[NEohioPAL]Marilyn Bianchi Kids' Playwriting Festival Announces Winners

Marjorie Preston, PR/Marketing Director mpreston at dobama.org
Tue Apr 22 16:31:32 PDT 2003

Dobama Theatre’s Marilyn Bianchi Kids' Playwriting Festival Announces
Winners
- - -
Festival To Take Place June 5-8

Dobama Theatre is delighted to announce the 25 winners of the 25th ANNUAL
Marilyn Bianchi Kids' Playwriting Festival, to be held June 5th through the
8th at Dobama Theatre.

Here is a complete list of winners, organized by city:

Bedford – Jasmine Carver and Kiarra Houston
Bedford Heights – Denzel King
Cleveland – Brittany Artino and Vaughn Spurrier
Middleburg Heights – Angie Holecko
North Royalton – Pamela Denish, Chris Hren, Lexis Krovos, Peter Minidis and
Max Schlessel
Pepper Pike – Ayla Cash and Anna Ferry
Rocky River – Brynne Donoughe
Shaker Heights -- Henry Hoffman and Elana Averbach
Solon – Elianna Lisan
Strongsville – Rory Dayton, Stefan Heglas and Jackie Mitchell
Westlake – Nick Forrest, Adam Hasinski, Carolyn Kazel, Maya Patel and Alden
Voelker

Dobama Theatre’s Artistic Director, Joyce Casey, says of the Marilyn Bianchi
Kids’ Fest, “The judges had quite a tough job – we received over 400 highly
creative plays from all over Cuyahoga County.  We feel we have selected the
best works to represent that creativity, and we are excited to have the
opportunity to showcase several of these plays during the run of the
Festival.”

Every year, the Marilyn Bianchi Kids' Playwriting Festival at Dobama
Theatre, the oldest festival of its kind in the United States, accepts play
submissions from kids in grades 1-12.  The festival is open to all students
home-schooled or enrolled in Cuyahoga County public and private schools.
Winners will be honored at the Benefit Night performance on Thursday, June
5th at 7:30 p.m.  Each winner will receive a $100 U.S. Savings Bond.

For more information, call Dobama Theatre at (216) 932-6838.
For Benefit Night reservations, call Dobama’s box office at (216) 932-3396.

DOBAMATHEATREDOBAMATHEATREDOBAMATHEATREDOBAMATHEATREDOBAMATHEATREDOBAMATHEAT
REDOBAMATHEATREDOBAMATHEATREDOBAMATHEATRE

Dobama Theatre is proud to present:
THE 25th ANNUAL MARILYN BIANCHI KIDS' PLAYWRITING FESTIVAL
$25 Benefit Night June 5
FREE Performances June 6-8

2003/2004 SEASON SCHEDULE TO BE ANNOUNCED THIS SUMMER!

Dobama Theatre is located at 1846 Coventry Road in Cleveland Heights.  For
reservations, call Dobama's box office line: (216) 932-3396.