[NEohioPAL]Performers Needed For Summer Event - For Task Force of Cleveland

EricMagic1 at aol.com EricMagic1 at aol.com
Mon Mar 31 13:06:19 PST 2003

April 2003

We are writing on behalf of the AIDS Taskforce of Greater Cleveland (ATGC) a local nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization founded twenty years ago to address the spread of AIDS.

ATGC would like to offer you an opportunity to highlight your community commitment and showcase your talent by participating in the Dancin’ Weekend.  The weekend-long series of events will be taking place July 24, 25, 26, & 27, 2003.  Based on the success of Dancin’ in recent years, the Taskforce expects over 10,000 visitors from a five-state region, all gathering in downtown Cleveland for an extended weekend of fun and fund-raising.

At this time, we are looking to fill Sunday July 28, 2003 - from 2pm-9pm, at the new Tower City Riverview Amphitheater, south of Tower City Center. Your participation in the Dancin’ event is a prime community exposure opportunity. To add a special element to this event for all who attend, we are encouraging talented performers from Greater Cleveland to showcase their talent and to help kick-off the day long event.

Although we cannot pay performers, if you can give us an hour or two or more from the hours of 2:00p.m.–9:00p.m., it not only affords you unique and special visibility, but also a receptive platform in which to distribute promotional and/or advertising materials to thousands who attend.  National media including print, radio and television cover this enormous event. People are accustomed to giving donations to all kinds of entertainers from mimes, jugglers, magicians, clowns and other street performers. We are also looking for any acts that have a stage show such as bands, comedians, singers, dancers, etc. Any type of entertainment you have to offer, please let us know.  There will be a changing facility at the event site for your convenience.

Please email Eric Brouman at eric at ericbrouman.com or contact Judy Price at the Task Force at 216-357-2223 if you have any questions regarding the event. If you plan on attending please let Eric know as soon as possible, time slots are already filling up fast. All of us at the Taskforce would love to see you there!

Look forward to seeing you performin’ at Dancin’!

Regards,

Judy Price
Director of Development
Eric Brouman