[NEohioPAL][OIFF-News] NYC SCREENING OF FILMS FROM INDEPENDENT PICTURES AND THE OIFF

oiff2001 oiff-News-owner at yahoogroups.com
Thu May 8 10:26:17 PDT 2003

Rent DVDs from home.
Over 14,500 titles. Free Shipping
& No Late Fees. Try Netflix for FREE!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/BVVfoB/hP.FAA/uetFAA/W4IolB/TM

NYC SCREENING OF FILMS FROM INDEPENDENT PICTURES AND THE OHIO=20
INDEPENDENT FILM FESTIVAL

For Immediate Release: May 8, 2003

Contact: Annetta Marion or Bernadette Gillota, Co-Artistic and=20
Executive Directors, (216) 651-7315

New York, New York-In keeping with Independent Pictures'
tradition of providing industry exposure to extraordinary films one=20
wouldn't ordinarily see, IP along with collaborators New York Film=20
and Video Monitor-one of the New York Film Industries' leading
publications-and NewFilmmakers New York, is hosting a reception and=20
films in New York City, 6p May 14 at Anthology Film Archives, 32=20
Second Avenue at Second Street.  The films are:

A WISE DECISION (10 minutes, Annetta Marion & Bernadette Gillota-
Directors)
A motivational film encouraging young people to vote, A WISE DECISION=20
is a product of Independent Picture's 7th Annual Film Production=20
Training Program, which trains inner-city youth on how to work=20
professionally in the film industry.

LA PUPPE (9 minutes, Marty-Director)
A dazzling and devastating meditation on the nature of time, the=20
dictates of fate, and Man's insatiable appetite for
self-destruction.=20

TUG OF WAR (26 minutes, Fiona Cochrane-Director)
A look at the most bizarre and riveting group of international=20
sporting champions you're ever likely to meet=96the Australian
Women's Tug of War Team at the 2001 World Games in Japan.=20

THE SNOWFLAKE CRUSADE (92 minutes, Megan Holley-Director)
In an era of DNA commodities brokering and near epidemic infertility,=20
cloning has become a fashionable procreative alternative for people=20
with means.  Only DNA meeting the high standards of the registry is=20
eligible for cloning. Nobel prize winning scientist, Nathan Clive=20
Barclay, posthumously sired a clone from his preserved DNA.  Clive is=20
a clone with an identity crisis.  Feeling that he is merely the=20
residue of greatness, Clive sets out on a life long mission to=20
destroy the reputation of his genetic sire through personal misdeed.=20=20
After his most recent stint in the mental hospital, Clive is given a=20
janitorial job at a debt consolidation company.  It is here where=20
Clive meets Marigold, the star teleagent who is sleepwalking through=20
life.  Both Clive and Marigold must now decide how to respond to the=20
forces that define them.=20=20=20

Independent Pictures is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization established=20
in 1993.  IP is the proud sponsor of the Ohio Independent Film=20
Festival, Ohio Independent Screenplay Awards, Film Production=20
Training Program, regional AIVF Salons, Fiscal Agent Sponsorship=20
Program, Speakers Bureau, annual Director of Photography Workshop,=20
and a variety of curatorial programs.=20

INDEPENDENT PICTURES' SPONSORS: The George Gund Foundation, The=20
Cleveland Foundation, Ohio Arts Council, Association of Independent=20
Video & Filmmakers, Media Design Imaging, Cleveland Public Theatre,=20
www.WritersScriptNetwork.com

Independent Pictures
1392 West 65th Street
Cleveland, Ohio 44102 USA