[NEohioPAL]Winter Solstice Party at Powerhouse Pub in the Flats, December 22

Oonawolf at aol.com Oonawolf at aol.com
Tue Dec 17 20:15:15 PST 2002

Happy Holidays from Drumplay, winner of the Cleveland Free Times Music
Awards, Best World Music Act 2002.

It would be a gas if you all could come out to a free (but pass the hat)
celebration of the season with a potluck dinner for and by the poetry
community of Cleveland and beyond.  Performance by Drumplay featuring
Cuyahoga County poet laureate, Daniel Thompson, as well as by special guests,
will humbly be offered for your entertainment and reflection.  All this at
the Powerhouse Pub in the Flats, 2000 Sycamore, Cleveland, beginning at 7:00
p.m., this Sunday, December 22, 2002.

Drumplay is very honored to be co-hosting this event with Ray McNiece and
other groovies; and we hope that you will attend this unique event.  'Tis the
Season to Come Together and Love Each Other.  You will also have a chance to
wish Daniel Thompson a bon voyage as he will be leaving for Arizona shortly
within the first few weeks of the new year.

We will have our new CD "Under the Map of the World Where I Sleep" available
at the party, which features recordings made during Drumplay's first European
tour.  There is a companion to this CD - a beautiful poster of Daniel
Thompson's poetry against a collage of photos taken of Drumplay at the venue
in Verviers, Belgium, the Spirit of 66.  As a launching point for a roadtrip,
Drumplay will be doing a series of gigs in the Midwest before embarking on
the legendary Route 66 with Daniel Thompson enroute to his new winter home in
2003.

It would be nice if everyone who has ever been touched by Daniel's poetry
could come together to celebrate LIFE - as we move towards longer days and
better weather to come.  If you would like to help out with a potluck dish to
share, please let everyone know via this e-group.  And feel free to call me
at 216-429-1152, if you have any questions.  Also, Ray McNiece is back in
town and is helping to coordinate Sunday's celebration.  Peace.

James Onysko