[NEohioPAL]NOVA's first meeting was a success - next one on 11/18, 7:30 PM

Ray Szuch ray at worldeonline.com
Fri Oct 25 22:19:37 PDT 2002

Nova's next meeting will be 11/18 Monday night at 7:30 PM
4913 Storer Ave
Cleveland, OH 44102
216-651-5441

	We had a great turn out for our first NOVA meeting. Thanks again for
attending. Just about every facet of our industries represented in one form
or another. Which is exactly what many thought this organization should do.
Ideas, thoughts and comments were flowing Monday night, including different
ways to promote, run, organize, and how to boost membership of NOVA.
Because there was so much discussion, we never did get to our election
process before time ran out. Although, there was one nomination that night,
mine. I was elected to keep everyone informed until we can get the board up
and running. Nomination and elections WILL be on the agenda for our next
meeting.

	Some points that were made that night...Again, the general consensus seems
to be, "...Cleveland needs this and we're just the ones to do it."
Stressing the point that we need to get NOVA up and running ASAP.

THE ELECTION PROCESS
	Everyone should know how an election works. (Please, no Hanging Chad jokes)

MEETINGS
	Meeting should be held on a regular basis, once a month such as the 3rd
Monday, 2nd Thursday, etc. What do you think?

BOARD MEMBERS
	Board members should make themselves available 1 hour before regularly
scheduled meetings. In order to iron out the current meeting issues. In
order to save time at the next meeting, we will be taking Nominations via
email. If you would like to nominate someone, or yourself, for the
following positions, please email me ASAP. nova at worldeonline.com

NOMINATIONS
	Nominations are being accepted for the following positions. Most interim
board members and representatives could by split between Theater, Film &
TV. This would be determined at a later date. You may nominate anyone you
like, including yourself. Elections will be held during the next meeting.

PRESIDENT
VICE PRESIDENT
SECRETARY
FILM REP
THEATER REP
TV REP
PRODUCERS REP
DIRECTORS REP
CREW REP
WRITER REP
ACTOR REP
DIGITAL VIDEO REP
EDITING REP
MEDIA RELATIONS
MEMBERSHIP
MUSIC REP
PRODUCTION DESIGN REP
WEBMASTER

GROUP NAME
	Another issue not discussed thoroughly Monday, was our groups name.
Northern Ohio Visual Arts Association (NOVA) is a name that came up while
planning our first meeting. Although nobody disagreed with this name
Monday, we still need your input. Should we keep this name, or find
another? The name of our organization should reflect what we do and whom we
represent. Including everyone in the film, theater, television, actors,
directors, etc. Some key words could include Visual Arts, Cleveland,
Entertainment, Entertainers, Northern Ohio, Independent, Organization,
Association, Group, and Society. If you have any idea, please feel free to
email us. nova at worldeonline.com

WEB SITE
	Now days, everyone has a web site, we should to. Starting with one simple
page and then work up from there to include a password protected areas for
our associate members. There was some concern regarding the ability to
bring traffic to our site. With the right keywords and search engine
submissions, NOVA can be in the top 10 of every search engine at no cost.
We're looking for some that can handle the construction and maintenance of
our web site.

CONTACT
	The temporary email address for NOVA is nova at worldeonline.com

SUMMERY
	Would you like to nominate anyone for a board positions? (See the list
above)
	What day of the month should meetings be held?
	Should we keep Northern Ohio Visual Artists Association as our name? If
not, what name(s) do you have in mind?

	Please feel free to forward this email to anyone that might be interested
in NOVA, or anyone that might want to be on this email list.

Thanks again for your support.
Hope to see you at the next meeting.

Mike Perzel
nova at worldeonline.com