[NEohioPAL]Ides of March strikes Weathervane Playhouse

WcpAkron at aol.com WcpAkron at aol.com
Tue Mar 18 12:25:11 PST 2003

--part1_5f.36a87f9e.2ba8b584_boundary

Blame it on the Ides????
A note from Weathervane Playhouse=E2=80=A6
=20

At Weathervane Playhouse last Friday, the cast of Shakespeare's Hamlet was=20
just finishing up their final rehearsal - blocking the curtain call - for th=
e=20
final Youth/Family production of the 2002-2003 season which opened Saturday,=
=20
March 15 to an enthusiastic audience.  Marci Paolucci, who plays Gertrude=20
(Hamlet's mother), took a step off the multi-level platformed set during the=
=20
blackout, fell and broke her right foot.

Believing that "the show must go on," Marci headed out for treatment and=20
returned on Saturday in a cast up to her knee forging ahead to do the show.=20=
=20
Scenic Designer/Technical Director Alan Scott Ferrall removed several=20
platforms from the set and Sean McConaha, Director of the production (also=20
Weathervane's Director of Education and Producer of Youth Productions) led=20
the mostly teenage cast in a reblocking session before the 2:30 p.m. curtain=
.

Marci is acting her part from a wheelchair assisted by another member of the=
=20
cast.  "All's well that ends well."

--part1_5f.36a87f9e.2ba8b584_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=3Darial,helvetica><P ALIGN=3DCENTER><FONT  COLOR=3D"#0000ff=
" SIZE=3D6>Blame it on the Ides????</FONT><FONT  COLOR=3D"#000000" SIZE=3D2=20=
FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" FACE=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0">
<BR><I>A note from Weathervane Playhouse=E2=80=A6</I>
<BR><P ALIGN=3DLEFT>=20
<BR>
<BR>At Weathervane Playhouse last Friday, the cast of Shakespeare's <I>Hamle=
t</I> was just finishing up their final rehearsal - blocking the curtain cal=
l - for the final Youth/Family production of the 2002-2003 season which open=
ed Saturday, March 15 to an enthusiastic audience.  <B>Marci Paolucci</=
B>, who plays Gertrude (Hamlet's mother), took a step off the multi-level pl=
atformed set during the blackout, fell and broke her right foot.
<BR>
<BR>Believing that "the show must go on," Marci headed out for treatment and=
 returned on Saturday in a cast up to her knee forging ahead to do the show.=
  Scenic Designer/Technical Director <B>Alan Scott Ferrall</B> removed=20=
several platforms from the set and <B>Sean McConaha</B>, Director of the pro=
duction (also Weathervane's Director of Education and Producer of Youth Prod=
uctions) led the mostly teenage cast in a reblocking session before the 2:30=
 p.m. curtain.
<BR>
<BR><P ALIGN=3DCENTER>Marci is acting her part from a wheelchair assisted by=
 another member of the cast.  <I>"All's well that ends well."</I></P></=