[NEohioPAL]Film panel at City Club 3/19, Please come support this discussion

Julie Konrad jlk55 at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 14 10:22:46 PST 2003

Hurry, order your tickets TODAY seating is limited!!!

Cleveland On The Silver Screen:

The Importance Of Filmmaking in Cleveland as it pertains to economic
development, local talent and city pride.

March 19th, 2003

5:30 pm hors d’oeuvres and a cash bar
6:15 pm program
7:00 pm audience Q & A
7:30 pm conclusion

Moderator:
former Case Western Reserve University film professor, Lou Giannetti

Panelists:
Chris Carmody of the Greater Cleveland Film Commission
David Manocchio* local screenwriter and director, created Haywire a film at
this year’s Cleveland International Film Festival
Cathy Nowlin, the AFTRA/SAG union.

What are the reasons Hollywood film directors are choosing Cleveland as the
location for films? What are the economics behind this creative industry,
and how does filmmaking in our region effect our culture? There are a number
of incredibly talented actors and production crews in Cleveland who choose
to stay in Cleveland because of the work that’s offered here. Find out more
about this industry cluster in Northeast Ohio and how you can tap into it.

Tickets are $10 for City Club members and $20 for non-members.  Please call
The City Club at 216-621-0082 for reservations.

The City Club is located at 850 Euclid Avenue on the 2nd Floor. (East Ninth
Street and Euclid Avenue.)
APCOA parking is available next to the building.