[NEohioPAL]CCDT Benefit Bash This Sat. Nov 16th +

EPSAR at aol.com EPSAR at aol.com
Tue Nov 12 06:02:09 PST 2002

--part1_157.174d4d83.2b02134d_boundary

Usually, when you go to a benefit, you write a check and party for a cause.
After the night is over, you are never really sure, other than hearing some
kind words from someone in the organization thanking you for your attendance
and support, what the organization is really -- and I mean really -- all
about. Well, CCDT's Benefit Bash is a little different in that you will not
only party for a cause, and have a chance to look good doing so, but you will
witness their fine dancing and entertaining abilities. IOW, you will walk
away with a good idea on what and why your money was requested because you
will have experienced one of their performances.

Please join me and support CCDT by attending their first Christmas
Performance of The Night Before Christmas on Saturday, November 16th.
Additional performances are on Friday (8PM) and Sunday (3PM). This is a great
family experience opportunity if you are unable to attend Saturday's big
party.

This is a one weekend show only, and trust me, you won't want to miss this
one!
SRS

Cleveland Contemporary Dance Theatre (CCDT)
Presents

'The Night Before Christmas'

Reception and Benefit Performance
Saturday, November 16, 2002

Tri-C Eastern Campus Performing Arts Center
4250 Richmond Road, Highland Hills
(Free Parking)

CCDT transforms a holiday classic into a toe tapping, jazz inspired modern
day premiere production.
Performed to Duke Ellington's jazz version
of the Nutcracker Suite.

Conceived, directed and choreographed by Michael Medcalf.
Written by Cleveland playwright Margaret Lynch.

A story of a young sister and brother (Symphony and Paris) who are in the
foster care system and cared for by Mr. Pastor and his wife, Mother Pastor.

During a Christmas Eve service, Symphony falls asleep and is awakened by her
fairy godmother (FG) who tells the girl she may have three wishes granted.
Symphony wishes only to find her real parents so the family can all be
together again for Christmas.

This original newly developed theatrical production combines acting, singing
and of course fantastic dancing danced to the wonderful and jazzy 'Nutcracker
Suite' by Duke Ellington.

The Cast of 35 includes the main company, CONSORT members, students of SCCDT
and professional actors from the Cleveland community.
Sure to become a holiday favorite for years to come!

It's dance,
it's theatre,
and
it will entertain you!

Call 216-556-2471 for ticket and reservation information

Reception 6:30 PM, (includes wine and heavy hors d'oeuvres)
Performance 8:30 PM
Post performance "meet the dancers."
Tickets are $50

Sponsored in part by
Cleveland Clinic Health Systems,
Kaleidoscope Magazine
and
Radio One

Proceeds help to underwrite CCDT's programs.
Please help support Cleveland's arts.

CCDT's programming currently includes:
1. CCDT, the dance company;
2. CCDT, the school;
3. CONSORT - a life and literacy skills development program for
youth-at-risk;
4. Dance and Diversity - an educational program designed for presentation in
school and operated under the auspices of Young Audiences of Greater
Cleveland.

Additional media information can be obtained by contacting
Sarah Reinbolt-Staiger,
(epsar at aol.com /  avatararts at hotmail.com or calling 216-375-1502)

--part1_157.174d4d83.2b02134d_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><BODY BGCOLOR="#ffffff"><FONT  COLOR="#800080" style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=2 FAMILY="SCRIPT" FACE="Papyrus" LANG="0"><B>Usually, when you go to a benefit, you write a check and party for a cause. After the night is over, you are never really sure, other than hearing some kind words from someone in the organization thanking you for your attendance and support, what the organization is really -- and I mean <I>really</I> -- all about. Well, CCDT's Benefit Bash is a little different in that you will not only party for a cause, and have a chance to look good doing so, but you will witness their fine dancing and entertaining abilities. IOW, you will walk away with a good idea on what and why your money was requested because you will have experienced one of their performances. <BR>
<BR>
Please join me and support CCDT by attending their first Christmas Performance of The Night Before Christmas on Saturday, November 16th. Additional performances are on Friday (8PM) and Sunday (3PM). This is a great family experience opportunity if you are unable to attend Saturday's big party. <BR>
<BR>
This is a one weekend show only, and trust me, you won't want to miss this one!<BR>
SRS</FONT><FONT  COLOR="#800080" style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffff80" SIZE=4 FAMILY="SCRIPT" FACE="Papyrus" LANG="0"><BR>
<P ALIGN=CENTER><BR>
Cleveland Contemporary Dance Theatre (CCDT)</FONT><FONT  COLOR="#800080" style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=2 FAMILY="SCRIPT" FACE="Papyrus" LANG="0"><BR>
Presents<BR>
<BR>
</FONT><FONT  COLOR="#800080" style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=4 FAMILY="SCRIPT" FACE="Papyrus" LANG="0"><I>'The Night Before Christmas' </FONT><FONT  COLOR="#800080" style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=3 FAMILY="SCRIPT" FACE="Papyrus" LANG="0"><BR>
</FONT><FONT  COLOR="#800080" style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=2 FAMILY="SCRIPT" FACE="Papyrus" LANG="0"></I><BR>
</FONT><FONT  COLOR="#800080" style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=3 FAMILY="SCRIPT" FACE="Papyrus" LANG="0">Reception and Benefit Performance<BR>
Saturday, November 16, 2002</FONT><FONT  COLOR="#800080" style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=2 FAMILY="SCRIPT" FACE="Papyrus" LANG="0"><BR>
<BR>
Tri-C Eastern Campus Performing Arts Center<BR>
4250 Richmond Road, Highland Hills<BR>
(Free Parking)<BR>
<BR>
CCDT transforms a holiday classic into a toe tapping, jazz inspired modern day premiere production. <BR>
Performed to Duke Ellington's jazz version <BR>
of the Nutcracker Suite. <BR>
<BR>
Conceived, directed and choreographed by Michael Medcalf. <BR>
Written by Cleveland playwright Margaret Lynch.<BR>
<BR>
A story of a young sister and brother (Symphony and Paris) who are in the foster care system and cared for by Mr. Pastor and his wife, Mother Pastor. <BR>
<BR>
During a Christmas Eve service, Symphony falls asleep and is awakened by her fairy godmother (FG) who tells the girl she may have three wishes granted. Symphony wishes only to find her real parents so the family can all be together again for Christmas.  <BR>
<BR>
This original newly developed theatrical production combines acting, singing and of course fantastic dancing danced to the wonderful and jazzy 'Nutcracker Suite' by Duke Ellington. <BR>
<BR>
The Cast of 35 includes the main company, CONSORT members, students of SCCDT and professional actors from the Cleveland community.  <BR>
Sure to become a holiday favorite for years to come!<BR>
<BR>
</FONT><FONT  COLOR="#800080" style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ff8040" SIZE=2 FAMILY="SCRIPT" FACE="Papyrus" LANG="0">It's dance, <BR>
it's theatre, <BR>
and<BR>
it will entertain you!</FONT><FONT  COLOR="#800080" style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=2 FAMILY="SCRIPT" FACE="Papyrus" LANG="0"><BR>
<BR>
</FONT><FONT  COLOR="#800080" style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=4 FAMILY="SCRIPT" FACE="Papyrus" LANG="0">Call 216-556-2471 for ticket and reservation information</FONT><FONT  COLOR="#800080" style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=2 FAMILY="SCRIPT" FACE="Papyrus" LANG="0"><BR>
<BR>
Reception 6:30 PM, <I>(includes wine and heavy hors d'oeuvres)</I><BR>
Performance 8:30 PM<BR>
Post performance "meet the dancers." <BR>
Tickets are $50<BR>
<BR>
Sponsored in part by <BR>
Cleveland Clinic Health Systems, <BR>
<I>Kaleidoscope </I>Magazine <BR>
and <BR>
Radio One<BR>
<BR>
Proceeds help to underwrite CCDT's programs. <BR>
Please help support Cleveland's arts.<BR>
<BR>
CCDT's programming currently includes: <BR>
<P ALIGN=LEFT>1. CCDT</B>, the dance company; <B><BR>
2. CCDT</B>,<B> </B>the school; <B><BR>
3. CONSORT - </B>a life and literacy skills development program for youth-at-risk;<B><BR>
4. Dance and Diversity - </B>an educational program designed for presentation in school and operated under the auspices of Young Audiences of Greater Cleveland.<B><BR>
<BR>
<P ALIGN=CENTER><I>Additional media information can be obtained by contacting <BR>
Sarah Reinbolt-Staiger, <BR>
(epsar at aol.comavatararts at hotmail.com or calling 216-375-1502) </B></I><BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<P ALIGN=LEFT></FONT><FONT  COLOR="#000000" style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=2 FAMILY="SCRIPT" FACE="Papyrus" LANG="0"><BR>
</P></P></P></P></FONT></HTML>
--part1_157.174d4d83.2b02134d_boundary--