[NEohioPAL]ART AT DOBAMA THEATRE -- Go Figure by Gene Epstein opens January 16th!

Marjorie Preston, PR/Marketing Director mpreston at dobama.org
Wed Jan 8 17:40:17 PST 2003

ART AT DOBAMA THEATRE -- Go Figure by Gene Epstein opens January 16th!

In DOBAMA THEATRE’s Warren Smith Gallery
Go Figure
Oils, sculpture, collage and watercolor by Gene Epstein
January 16-February 9

Dobama’s featured gallery artist for January is Gene Epstein.  Epstein has
many labels - jazz bass player, artist, educator, exhibit developer, graphic
designer...

She received her Bachelor of Arts degree from Oberlin College and her Master
of Fine Arts degree from Kent State University.  Her work has been exhibited
throughout the Midwest and has won many awards in both sculpture and
painting.  You can hear her on jazz bass most Tuesday evenings at The Tavern
Company on Lee Road in Cleveland Heights.

Epstein says, “It doesn't matter now who I think I am, where I've been or
whether others will like what I'm doing.  All that matters now is the color,
the forms, the concept, the relationship between me and the art.  As in
friendships, it is the relationships themselves that matter, not the labels
we use.”

Dobama’s Warren Smith Gallery, located at 1846 Coventry Road in Cleveland
Heights, is open before and after performances of The Tale of the Allergist’
s Wife and by appointment.

At Dobama Theatre:
The Tale of the Allergist’s Wife
by Charles Busch
Directed by Fred Sternfeld
Dobama Theatre, 1846 Coventry Road in Cleveland Heights, proudly presents
the OHIO premiere of The Tale of the Allergist’s Wife by Charles Busch.  New
Yorker Marjorie Taub finds herself in a mid-life crisis – until her
mysterious childhood friend arrives.

featuring Laura Perrotta*, Rajiv Punja, Myrtle Silverman, Jeanne Task and
Greg Violand*
*member Actors’ Equity Association

Performances:
Special Dinner Theatre Sneak Preview January 16th!
January 17 - February 9
Thursday, Friday and Saturday at 8:00 p.m.
Sunday 1/19 at 7:30 p.m.; 1/26, 2/2 and 2/9 at 2:30 p.m.

For more information, call Dobama Theatre at (216) 932-6838.
For reservations, call Dobama’s box office at (216) 932-3396.

DOBAMATHEATREDOBAMATHEATREDOBAMATHEATREDOBAMATHEATREDOBAMATHEATREDOBAMATHEAT
REDOBAMATHEATREDOBAMATHEATREDOBAMATHEATRE

Dobama Theatre is proud to present "The Tale of the Allergist's Wife" by
Charles Busch, January 17-February 9!  Directed by Fred Sternfeld.  Special
SNEAK PREVIEW January 16th!

Upcoming productions:
IN THE BLOOD
By Suzan-Lori Parks, Directed by Sonya Robbins
featuring RaSheryl McCreary
March 7-30

RAISED IN CAPTIVITY
By Nicky Silver, Directed by Russ Borski
April 25-May 18

THE 25th ANNUAL MARILYN BIANCHI KIDS' PLAYWRITING FESTIVAL
Benefit Night June 5
FREE Performances June 6-8

13th ANNUAL OWEN KELLY ADOPT-A-PLAYWRIGHT PROGRAM
June 27-29

For reservations, call Dobama's box office line: (216) 932-3396.