[NEohioPAL]Actors' Summit Presents ANDROCLES AND THE LION!

Thackaberr at aol.com Thackaberr at aol.com
Mon Feb 10 17:48:40 PST 2003

--part1_1e2.1a023d0.2b7991b6_boundary

For Immediate Release
For additional information contact:
Neil Thackaberry 330-342-0800
Hudson, Ohio
February 10, 2003
Actors' Summit presents
Androcles and the Lion
A Fable of Friendhip and Freedom for Young Audiences
February 13 - February 22 on Hudson stage
The fable Androcles and the Lion opens at 10 a.m. Thursday, February 13 at
Actors' Summit Theater and continues through February 22, 2003, at 10 a.m.
Thursdays and Fridays and 10 a.m. and 1 p.m. Saturdays.  This version of the
classic fable is presented in the style of the Italian Commedia dell 'arte.
The performances will take place at the Actors' Summit Theater, 86 Owen Brown
Street in Hudson. The theater seats 150 with the furthest seat being in the
fifth row.

The Show
Androcles is a slave who is abused by his master, Pantalone. Androcles is
trying to help two young lovers , Isabella and Lelio. In order to make sure
that his niece will not run off with her boyfriend, Pantalone hires the
Captain to guard her. Androcles outwits the Captain and helps the lovers to
elope. In the forest, Androcles encounters the Lion who is limping from a
thorn in its paw. Androcles does the good deed of removing the thorn and is
rewarded by the Lion's help in escaping his master. With lots of chases and
roaring and tricks, the play is a riot. It is best suited for children ages 4
- 12.

The Cast
Androcles is performed by John Fairbairn, Laura Eves plays Isabella, Matt
Dumont is Lelio, David Funk is the Captain, Amy Sindyla is the Lion, and
MaryJo Alexander plays Pantalone.

Performance Dates and Tickets

Androcles and the Lion runs from February 13 through February 22, 2003, at 10
a.m. Thursdays and Fridays and 10 a.m. and 1 p.m. Saturdays. All tickets are
$8. Group discounts are available.
Also at Actors' Summit

Performances of Charley's Aunt continue through February 16, at 8 p.m.
Thursday, Friday and Saturday, and 3:30 p.m. Sunday. Tickets are $25 Fridays
and Saturdays and $22 Thursdays and Sundays. Students and Seniors receive a
$4 discount. Group discounts are available.

Moliere's classic comedy, Tartuffe, in a new translation by Wayne S. Turney
opens March 6.

Web site
Actors Summit Theater can be found on the web at www.actorssummit.org.
Actors' Summit is a professional, nonprofit, 501-c-3 arts organization.
Actors' Summit is a member of PACT, The Professional Alliance of Cleveland
Theaters.

Actors' Summit is working under a developmental agreement with Actors' Equity
Association (the Union of professional Actors and Stage managers).

--part1_1e2.1a023d0.2b7991b6_boundary

=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0">For Immediate Release <BR>
For additional information contact: <BR>
Neil Thackaberry 330-342-0800 <BR>
Hudson, Ohio <BR>
February 10, 2003<BR>
<P ALIGN=3DCENTER></FONT><FONT  COLOR=3D"#ff0000" style=3D"BACKGROUND-COLOR:=
 #ffffff" SIZE=3D3 FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" FACE=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0"><B>Actors'=
 Summit presents<BR>
Androcles and the Lion<BR>
A Fable of Friendhip and Freedom for Young Audiences<BR>
February 13 - February 22 on Hudson stage </FONT><FONT  COLOR=3D"#000000" st=
yle=3D"BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=3D2 FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" FACE=3D"Aria=
l" LANG=3D"0"></B><BR>
<P ALIGN=3DLEFT>The fable <B><I>Androcles and the Lion</B></I> opens at 10 a=
.m. Thursday, February 13 at Actors' Summit Theater and continues through Fe=
bruary 22, 2003, at 10 a.m. Thursdays and Fridays and 10 a.m. and 1 p.m. Sat=
urdays.  This version of the classic fable is presented in the style of=
 the Italian Commedia dell 'arte. The performances will take place at the Ac=
tors' Summit Theater, 86 Owen Brown Street in Hudson. The theater seats 150=20=
with the furthest seat being in the fifth row.<BR>
<BR>
<B>The Show</B><BR>
Androcles is a slave who is abused by his master, Pantalone. Androcles is tr=
ying to help two young lovers , Isabella and Lelio. In order to make sure th=
at his niece will not run off with her boyfriend, Pantalone hires the Captai=
n to guard her. Androcles outwits the Captain and helps the lovers to elope.=
 In the forest, Androcles encounters the Lion who is limping from a thorn in=
 its paw. Androcles does the good deed of removing the thorn and is rewarded=
 by the Lion's help in escaping his master. With lots of chases and roaring=20=
and tricks, the play is a riot. It is best suited for children ages 4 - 12.=20=
<BR>
<BR>
<B>The Cast</B><BR>
Androcles is performed by John Fairbairn, Laura Eves plays Isabella, Matt Du=
mont is Lelio, David Funk is the Captain, Amy Sindyla is the Lion, and MaryJ=
o Alexander plays Pantalone.<BR>
<BR>
<B>Performance Dates and Tickets</B><BR>
<BR>
<B><I>Androcles and the Lion</B></I> runs from February 13 through February=20=
22, 2003, at 10 a.m. Thursdays and Fridays and 10 a.m. and 1 p.m. Saturdays.=
 All tickets are $8. Group discounts are available.<BR>
Also at Actors' Summit<BR>
<BR>
Performances of <B><I>Charley's Aunt</B></I> continue through February 16, a=
t 8 p.m. Thursday, Friday and Saturday, and 3:30 p.m. Sunday. Tickets are $2=
5 Fridays and Saturdays and $22 Thursdays and Sundays. Students and Seniors=20=
receive a $4 discount. Group discounts are available. <BR>
<BR>
Moliere's classic comedy, <B><I>Tartuffe</B></I>, in a new translation by Wa=
yne S. Turney opens March 6.<BR>
<BR>
Web site <BR>
Actors Summit Theater can be found on the web at www.actorssummit.org. Actor=
s' Summit is a professional, nonprofit, 501-c-3 arts organization. <BR>
Actors' Summit is a member of PACT, The Professional Alliance of Cleveland T=
heaters.<BR>
<BR>
Actors' Summit is working under a developmental agreement with Actors' Equit=
y Association (the Union of professional Actors and Stage managers).</P></P>=
</FONT></HTML>

--part1_1e2.1a023d0.2b7991b6_boundary--