[NEohioPAL]Local Filmmaker at City Club-We need Artisits!

Julie Konrad jkonrad at internal.greatlakestheater.org
Tue Mar 4 11:48:14 PST 2003

Please come and participate in this incredible discussion on The Importance
of Filmmaking in Cleveland. There will be a wonderful opporunity to ask
questions during the Q&A and WE NEED YOUR VOICE!

Cleveland On The Silver Screen:
A Panel Discussion On The Importance Of Filmmaking in Cleveland
To Be Held At The City Club of Cleveland March 19th

A panel discussion on the importance of filmmaking in Cleveland as it
pertains to economic development; local talent and city pride will be held
at The City Club of Cleveland on Wednesday, March 19th from 5:30pm - 7:30pm.
A cocktail reception begins at 5:30pm with the program beginning at 6:15pm.

Panelists include; former Case Western Reserve University film professor,
Louis Giannetti, local screenwriter and director David Manocchio*, and a
representative from the Cleveland AFTRA/SAG union.

Panelists will discuss the reasons Hollywood film directors are choosing
Cleveland as the location for future films, how movies filmed in our city
effect area businesses, how the number of incredibly talented actors, and
production crew in our city have continued to find work here and why they
choose to stay in Cleveland. The discussion will end with a question and
answer session with the panelists.

Tickets to this event are $10 for City Club members and $20 for non-members.
Hors d'oeurves will be provided and a cash bar is available. Tickets can be
purchased at the door or in advance by calling The City Club at
216-621-0082.

The City Club is located at East Ninth Street and Euclid Avenue. APCOA
parking is available next to the building.

*David Manocchio's feature film Haywire has been selected as part of The
Cleveland International Film Festival and will be shown on Monday, March 24,
2003 at 7:15 pm at The Tower City Cinemas, Tower City Center. For tickets to
the film call 1-800-766-6048 or visit wwww.clevelandfilm.org.

For more information please contact:
Julie L. Konrad
216-381-8974