[NEohioPAL]Armed Stage Combat class at Willoughby Fine Arts

Joshua Brown jdbrown at core.com
Thu Jun 12 14:37:36 PDT 2003

Only a few more days to sign up for Josh Brown and Kelly Elliott's
Armed Stage Combat Class at the School of Fine Arts in Willoughby.  The
class meets Saturdays from 10am to 12pm for 6 weeks, starting this
Saturday, June 14 (no class the weekend of July 4).

We will be focusing mainly on basic rapier technique, including
footwork and bladework, but we touch on many other areas of stage
combat - the history of stage combat, philosophies of violence on
stage, how to tell a story with stage combat - and we will also teach a
few flashy "Za!" tricks to spice up the training.  So if you've never
had any stage combat training, or you've only done unarmed, or even if
you're a veteran actor combatant hoping to brush up, come on out and
sling some steel with us!

You can get information on signing up for this class by calling
Willoughby Fine Arts at 440-951-7500.  If you want more specific
information about the class, feel free to email me at
jdbrown at core.com.  Thanks!

Joshua Brown