[NEohioPAL]WARNING: The Economy Stinks!

Linda Eisenstein herone at en.com
Sat Mar 22 19:22:43 PST 2003

I'm heartened by both Kato's and Martin's comments -- because there is an
arts crisis going on here in NE Ohio with budgets and seasons shrinking
for theatres, dance companies, etc.    <br><br>
I'm wondering whether the crisis can also bring opportunity -- that is,
for artists to do some do-it-yourself projects.  Can the theatres
that have had to suspend their seasons make their spaces available to
area artists for events?  Play readings?  Fundraisers for those
theatres and small production companies?  <br><br>
Like Kato, I hate to see spaces going dark all over town just as the
disturbing political landscape makes us want -- yea, need -- to gather
and witness and let art provoke us and uplift us.  <br><br>
The Lysistrata events that happened all over the world showed that we can
make important public art events happen on no budget.  Maybe that
needs to continue, and this list can serve as a way to bring folks
together to faciliate that.<br><br>
Linda Eisenstein <br>
<x-sigsep><p></x-sigsep>
--<br>
Linda Eisenstein     herone at en.com
<i>Becoming George</i> (concert rdg), Royal George Theatre, Chicago, IL,
Mar. 3<br>
<i>Three the Hard Way</i>, New Edgecliff Theatre, Cincinnati, OH, Mar.
6-23,
Writers' Theatre, Bakehouse, Adelaide, AU, April 27<br>
<i>Pig Patter, </i>Quickies Festival, Live Girls!, Seattle, WA, June
12-28<br>
<i>Discordia, </i>Cleveland Public Theatre, Cleveland, OH, Oct. 17-Nov.
8,
</u>2003 Ohio Arts Council Individual Artist Fellowship in Playwriting,
Ten-Minute Plays</i> (Vintage)<br>