[NEohioPAL]A Mike and Ike Satirical Review of CCC West's "Lobo-A-Gogo"

Jeff Holland rdoughnuts at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 10 22:37:03 PST 2002

--0-1228856340-1036968714=:86085

WARNING:  THE FOLLOWING REVIEW HAS BEEN RATED PG-13 BY THE CAST OF "GREASE 3."  YOU READ THAT RIGHT, "GREASE 3."  THERE IS NO JOY IN THIS WORLD--Jeff Holland and Vince Stillitano

MIKE:  Well, that was mildly painful.

IKE:  I'm sorry, but that wasn't no werewolf.

M:  No,  it was a woman with back hair and a mask.

I:  The mask didn't look like a wolf.  Looked more like Helena Bonham Carter in Planet of the Apes.  Course, "Howler Monkey-A-Gogo" doesn't have as nice a ring to it.

M:  It should have been called Transvestite-A-Gogo.  I cannot believe crossdressing got more stage time than the actual werewolf.

I:  Here's another title:  The Monkey Horror Picture Show.

M:  It started out as a mildly cute idea.

I:  No, it didn't.

M:  You're right.  I was being polite.  No, I'm not going to get into the whole "Man who spends all of Act 1 complaining about not getting chicks who, after putting on a dress and singing I Feel Pretty, apparently decides he's gay, kisses a couple of guys and then gets shot for no apparent reason  except perhaps that he's discovered he's gay, which opens up a whole new can of worms" thing.  What bugged me about the whole thing was the logistics.  They find a bloody dress and give it to the guy to put on.  Now, even though the woman was 5 foot five and the guy was six foot two, somehow the dress fits him better than it fit her, and, AND everyone mistakes this guy for the girl.  WTF?!?

I:  Remember, this takes place in 1959 and, as we know from movies, tv, and the-ater, people were dumber back then.

M:  And that's another thing!

I:  Oh, God!

M:  There's a Psycho reference in the show.  Psycho didn't come out until 1960!

I:  Yeah, that kinda twisted my short hairs, too.  So did that guy realize he was gay?

M:  I'm not sure.  For a show that has such broad characterizations,  when it comes to plot it's subtle to the point of being cryptic.

I:  I did like the rebel poet.  He was by far the most interesting character in the show and he had the best song, "I Want to Kill my Ex-Girlfriend."  Great title.  All right, my turn to rag on something:  The language.

M:  You're complaining about language.

I:  Apart from one fun usage of the F word--

M:  Frankfurt?

I:  No.

M:  Follicle?

I:  No.

M:  Fellatio?

I:  Shut up!  Apart from that, there's a lotta bad words in this that are just there.  They're not used for comedic effect, or dramatic,or any effect at all, actually.  They just there.  The shock effect of having stupid people from the 50's bein' all potty mouthed wore off way too quickly.

M:  Did you just say potty mouthed?

I:  What about it?

M:  The Seventh Sign.

I:  Shut up.  And then there was the slut.

M:  Holy tangent, Batman.

I:  Now, Lord knows I am all for loose women.

M:  It's a shame they're not all for you.

I:  Now I don't know if this was an acting thing or a directing thing,but for some reason this chick seemed to need to vogue ever time she stopped moving.  By Act 2 I wanted to tie her hands to her sides.

M:  Keep your fetish fantasies to yourself, please.

I:  I didn't mean it that way . . . much.

M:  On the plus side, I really enjoyed the music for the show.

I:  Me, too.  Almost made me wish I could hear the lyrics.

M:  Yes, there were some technical difficulties during the show.  I'm assuming some of the mics were faulty.

I:  Did everbody have mics?  Couldn't tell.  That reminds me, did you see the on-stage band?

M:  How could I not?  They were onstage.

I:  Shut up!  Apart from the piano player, who was also the musical director and a character in the show, the rest of them just sat there blankly like they were watchin' the eight hour director's cut of the Scooby Doo movie and the downers just kicked in.  I gotta problem getting excited over watchin' a show when 1/4 of the people onstage can't even do it.

M:  But at least we did get a werewolf.

I:  Weremonkey.

M:(Deep voice) There monkey.  There castle.

I:  Why are you talking like that?

M:  Because we wanted to end this with a cheap "Young Frankenstien" reference.

I:  Oh, that's right.

--0-1228856340-1036968714=:86085

<P>WARNING:  THE FOLLOWING REVIEW HAS BEEN RATED PG-13 BY THE CAST OF "GREASE 3."  YOU READ THAT RIGHT, "GREASE 3."  THERE IS NO JOY IN THIS WORLD--Jeff Holland and Vince Stillitano</P>
<P>MIKE:  Well, that was mildly painful.</P>
<P>IKE:  I'm sorry, but that wasn't no werewolf.</P>
<P>M:  No,  it was a woman with back hair and a mask.</P>
<P>I:  The mask didn't look like a wolf.  Looked more like Helena Bonham Carter in Planet of the Apes.  Course, "Howler Monkey-A-Gogo" doesn't have as nice a ring to it.</P>
<P>M:  It should have been called Transvestite-A-Gogo.  I cannot believe crossdressing got more stage time than the actual werewolf.</P>
<P>I:  Here's another title:  The Monkey Horror Picture Show.</P>
<P>M:  It started out as a mildly cute idea.  </P>
<P>I:  No, it didn't.</P>
<P>M:  You're right.  I was being polite.  No, I'm not going to get into the whole "Man who spends all of Act 1 complaining about not getting chicks who, after putting on a dress and singing I Feel Pretty, apparently decides he's gay, kisses a couple of guys and then gets shot for no apparent reason  except perhaps that he's discovered he's gay, which opens up a whole new can of worms" thing.  What bugged me about the whole thing was the logistics.  They find a bloody dress and give it to the guy to put on.  Now, even though the woman was 5 foot five and the guy was six foot two, somehow the dress fits him better than it fit her, and, AND everyone mistakes this guy for the girl.  WTF?!?</P>
<P>I:  Remember, this takes place in 1959 and, as we know from movies, tv, and the-ater, people were dumber back then.</P>
<P>M:  And that's another thing!</P>
<P>I:  Oh, God!</P>
<P>M:  There's a Psycho reference in the show.  Psycho didn't come out until 1960!</P>
<P>I:  Yeah, that kinda twisted my short hairs, too.  So did that guy realize he was gay?</P>
<P>M:  I'm not sure.  For a show that has such broad characterizations,  when it comes to plot it's subtle to the point of being cryptic.</P>
<P>I:  I did like the rebel poet.  He was by far the most interesting character in the show and he had the best song, "I Want to Kill my Ex-Girlfriend."  Great title.  All right, my turn to rag on something:  The language.</P>
<P>M:  <EM>You're</EM> complaining about language.</P>
<P>I:  Apart from one fun usage of the F word--</P>
<P>M:  Frankfurt?</P>
<P>I:  No.</P>
<P>M:  Follicle?</P>
<P>I:  No.</P>
<P>M:  Fellatio?</P>
<P>I:  Shut up!  Apart from that, there's a lotta bad words in this that are just there.  They're not used for comedic effect, or dramatic,or any effect at all, actually.  They just there.  The shock effect of having stupid people from the 50's bein' all potty mouthed wore off way too quickly.</P>
<P>M:  Did you just say potty mouthed?</P>
<P>I:  What about it?</P>
<P>M:  The Seventh Sign.</P>
<P>I:  Shut up.  And then there was the slut.</P>
<P>M:  Holy tangent, Batman.</P>
<P>I:  Now, Lord knows I am all for loose women.</P>
<P>M:  It's a shame they're not all for you.</P>
<P>I:  Now I don't know if this was an acting thing or a directing thing,but for some reason this chick seemed to need to vogue ever time she stopped moving.  By Act 2 I wanted to tie her hands to her sides.</P>
<P>M:  Keep your fetish fantasies to yourself, please.</P>
<P>I:  I didn't mean it <EM>that</EM> way . . . much.</P>
<P>M:  On the plus side, I really enjoyed the music for the show.</P>
<P>I:  Me, too.  Almost made me wish I could hear the lyrics.</P>
<P>M:  Yes, there were some technical difficulties during the show.  I'm assuming some of the mics were faulty.</P>
<P>I:  Did everbody have mics?  Couldn't tell.  That reminds me, did you see the on-stage band?</P>
<P>M:  How could I not?  They were onstage.</P>
<P>I:  Shut up!  Apart from the piano player, who was also the musical director and a character in the show, the rest of them just sat there blankly like they were watchin' the eight hour director's cut of the Scooby Doo movie and the downers just kicked in.  I gotta problem getting excited over watchin' a show when 1/4 of the people onstage can't even do it.  </P>
<P>M:  But at least we did get a werewolf.</P>
<P>I:  Weremonkey.</P>
<P>M:(Deep voice) There monkey.  There castle.</P>
<P>I:  Why are you talking like that?</P>
<P>M:  Because we wanted to end this with a cheap "Young Frankenstien" reference.</P>
<P>I:  Oh, that's right.</P>
--0-1228856340-1036968714=:86085--