[NEohioPAL]"Robbie: The Robbie Kirkland Story" screening at the Foxgrape Film Series on February 1st at 9pm in Oberlin

Alexcine at aol.com Alexcine at aol.com
Mon Jan 27 15:49:44 PST 2003

Foxgrape Film Series: Saturday February 1st, 9:00 @ The Foxgrape Cafe
19 West College Street, Oberlin, Ohio 44074
http://foxgrapefilmseries.tripod.com/index.htm

This week features attending filmmaker, Edward Lusk, along with his cast, crew and the movie "Robbie: The Robbie Kirkland Story."

"At first, I was not looking to produce my own work," says Mr. Lusk." I formed Edgewater Films to make a digital video with someone else's script. I solicited screenplays, but did not settle on one I really could commit my heart to. I stumbled upon Robbie's story when reading a story in The Plain Dealer about using religion to cure gays. Robbie's mother, Leslie, was featured in the article as against the idea. This prompted me to go to Robbie's web site at http://lgcsc.org/robkirkland/.  What really drew me in was his poetry. This gift he left behind help me better understand the character I had never met. It really helped in making inner turmoil a theme in the screenplay.

"Robbie" is a story about the struggle for acceptance, acceptance by our friends, family, faith and most importantly, ourselves. I hope you will learn from his story and tell others about it."

Mr. Lusk  has acted in, or produced local plays in Brecksville, Independence and Brunswick. This spring he will graduate from Cleveland State's creative writing program with a Bachelor's degree in English.

All are welcome to attend the free screening at the Foxgrape Cafe
Saturday February 1st, 9:00 at 19 West College Street, Oberlin, Ohio 44074

MORE NEWS ON THE FOXGRAPE FILM SERIES
>From Artistic Director Alex Morrison
"Hope to see you all this week, news will be forthcoming on possible screenings at Campus Video and an Anti-Valentine's Day screening for all you lovers out there on Valentine's Day."

Foxgrape Film Series
http://foxgrapefilmseries.tripod.com/index.htm
A weekly screening of diverse works, bringing together the community and students.
Artistic Director Alex Morrison
http://members.tripod.com/alexmorrison/index.htm