[NEohioPAL]SONGS FOR A NEW WORLD: this weekend only reminder!---Only $10!!!. ..

Bob.burian at BradleyCompany.com Bob.burian at BradleyCompany.com
Wed Nov 6 23:44:02 PST 2002

THIS WEEKEND ONLY!!!!....and only $10, with a reception and silent auction
to follow!!!!!....

Cassidy Theatre Guild Presents:
SONGS FOR A NEW WORLD (Music and lyrics by Jason Robert Brown)
(dedicated to the memory of Steven P. Sterlekar; benefit to Paul W. Cassidy
Theatre & North Coast Men's Chorus Steven P. Sterlekar Fund)

PLEASE NOTE SATURDAY'S TIME: Saturday, November 9 @ 7:30 PM*
Sunday, November 10 @ 3:00 PM

*Again, PLEASE NOTE the curtain time of the Saturday performance: 7:30 PM

Tickets: $10

Paul W. Cassidy Theatre
6200 Pearl Road
Parma Heights, Ohio  44130 (in the Greenbrier Commons)

BOX OFFICE: 440.842.4600

Directed by Lora Workman
Musical Direction by Marc Baker

For more information on cast & crew, refer to:
http://www.geocities.com/SongsFANW

Last December, our dear friend, Steven P. Sterlekar died.  Steven was active
in Cleveland's community theatre scene.  He had the gift of drawing people
together to share their time, talent, and treasure.  It was one of Steven's
dreams to one day produce SONGS FOR A NEW WORLD.  Perhaps it was so
important to him because he knew what the show represents.

SONGS FOR A NEW WORLD is a journey through sixteen songs, dealing with
life's ups and downs and finding the courage to keep going.  Critics have
called it: "a musical call to personal reflection" -- "almost a contemporary
worship service with dogmatics," and "a freewheeling exploration into the
human soul."  It reminds us of our own personal journeys.

Composer and lyricist, Jason Robert Brown, said about the show in January
2001, "Songs for a New World is a show that suggests that our best solution
for the stress and terror and anxiety we feel is to come together and form a
community that will support and uplift each other."  It seems ironic that he
would say this 9 months before one of the most terrifying events in our
nation's history.  And, at the end of that same year, Steven passed.

Let this production be an opportunity for us to "come together and form a
community"; a community of artists, friends, and family.  A cocktail
reception and silent auction will follow each show; donations will be used
to commission a piece of music in Steven's honor to be presented by The
North Coast Men's Chorus.

Please join us, and unite in our community to remember, experience, and
enjoy.

Cast includes:
Maggie Wirfel
Mary Ann Prucha
Mike Caraffi
Robert Burian

Please forward this on to anyone you feel may be interested, including any
church organizations, as this has many spiritual themes.