[NEohioPAL]David Hansen's I Hate This at Dobama Theatre July 25 and 26

Marjorie Preston, PR/Marketing Director mpreston at dobama.org
Tue Jun 10 13:01:47 PDT 2003

Bad Epitaph Theater Company Presents:
David Hansen’s Solo Performance I Hate This
At Dobama Theatre July 25 and 26, 2003

Cleveland Heights, OH – There is no word in the English language for the
parent of a dead child.

Playwright and actor David Hansen writes from personal experience in order
to break the silence around the issue of stillbirth with his original work I
Hate This.  This new solo performance, written and performed by Hansen,
takes you from the moment his son was born and through the year that
follows, though his story is not told in chronological order.  This work is
an honest, horrible, and even humorous trip through one father’s experience
with stillbirth.

Hansen will perform I Hate This at Dobama Theatre, 1846 Coventry Road in
Cleveland Heights, for two nights only – Friday, July 25 at 8 p.m. and
Saturday, July 26 at 3 p.m. and 8 p.m.  Regular admission is $15, and
student and senior admission is $10.  The Saturday, July 26th 8 p.m.
performance is a Special $25 Benefit Performance.  In honor of David Hansen’
s 35th birthday, the Saturday, July 26, 8 p.m. performance will be a
Birthday Party Benefit with a live DJ, birthday cake, food and libations
following the performance.  Help send the show to Minneapolis and celebrate
David's birth!

This weekend of performances will help prepare the show for presentation at
the 10th annual Minnesota Fringe Festival in Minneapolis, MN, August 1-10.
I Hate This is directed by Thomas Cullinan, with original music by Dennis
Yurich.

”A breathtaking, heartbreaking journey.” -- The Plain Dealer

“Affably direct and casual ... Hansen bravely enters this void and manages
to walk a devilishly delicate line.”  -- Cleveland Scene

Reservations can be made by calling Bad Epitaph at (216) 556-0919, or online
at http://www.badepitaph.org.

DOBAMATHEATREDOBAMATHEATREDOBAMATHEATREDOBAMATHEATREDOBAMATHEATREDOBAMATHEAT
REDOBAMATHEATREDOBAMATHEATREDOBAMATHEATRE

Dobama Theatre is proud to present:
THE 25th ANNUAL MARILYN BIANCHI KIDS' PLAYWRITING FESTIVAL
$25 Benefit Night June 5
FREE Performances June 6-8

2003/2004 SEASON SCHEDULE TO BE ANNOUNCED IN MID-JUNE!

Dobama Theatre is located at 1846 Coventry Road in Cleveland Heights.  For
reservations, call Dobama's box office line: (216) 932-3396.