[NEohioPAL]Amherst Steele High School presents: "Golliwhoppers!"

Val & Fred Farschman ffarsch at eriecoast.com
Fri Nov 1 09:49:02 PST 2002

--MS_Mac_OE_3118989144_12942230_MIME_Part

MLS Theatre Company
of Amherst Steele High School
presents their fall play:

Golliwhoppers!

A dramatization motivated by the themes and traditions of American folklore
by Flora B. Atkin

November 8, 9, 15, & 16 at 7:30 p.m.
Sunday, November 10 at 2:30 p.m.
at Powers Elementary School Gym
401 Washington Avenue, Amherst

Adults: $4.00
Students: $3.00
Senior Citizens: Free

Great entertainment for the whole family!
"Golliwhoppers" refers to the tall tales, with bigger than life characters,
that make up the play.  This delightful show can be enjoyed by kids young
and old.  In the oral tradition of Paul Bunyan, Pecos Bill, or Johnny
Appleseed, these lesser known tales come to us from various parts of the
U.S.A. There is a tall tale from the Illinois backwoods, a mountain ballard
from the Appalachian Mountains, a Native American legend from the Southwest
plains, and a Cante-fable from the Alabama swamps.  Each unique tale is
woven with =B3knee-tapping=B2 music and =B3swing your partner=B2 dancin=B9 guaranteed
to put a smile on your face and little joy in your day.

The cast performs as a troupe of traveling players who converge upon the
stage to share their tales of America=B9s earlier days.  These players act,
sing, narrate, mime, chant, dance, and play musical instruments: Bryan
Ambrosia, Michael Andorka, John Bednar, Katie Bilancini, Michelle Brady,
Mandi Dodson, Jake Levine, Nicole Macy, Ian Marty, Sarah Mize, Jordan
Murray, Rania Shakkour, Ashley Thomasson, and Kristi Yorks.  Golliwhoppers!
is preceded by a =B3Mini Whoppers=B2 cast of Jeni Dolan, Lindsey Gibb, Grant
Larson, and Ben Prosak, who act out a humorous =B3mini tale=B2 to warm up the
audience.

Contact: Valerie Farschman, Director and Drama Sponsor
www.vals-pals.com
ffarsch at eriecoast.com

Check out the MLS Theatre Company at:
www.amherst.k12.oh.us/steele/arts/index.html
--=20
---
Val & Fred Farschman <ffarsch at eriecoast.com>

--MS_Mac_OE_3118989144_12942230_MIME_Part

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Amherst Steele High School presents: "Golliwhoppers!"</TIT=

</HEAD>
<BODY>
<FONT SIZE=3D"5"><FONT FACE=3D"Comic Sans MS"><B>MLS Theatre Company</B> <BR>
of Amherst Steele High School <BR>
presents their fall play:<BR>
<BR>
</FONT></FONT><FONT FACE=3D"Comic Sans MS"><FONT SIZE=3D"7"><B><I>Golliwhoppers=
!<BR>
</I></B></FONT><B><I><BR>
</I></B>A dramatization motivated by the themes and traditions of American =
folklore by Flora B. Atkin<BR>
 <BR>
<H3>November 8, 9, 15, & 16 at 7:30 p.m.<BR>
Sunday, November 10 at 2:30 p.m.<BR>
at Powers Elementary School Gym<BR>
</H3><FONT SIZE=3D"4">401 Washington Avenue, Amherst<BR>
</FONT><B><BR>
Adults: $4.00<BR>
Students: $3.00<BR>
Senior Citizens: <I>Free</I> <BR>
</B><BR>
<FONT SIZE=3D"5"><B><I>Great entertainment for the whole family!</I></B> <BR>
</FONT>"Golliwhoppers" refers to the tall tales, with bigger than=
 life characters, that make up the play.  This delightful show can be e=
njoyed by kids young and old.  In the oral tradition of Paul Bunyan, Pe=
cos Bill, or Johnny Appleseed, these lesser known tales come to us from vari=
ous parts of the U.S.A. There is a tall tale from the Illinois backwoods, a =
mountain ballard from the Appalachian Mountains, a Native American legend fr=
om the Southwest plains, and a Cante-fable from the Alabama swamps.  Ea=
ch unique tale is woven with =B3knee-tapping=B2 music and =B3swing your partner=B2 d=
ancin=B9 guaranteed to put a smile on your face and little joy in your day.<BR=

<BR>
The cast performs as a troupe of traveling players who converge upon the st=
age to share their tales of America=B9s earlier days.  These players act,=
 sing, narrate, mime, chant, dance, and play musical instruments: Bryan Ambr=
osia, Michael Andorka, John Bednar, Katie Bilancini, Michelle Brady, Mandi D=
odson, Jake Levine, Nicole Macy, Ian Marty, Sarah Mize, Jordan Murray, Rania=
 Shakkour, Ashley Thomasson, and Kristi Yorks.  <I>Golliwhoppers!</I> i=
s preceded by a =B3Mini Whoppers=B2 cast of Jeni Dolan, Lindsey Gibb, Grant Lars=
on, and Ben Prosak, who act out a humorous =B3mini tale=B2 to warm up the audien=
ce.<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
Contact: Valerie Farschman, Director and Drama Sponsor<BR>
www.vals-pals.com<BR>
ffarsch at eriecoast.com<BR>
</FONT><BR>
<FONT FACE=3D"Comic Sans MS">Check out the MLS Theatre Company at:<BR>
</FONT>www.amherst.k12.oh.us/steele/arts/index.html<BR>
-- <BR>
---<BR>
Val & Fred Farschman <ffarsch at eriecoast.com><BR>
<BR>
</BODY>
</HTML>

--MS_Mac_OE_3118989144_12942230_MIME_Part--