actors' Summit
production is a fast-paced performance with seamless transitions. Four
actors/singers are backed by an excellent four-member band, led by music
director/pianist Marc Baker, obviously a consummate musician."

Linda Eisenstein in the Plain Dealer said: "A Grand Night for Singing
features more than two dozen of the musical team's greatest hits, performed
by an elegant quartet of audience favorites: actors MaryJo Alexander, Maryann
Nagel, Wayne Turney and Greg Violand. Artistic director Neil Thackaberry has
a sure, light touch with the material. It's like an evening of comfort food.
It might not always inspire, but it never fails to ingratiate and warm."

The Cast
The all Equity cast includes, MaryJo Alexander, Maryann Nagel, Wayne S.
Turney, and Greg Violand. Musical direction is by Marc Baker. The musicians,
in addition to Marc include Tim Keo on bass, W. Scot Sexton and Scot M.
Sexton on percussion.

Tickets
Tickets are $25 & $22 on Fridays and Saturdays, and $22 & $20 on Thursdays
and Sundays. Students and Seniors receive a $4 discount. Group discounts are
available. Tickets can be purchased at 330-342-0800.

Location
Actors' Summit is located at 86 Owen Brown Street in downtown Hudson, two
blocks west and 1 block north of the clocktower.

Web site
Actors Summit Theater can be found on the web at www.actorssummit.org.

Actors' Summit is a member of PACT, The Professional Alliance of Cleveland
Theaters.

Actors' Summit is working under a Small Professional Theater Contract, a
developmental agreement with Actors' Equity Association (the Union of
professional Actors and Stage managers.)

--part1_123.174dc04d.2ac4ed4f_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=2>For Immediate Release
<BR>For additional information contact:             September 26, 2002
<BR>Neil Thackaberry 330-342-0800
<BR>
<BR><P ALIGN=CENTER></FONT><FONT  COLOR="#0000ff" SIZE=4 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0"><B><I>A GRAND NIGHT FOR SINGING</FONT><FONT  COLOR="#000000" SIZE=4 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0"></B></I>
<BR>Extended at Actors' Summit!
<BR>Four performances added.</FONT><FONT  COLOR="#000000" SIZE=2 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0">
<BR><P ALIGN=LEFT>
<BR></FONT><FONT  COLOR="#000000" SIZE=3 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0">Actors' Summit, a professional theater, has extended the run of <B><I>A GRAND NIGHT FOR SINGING</B></I>. An additional week of four performances have been scheduled for October 3, 4, 5 & 6. Thursday, Friday, & Saturday performances begin at 8:00 PM, with Sunday matinees at 3:30 PM.  The current run continues through Sunday, September 29, 2002.
<BR>
<BR>"The great reviews in the Plain Dealer and the Beacon Journal have really increased interest in the show," said artistic director, <B>Neil Thackaberry</B>. "In fact, we played to as many people in our first eight performances this year as we played to in our first sixteen performances last year."
<BR>
<BR><B>The Critics</B>
<BR><B>Kerry Clawson</B> in the <B>Beacon Journa</B>l said: "Actors' Summit's Rodgers and Hammerstein revue, A Grand Night for Singing, ... is full of romantic, nostalgic classics that make for a pleasant evening. . . . The Actors' Summit production is a fast-paced performance with seamless transitions. Four actors/singers are backed by an excellent four-member band, led by music director/pianist Marc Baker, obviously a consummate musician."
<BR>
<BR><B>Linda Eisenstein</B> in the <B>Plain Dealer</B> said: "<B><I>A Grand Night for Singing </B></I>features more than two dozen of the musical team's greatest hits, performed by an elegant quartet of audience favorites: actors MaryJo Alexander, Maryann Nagel, Wayne Turney and Greg Violand. Artistic director Neil Thackaberry has a sure, light touch with the material. It's like an evening of comfort food. It might not always inspire, but it never fails to ingratiate and warm."
<BR>
<BR>
<BR><B>The Cast</B>
<BR>The all Equity cast includes, MaryJo Alexander, Maryann Nagel, Wayne S. Turney, and Greg Violand. Musical direction is by Marc Baker. The musicians, in addition to Marc include Tim Keo on bass, W. Scot Sexton and Scot M. Sexton on percussion.
<BR>
<BR><B>Tickets</B>
<BR>Tickets are $25 & $22 on Fridays and Saturdays, and $22 & $20 on Thursdays and Sundays. Students and Seniors receive a $4 discount. Group discounts are available. Tickets can be purchased at 330-342-0800.
<BR>
<BR><B>Location</B>
<BR>Actors' Summit is located at 86 Owen Brown Street in downtown Hudson, two blocks west and 1 block north of the clocktower.
<BR>
<BR><B>Web site </B>
<BR>Actors Summit Theater can be found on the web at www.actorssummit.org.
<BR>
<BR>Actors' Summit is a member of PACT, The Professional Alliance of Cleveland Theaters.
<BR>
<BR>Actors' Summit is working under a Small Professional Theater Contract, a developmental agreement with Actors' Equity Association (the Union of professional Actors and Stage managers.)</P></P></FONT></HTML>

--part1_123.174dc04d.2ac4ed4f_boundary--