[NEohioPAL]This Week at the Oberlin Conservatory of Music

Marci Janas pjanas at oberlin.edu
Fri Nov 15 18:15:46 PST 2002

--==========01245923==========

Hello, everyone.

Here is your weekly digest of news and events from the Oberlin Conservatory
of Music at Oberlin College.

Please mark your calendars for two live broadcasts next week:

On Tuesday, Nov. 19 at 8 p.m., WCLV (104.9 FM and wclv.com) will broadcast
the Oberlin Chamber Orchestra, conducted by Steven Smith, with pianist Mark
Barden, in concert at Finney Chapel. Barden, a winner of this year's
Concerto Competition, will perform Alfred Schnittke's Concerto for Piano
and Strings. Also on the program: J.C. Bach's Sinfonia Op. 18, No. 3 for
Double Orchestra, Igor Stravinsky's Danses Concertantes, and Darius
Milhaud's Le Boeuf sur le toit, Op. 58.

The following evening, Wednesday, Nov. 20 at 9 p.m., WCPN (90.3 FM and
wcpn.org) will broadcast the second half of a program of music honoring the
poet Langston Hughes--the Oberlin Jazz Ensemble performing Oberlin faculty
member Wendell Logan's Ask Your Mama in Finney Chapel.

Two great reasons to stay at home only if you can't make it to Oberlin.
Both concerts are free and open to the public.

Tickets for violinist Hilary Hahn are flying out of the box office; if you
haven't reserved your seats yet, call 440.775.8169 before it's too late.

For other news and features from Oberlin, please visit our web site:

http://www.oberlin.edu/con/

And log-on to our electronic calendar of events for a complete listing of
upcoming concerts and recitals:

http://www.oberlin.edu/cgi-bin/cgiwrap/events/cal_conservatory.pl

I hope that you find this information useful as you plan your coverage of
the music world. Should you have any questions or comments, please let me
know. I would love to hear from you.

Marci Janas
Director of Conservatory Media Relations
Oberlin Conservatory of Music
39 West College Street
Oberlin, OH  44074
vox: 440-775-8328
fax: 440-776-3006
marci.janas at oberlin.edu
www.oberlin.edu
--==========01245923==========

Here is your weekly digest of news and events from the Oberlin Conservatory =
of Music at Oberlin College.

Please mark your calendars for two live broadcasts next week:

wclv.com)</bold> will broadcast the <bold>Oberlin Chamber Orchestra, =
conducted by Steven Smith, with pianist Mark Barden</bold>, in concert at =
Finney Chapel. Barden, a winner of this year's Concerto Competition, will =
perform Alfred Schnittke's <italic>Concerto for Piano and String</italic>s. =
Also on the program: J.C. Bach's <italic>Sinfonia</italic> Op. 18, No. 3 =
for Double Orchestra, Igor Stravinsky's <italic>Danses =
Concertantes</italic>, and Darius Milhaud's <italic>Le Boeuf sur le =
toit</italic>, Op. 58.

The following evening,<bold> Wednesday, Nov. 20 at 9 p.m., WCPN (90.3 FM =
and wcpn.org)</bold> will broadcast the second half of a program of music =
Ensemble</bold> performing Oberlin faculty member <bold>Wendell Logan's =
Chapel.<italic>

marci.janas at oberlin.edu

www.oberlin.edu</flushleft></fontfamily>