[NEohioPAL]Richard Florida to speak Wednesday at Joseph-Beth

JSM7250 at aol.com JSM7250 at aol.com
Mon Sep 30 22:58:18 PDT 2002

--part1_19f.9a071e6.2aca4ed7_boundary

Richard Florida advocates a strong creative culture in improving our economy.
 Following his wisdom can have a great impact on Cleveland.  I hope many
Neohiopal subscribers can have a chance to hear him speak this Wednesday
evening.

-- Jean Martin

Joseph-Beth Booksellers welcomes Richard Florida to discuss and sign The
Rise of the Creative Class on Wednesday, October 2 at 7 p.m.  Weaving
storytelling with a massive body of research, Richard Florida traces the
theme that runs through a host of changes in American society: the growing
role of creativity in our economy.  Florida asserts that millions of us are
working and living as creative types like artists and scientists always have
~ with the result that their values and tastes, our relationships, our
choices of where to live, and even our sense of time are changing.  The Rise
of the Creative Class chronicles the on-going change in people's choices and
attitudes, and shows how these choices have already made a huge economic
impact ~ and will determine how the workplace is organized, what companies
will succeed, and even which cities will prosper.

Richard Florida is the Heinz Professor of Economic Development and
Co-director of the Center for Economic Development at Carnegie Mellon
University. He is also an adjunct scholar with the American Institute in
Washington, D.C., and has been a visiting professor at MIT and Harvard
University's John F. Kennedy School of Government.

Events are free and open to the public.

Joseph-Beth Booksellers
The Shops at Shaker Square
13217 Shaker Square
Cleveland, OH 44120
(216) 751-3300
wwww.josephbeth.com

--part1_19f.9a071e6.2aca4ed7_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  COLOR="#0000ff" SIZE=2 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0"><B>Richard Florida advocates a strong creative culture in improving our economy.  Following his wisdom can have a great impact on Cleveland.  I hope many Neohiopal subscribers can have a chance to hear him speak this Wednesday evening. <BR>
<BR>
-- Jean Martin</FONT><FONT  COLOR="#000000" style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=2 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0"></B><BR>
<BR>
Joseph-Beth Booksellers welcomes Richard Florida to discuss and sign <I>The<BR>
Rise of the Creative Class </I>on Wednesday, October 2 at 7 p.m.  Weaving<BR>
storytelling with a massive body of research, Richard Florida traces the<BR>
theme that runs through a host of changes in American society: the growing<BR>
role of creativity in our economy.  Florida asserts that millions of us are<BR>
working and living as creative types like artists and scientists always have<BR>
~ with the result that their values and tastes, our relationships, our<BR>
choices of where to live, and even our sense of time are changing.  The Rise<BR>
of the Creative Class chronicles the on-going change in people's choices and<BR>
attitudes, and shows how these choices have already made a huge economic<BR>
impact ~ and will determine how the workplace is organized, what companies<BR>
will succeed, and even which cities will prosper.<BR>
<BR>
Richard Florida is the Heinz Professor of Economic Development and<BR>
Co-director of the Center for Economic Development at Carnegie Mellon<BR>
University. He is also an adjunct scholar with the American Institute in<BR>
Washington, D.C., and has been a visiting professor at MIT and Harvard<BR>
University's John F. Kennedy School of Government.<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
Events are free and open to the public.<BR>
<BR>
Joseph-Beth Booksellers<BR>
The Shops at Shaker Square<BR>
13217 Shaker Square<BR>