[NEohioPAL]question: Seeking opinions on PD moving audition notices

Jose Nunez jrnunez at ameritech.net
Sat Jun 7 21:40:17 PDT 2003

--0-903087362-1055035063=:15535

What is the petition all about?  Are we asking as to whether the audition notice should remain as it is now or to put them back on the Friday paper?  If we are talking about the current notice being on a Sunday paper, I do not like it.  The Performing Arts Notices (show dates) should stay together with the Audition Notices.  I think PD is trying to boost their paper sales or something.  After all, there is an emergence of excellent local talents and performances.  What should happen is to expand the awareness of the readers to the talents and dedication of the local artists.  I think PD can definitely help in this area.  I guess I have two points:

1.  Keep the Theatre Announcements together e.g. Audition notices, Show Dates, Reviews, etc.
2.  PD should hire someone or people who will go around all the Local Theatre to review and/or promote the local Theatre.

Joey Cayabyab

OreoQT25 at aol.com wrote:
So, I see that we are getting a lot of response to this audition notice thing.  I would love to start a petition, but how do we get everyone on this list who wants to , to sign it?  Ideas?

                                                        -Lauren B. Smith
                                                        Actor/Singer/Dancer

--0-903087362-1055035063=:15535

<DIV><STRONG>What is the petition all about</STRONG>?  Are we asking as to whether the audition notice should remain as it is now or to put them back on the Friday paper?  If we are talking about the current notice being on a Sunday paper, <STRONG><U>I do not like it</U></STRONG>.  The Performing Arts Notices (show dates) should stay together with the Audition Notices.  I think PD is trying to boost their paper sales or something.  After all, there is an emergence of excellent local talents and performances.  What should happen is to expand the awareness of the readers to the talents and dedication of the local artists.  I think PD can definitely help in this area.  I guess I have two points:</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>1.  Keep the Theatre Announcements together e.g. Audition notices, Show Dates, Reviews, etc.</DIV>
<DIV>2.  PD should hire someone or people who will go around all the Local Theatre to review and/or promote the local Theatre.</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>Joey Cayabyab</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV><B><I>OreoQT25 at aol.com</I></B> wrote:</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #1010ff 2px solid"><FONT face=arial,helvetica><FONT lang=0 face=Arial size=2 FAMILY="SANSSERIF">So, I see that we are getting a lot of response to this audition notice thing.  I would love to start a petition, but how do we get everyone on this list who wants to , to sign it?  Ideas?  <BR><BR>                                                        -Lauren B. Smith<BR>                                                        Actor/Singer/Dancer<BR><BR>          <BR></FONT><FONT lang=0 style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" face="Comic Sans MS" color=#0000ff size=3 FAMILY="SCRIPT"><BR></FONT></BLOCKQUOTE></FONT>
--0-903087362-1055035063=:15535--