[NEohioPAL]CORRECTIONS for Cleve Shakes

Larry Nehring larrynehring at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 5 11:19:24 PDT 2003

There were a few slight corrections to the press release:

The Tri-C addresses were reversed, and note that Metro is actually at 2900
Comm. Coll.:

-->June 19 - 22, Tri-C Metro (Downtown), 2900 Community College Ave.
-->June 26 - 28, & July 3, 5, 6, Tri-C West (Parma), 11000 W. Pleasant
Valley Rd.

Also please note that there are no performances on June 29 or July 4.

Now for the corrected press release:

The Cleveland Shakespeare Festival is pleased to announce our first show for
the 2003 season: JULIUS CAESAR, directed by Jeffery Allen and starring Kevin
Brewer (member Actor's Equity Association) as Brutus, Alison Hernan as
Cassius, and Mark Cipra as Caesar. JULIUS CAESAR is the first of two shows
being produced for this, our sixth season.

The full cast:
Leilani Barrett……………….Antony
Kevin Brewer*……………….Brutus
Christine Castro……………...Lucius
Mark Cipra….…………Julius Caesar
Bernadette Clemens…………..Portia
Jennifer Clifford………...…Marallus
Aaron B. Coleman…Soothsayer/Poet
Ron Lee Davis……….…Decius/Cato
John DiAntonio……………..Popilius
Kate Duffield…...Calphurnia/Lepidus
Anne Eble......……..Reporter/Servant
Nathan Gurr….……………...Flavius
Alison Hernan…………..…..Cassius
Derek Koger…….. Metellus/Lucilius
Tom Kondilas…..Trebonius/Pindarus
Todd Mengay………..Casca/Messala
Quinton Perry………Cobbler/Servant
James Savage………………Octavius
Tina Thompkins……..Cinna/Titanius

Roman Senator Marcus Brutus, well respected for his honor, must face the
possibility that Julius Caesar, his friend and political ally, could grow to
be a tyrant. "Then lest he may, prevent."

Spurred on by Caius Cassius, Brutus and his co-conspirators lash out in a
pre-emptive strike, assassinating Caesar to ensure a peaceful and stable
future for Rome.  What follows is a dangerous political drama of shifting
alliances with the power of Rome at stake.

Come join us this summer for free, outdoor Shakespeare.  JULIUS CAESAR runs
from:

June 6 - 8 & 12 - 15, Shaker Heights Colonnade, 3450 Lee Rd.
June 19 - 22, Tri-C Metro (Downtown), 11000 W. Pleasant Valley Rd.
June 26 - 28 & July 3, 5, 6, Tri-C West (Parma), 2200 Community College Ave.

All shows are free and start at 7 pm.

Following JULIUS CAESAR will be TWELFTH NIGHT, running from July 11 - August
10.  Please visit our website at www.cleveshakes.org for more information on
our shows and upcoming series of summer workshops.

Lawrence Nehring
Artistic Director
Cleveland Shakespeare Festival
www.cleveshakes.org