[NEohioPAL]PERFORMANCE WORKSHOPS WITH HOLLYWOOD TV DIRECTOR!

Helene & Ray Tomecko raytom at en.com
Mon Mar 31 08:26:27 PST 2003

--B_3131941887_43695

ACTORS -PLEASE TAKE NOTE AND PLAN TO ATTEND!

 Hone your skills, learn how to market yourself, get tips from the pros!

PERFORMANCE TRACK WORKSHOPS & Media Communications Seminar
 Co-Sponsored by Cleveland AFTRA and MCA-I.

Thursday - April 3, 2003 - 8:00AM to 4:00PM
Hilton Garden Inn - Cleveland Gateway
1100 Carnegie Ave., Cleveland, OH 44115

Featured Guest Speaker Harvey Laidman
Director of TV shows such as =B3Matlock,=B2 =B3JAG,=B2 =B37th Heaven=B2 & more!
PLUS morning and afternoon seminars on media business,
performance and technology

Schedule of Events:

8:00 AM - Noon Registration

8:00 - 9:30 AM Session 1  -Performance Track:

Power Networking & Self-Marketing for Talent=B2 - presented by Phil Stella,
Effective Training & Communications, Inc. This workshop will help
professional talent enhance their marketing efforts with four simple and
inexpensive strategies
to create and expand positive exposure and promote name recognition in the
market place:
* The Power of Networking - creating business relationships that can grow
your business.
* The Power of the Pen - writing articles in business and media
publications.
* The Power of the Platform - delivering presentations for association
audiences.
* The Power of the Pro Bono - strategic volunteer activity for business,
civic and=20
association groups.

This lively, interactive and valuable learning experience includes many
simple=20
"Keepers" you can begin using quickly. Our presenter, veteran communicator,
producer and speaker Phil Stella, is a resource for business people
who want to communicate with more power and success. He specializes in
writing and producing videos for training, employee communication and
marketing and=20
delivering workshops and presentations on a variety of communication skill
topics.=20
He has delivered hundreds of workshops for clients and professional groups
around the
country, and has also written numerous articles on networking in industry
and professional group publications.

9:30 =AD 11:00 AM Session 2  -Performance Track: Secrets of the Experts
Revealed -=20
Panel Discussion presented by AFTRA, (American Federation of Television and
Radio Artists) With a combined total of 95 years of AFTRA membership, the
=B3Secrets=B2=20
panelists feature local active professional actors and voiceover talent
willing to share=20
their secrets for success.

The panel will be moderated by Helene Weinberg, talent and founder of
Out to Lunch Events, customized comedy and entertainment for the working
world.=20

The panelists include: Mike Kraft: a native Clevelander and full-time
professional performer since 1981. He has appeared in over 1000 industrial
training films, hundreds of television and radio commercials and numerous
live performances. He is also the host of General Motor=B9s distance learning
events, and moderates live interactive webcasts for Ernst & Young and NASA.

Cathy Albers:  Associate professor of Theatre at Case Western Reserve
University,=20
teaches in the undergrad and graduate MFA programs. She also works
with lawyers in communication skills and does voiceover work.

Fred Gloor:  Fred  has an extensive background in improv as well as doing
on-camera and voiceover work and has a rich background working both
as an on camera talent, as well as a voiceover artist.

Dianne Palmer: Ms. Palmer has been seen and heard in radio and TV
commercials all over the United States & Canada for the past 25 years.
Winning many awards for her client's commercials, her voice ranges from
 sultry to silly. Her work extends into industrial narration and singing,

Noon - 1:30 PM Luncheon with Keynote Speaker Harvey Laidman

Do the following shows bring back memories? =B3Quincy=B2 - =B3Eight is Enough=B2 -
 =B3Chips=B2 - =B3Lou Grant=B2 - =B3The Incredible Hulk=B2 - =B3JAG=B2 - =B37th Heaven=B2
These are just a few of the television shows our featured speaker has
directed. Through the years, Harvey Laidman has worked with numerous
Hollywood notables, from Andy Griffith to Tom Selleck, from Kate Jackson to
Michelle Lee.=20
Born and raised in Shaker Heights, Ohio, Harvey is returning to Cleveland
as our Keynote Speaker as well as conducting the afternoon actor=B9s seminar.

2:00 - 3:30 PM Session 3- Performance Track - =B3Tips from the Hollywood
Director=B2
Presented by Harvey Laidman

If you=B9re an actor or would just like to get into the mind of a Los Angeles
TV director,=20
you won=B9t want to miss this session. You are encouraged to bring 2-3 minute
readings (either in groups or for single performance) for critique. Actors
and future directors
will also receive tips on how to catch a director=B9s eye. This session is
sure to fill quickly!

Please see the enclosed reservation form for pricing and reservation
information. Space is limited. Make your reservations TODAY!

Fees and Registration Form:
(Please indicate which sessions you will be attending.)
$25 per session; $25 for luncheon; All day - $85 (Save $15)

Student Rate: $12.50 per session; $25 for luncheon
(or $6 to observe Keynote speech with no lunch)
(option available to students only)

Total Due: $_______________
Name______________________________ Company___________________________
Phone__________________
Address____________________________________________________________________=
_
__

Mail this form with your payment to: MCA-I Greater Cleveland Chapter,
3487 Center Road, Suite 6C, Brunswick, OH 44212

Or enter your charge card information and fax to the MCA-I office at
330-220-7914.

Name on Card:_________________________________
Card Number___________________________________ Expiration Date:____________=
_
The charge will appear as =B3J & M Business Solutions=B2 on your credit card
bill.
Or you may charge your reservation by phone at the MCA-I office:
330-273-5756.
Please make copies of this form to make reservations for additional
attendees.

--B_3131941887_43695

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>PERFORMANCE WORKSHOPS WITH HOLLYWOOD TV DIRECTOR!</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<FONT FACE=3D"Verdana"><H5>ACTORS -PLEASE TAKE NOTE AND PLAN TO ATTEND!<BR>
<BR>
</H5><FONT SIZE=3D"2"><B> </B></FONT><B><I>Hone your skills, learn how to mar=
ket yourself, get tips from the pros!<BR>
</I></B><H5><BR>
PERFORMANCE TRACK WORKSHOPS & Media Communications Seminar<BR>
 Co-Sponsored by Cleveland AFTRA and MCA-I.<BR>
</H5><FONT SIZE=3D"2"><BR>
</FONT><H5>Thursday - April 3, 2003 - 8:00AM to 4:00PM<BR>
</H5><FONT SIZE=3D"2">Hilton Garden Inn - Cleveland Gateway<BR>
1100 Carnegie Ave., Cleveland, OH 44115<BR>
<BR>
<B><U>Featured Guest Speaker</U></B><U> <B>Harvey Laidman<BR>
</B></U>Director of TV shows such as “Matlock,” “JAG,&#82=
21; “7th Heaven” & more!<BR>
PLUS morning and afternoon seminars on media business,<BR>
performance and technology<BR>
<BR>
</FONT><H5><U>Schedule of Events:<BR>
</U></H5><FONT SIZE=3D"2"><BR>
</FONT><H5>8:00 AM - Noon Registration<BR>
<BR>
</H5><FONT SIZE=3D"2"><B>8:00 - 9:30 AM Session 1</B>  -Performance Trac=
k:<BR>
<BR>
<B><U>Power Networking & Self-Marketing for Talent”</U></B> - pre=
sented by <B>Phil Stella</B>, <BR>
Effective Training & Communications, Inc. This workshop will help profe=
ssional talent enhance their marketing efforts with four simple and inexpens=
ive strategies <BR>
to create and expand positive exposure and promote name recognition in the<=

market place:<BR>
* The Power of Networking - creating business relationships that can grow y=
our business.<BR>
* The Power of the Pen - writing articles in business and media publication=
s.<BR>
* The Power of the Platform - delivering presentations for association audi=
ences.<BR>
* The Power of the Pro Bono - strategic volunteer activity for business, ci=
vic and <BR>
association groups.<BR>
<BR>
This lively, interactive and valuable learning experience includes many sim=
ple <BR>
"Keepers" you can begin using quickly. Our presenter, veteran com=
municator, <BR>
producer and speaker Phil Stella, is a resource for business people<BR>
who want to communicate with more power and success. He specializes in writ=
ing and producing videos for training, employee communication and marketing =
and <BR>
delivering workshops and presentations on a variety of communication skill =
topics. <BR>
He has delivered hundreds of workshops for clients and professional groups =
around the<BR>
country, and has also written numerous articles on networking in industry a=
nd professional group publications.<BR>
<BR>
<B><U>9:30 – 11:00 AM Session 2</U></B><U>  -Performance Track: =
<B>Secrets of the Experts Revealed</B> -</U> <BR>
Panel Discussion presented by <B>AFTRA</B>, (American Federation of Televis=
ion and Radio Artists) With a combined total of 95 years of AFTRA membership=
, the “Secrets” <BR>
panelists feature local active professional actors and voiceover talent wil=
ling to share <BR>
their secrets for success. <BR>
<BR>
The panel will be moderated by <B>Helene Weinberg,</B> talent and founder o=
f <BR>
<B>Out to Lunch Events</B>, customized comedy and entertainment for the wor=
king world. <BR>
<BR>
The panelists include:<B> Mike Kraft: </B>a native Clevelander and full-tim=
e<BR>
professional performer since 1981. He has appeared in over 1000 industrial =
<BR>
training films, hundreds of television and radio commercials and numerous l=
ive performances. He is also the host of General Motor’s distance lear=
ning<BR>
events, and moderates live interactive webcasts for Ernst & Young and N=
ASA.<BR>
</FONT><H5><BR>
</H5><FONT SIZE=3D"2"><B>Cathy Albers: </B> Associate professor of Theatre at=
 Case Western Reserve University, <BR>
teaches in the undergrad and graduate MFA programs. She also works<BR>
with lawyers in communication skills and does voiceover work.<BR>
<BR>
<B>Fred Gloor:  </B>Fred <B> </B>has an extensive background in improv=
 as well as doing <BR>
on-camera and voiceover work and has a rich background working both <BR>
as an on camera talent, as well as a voiceover artist. <BR>
<BR>
<B>Dianne Palmer</B>: Ms. Palmer has been seen and heard in radio and TV <B=

commercials all over the United States & Canada for the past 25 years. =
 <BR>
Winning many awards for her client's commercials, her voice ranges from <BR=

 sultry to silly. Her work extends into industrial narration and singi=
ng,<BR>
<BR>
</FONT><H5><U>Noon - 1:30 PM Luncheon with Keynote Speaker Harvey Laidman<B=

</U></H5><FONT SIZE=3D"2"><BR>
Do the following shows bring back memories? “Quincy” - “E=
ight is Enough” -<BR>
 “Chips” - “Lou Grant” - “The Incredible=
 Hulk” - “JAG” - “7th Heaven” <BR>
These are just a few of the television shows our featured speaker has<BR>
directed. Through the years, Harvey Laidman has worked with numerous Hollyw=
ood notables, from Andy Griffith to Tom Selleck, from Kate Jackson to Michel=
le Lee. <BR>
Born and raised in Shaker Heights, Ohio, Harvey is returning to Cleveland &=
nbsp;<BR>
as our Keynote Speaker as well as conducting the afternoon actor’s se=
minar.<BR>
<BR>
<B><U>2:00 - 3:30 PM Session 3- </U></B><U>Performance Track<B> - “Ti=
ps from the Hollywood Director”<BR>
</B></U>Presented by Harvey Laidman <BR>
<BR>
If you’re an actor or would just like to get into the mind of a Los A=
ngeles TV director, <BR>
you won’t want to miss this session. You are encouraged to bring 2-3 =
minute readings (either in groups or for single performance) for critique. A=
ctors and future directors <BR>
will also receive tips on how to catch a director’s eye. This session=
 is sure to fill quickly!<BR>
<BR>
</FONT><H5>Please see the enclosed reservation form for pricing and reserva=
tion<BR>
information. Space is limited. Make your reservations TODAY!<BR>
</H5><FONT SIZE=3D"2"><BR>
</FONT><H5><U>Fees and Registration Form:<BR>
</U></H5><FONT SIZE=3D"2">(Please indicate which sessions you will be attendi=
ng.)<BR>
$25 per session; $25 for luncheon; All day - $85 (Save $15)<BR>
<BR>
<B>Student Rate</B>: $12.50 per session; $25 for luncheon <BR>
(or $6 to observe Keynote speech with no lunch)<BR>
(option available to students only)<BR>
<BR>
Total Due: $_______________<BR>
Name______________________________ Company___________________________ Phone=
__________________<BR>
Address____________________________________________________________________=
___<BR>
<BR>
</FONT><H5>Mail this form with your payment to: MCA-I Greater Cleveland Cha=
pter, <BR>
3487 Center Road, Suite 6C, Brunswick, OH 44212<BR>
</H5><FONT SIZE=3D"2"><BR>
Or enter your charge card information and <B>fax to the MCA-I office</B> at=
 <B>330-220-7914.<BR>
</B><BR>
Name on Card:_________________________________<BR>
Card Number___________________________________ Expiration Date:____________=
_<BR>
The charge will appear as “J & M Business Solutions” on you=
r credit card bill.<BR>
Or you may charge your reservation by phone at the <B>MCA-I office: 330-273=
-5756.<BR>
</B><I>Please make copies of this form to make reservations for additional =
attendees.<BR>
</I><BR>
</FONT></FONT>
</BODY>