[NEohioPAL]Goodbye from Mike and ike

Jeff Holland profbobo at neo.rr.com
Fri Jan 17 05:42:02 PST 2003

------=_NextPart_000_0068_01C2BDC5.504C9B80

My name is Jeff Holland and, as most of you are aware, I have been =
writing the Mike and Ike reviews on this list for the past year.

As with Joe Bob Briggs, another entertainment satirist, I have received =
both good and bad responses to my pieces.  Lately however, the emails =
have been more negative than positive and, not only negative, they have =
been downright nasty and personal, something I have never been in a =
review.  (I will point out that the only local actor I have ever =
criticized is myself).

I thought people got it.

I was wrong.

So, I'm done. =20

To the fans I have, thank you so very much for your support.  It has =
been a joy getting every one of your letters.  At least I know some =
people understood.  If you are interested, please email me at =
rdoughnuts at yahoo.com.  If I get enough responses,  maybe I'll start my =
own e-newsletter for Mike and Ike to review theatre,  movies, books, =
whatever I feel like.

To everyone else,  congratulations.  You won.  You will never see my =
name on this list again.  It's just not worth it anymore.

It's been a fun ride, but now I feel like I'm in Final Destination 3.

Goodbye

------=_NextPart_000_0068_01C2BDC5.504C9B80

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY style=3D"COLOR: #000000; FONT-FAMILY: Arial" bgColor=3D#f0e8d8>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>My name is Jeff Holland and, as most of you are =
aware, I have=20
been writing the Mike and Ike reviews on this list for the past=20
year.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT> </DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>As with Joe Bob Briggs, another entertainment =
satirist, I have=20
received both good and bad responses to my pieces.  Lately =
however,=20
the emails have been more negative than positive and, not only negative, =
they=20
have been downright nasty and personal, something I=20
have never been in a review.  (I will point out that the =
only=20
local actor I have ever criticized is myself).</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT> </DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>I thought people got it.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT> </DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>I was wrong.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT> </DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>So, I'm done.  </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT> </DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>To the fans I have, thank you so very much for your=20
support.  It has been a joy getting every one of your =
letters.  At=20
least I know some people understood.  If you are interested, please =
email=20
me at <A =
href=3D"mailto:rdoughnuts at yahoo.com">rdoughnuts at yahoo.com</A>.  If =
I=20
get enough responses,  maybe I'll start my own e-newsletter=20
for Mike and Ike to review theatre,  movies, books, whatever=20
I feel like.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT> </DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>To everyone else,  congratulations.  You =
won. =20
You will never see my name on this list again.  It's just not =
worth it=20
anymore.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT> </DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>It's been a fun ride, but now I feel like I'm =
in Final=20
Destination 3.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT> </DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Goodbye</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0068_01C2BDC5.504C9B80--